Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I remember when luc left, there was some chat around it was such a huge offer and it was great for him and his family.

I think nth qld have over egged it and now he has terrible expectations.
Sydney media were calling him our best player. Anyone with eyes could see he was letting in tries like he was devouring wicked wings. Think the Cowboys read too much press.

Sydney media were calling him our best player. Anyone with eyes could see he was letting in tries like he was devouring wicked wings. Think the Cowboys read too much press.
Just another coach falling in love with potential….
I think the players that have shown glimpses here also get a little GST added to where they could possibly get to because they’re here playing for us…
More than a few players in recent times left for greener pastures and haven’t come close to playing the footy they played for us… every coach thinks he’s got the secret to unlock a bloke…

Just another coach falling in love with potential….
I think the players that have shown glimpses here also get a little GST added to where they could possibly get to because they’re here playing for us…
More than a few players in recent times left for greener pastures and haven’t come close to playing the footy they played for us… every coach thinks he’s got the secret to unlock a bloke…
Exhibit A is Hastings in a four win season.

If Ponga isn’t there Knights compete with us for the spoon.

I think Luc represented good value for us in a team if you wanted to focus on individual flaws alone, line them up . Id say his off field dramas at the Cowboys would be a factor in their decision to let him go along with their need to retain other players ahead of him. It would be surprising if any club payed him 900k, that seems over the top.

Smacks of player manager BS to me. Canberra isn't going to pay 900k for a backrower and certainly not for Luc.. let's hope the dragons don't fall for it .. maybe the journos are getting kick backs for writing this.

I think Luc represented good value for us in a team if you wanted to focus on individual flaws alone, line them up . Id say his off field dramas at the Cowboys would be a factor in their decision to let him go along with their need to retain other players ahead of him. It would be surprising if any club payed him 900k, that seems over the top.

Maybe…
I Think Nanai going from a 200k player to 900k player basically in one season, and the emergence of Kulikefi - tied with Luci inflated contract are the deciding factors…

Smacks of player manager BS to me. Canberra isn't going to pay 900k for a backrower and certainly not for Luc.. let's hope the dragons don't fall for it .. maybe the journos are getting kick backs for writing this.
It's a nonsense price, but they do still have David Fifita money laying around.

Reactions: 851
Look I don’t like how he left the club and think he is a lazy player with a heap of potential - that aside. He isn’t a lower wage adhoc squad depth player, he is a mid tier forward value wise - $225k is below what he should earn.

Imagine he would be more a 350k-450k in todays market player roster wise. He is coming off a low season & dui charge.

For him to be released I assume a financial agreement was made with the cowboys also so this year he would have coverage to sign lower but next year he would be in the mid tier forward price range.

Can only think the $900k talk is over 2yrs or something. Zero chance he gets anything close to that. He isn’t a premier game breaking forward.
Yes I poking fun at his 900k a year price.
What you said is about accurate too I reckon.

Just watched the Raw Interview with young Solomon from Easts Tigers , very well spoken young man who I feel may surprise a few by mid season , seems like he is only worried about improving as he knows he was well behind our other players in pre season as he arrived late , but I seen some footage and he was good in Q cup and yes it’s not NRL but he could become a very handy addition , Smokey for the season watch this space

Back