Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We were talking about his defence and you said halves don't need to defend.

Nice Segway.
Yes, I don't believe halves have to be world class defenders. Certainly helps if they are, but as I've said already their job is to create points. The aim of the game for 125 years is to score more points than the other side and the halfback is instrumental to that. We had no halves last year that could create points. We let go of the only halfback that was capable of that and he took his team to semis footy last year.

I'm perfectly fine with all our halves from last year being moved on. Brooks was probably the better defender out of them all but couldn't do the most important part of his job right. Doueihi can't do either, he can go too.

And I don't own a Segway, only goofs and hipsters ride those. I think the word you're searching for is "segue." If you're going to be a condescending wanker it probably helps if you use the King's English so as to avoid looking foolish xo.

Last edited:
I agree with this but you do need game breakers who can find the try line given half a sniff.
Yea,

Ill take the point you don't need experienced backs. Your dead set right you need:
"
game breakers who can find the try line given half a sniff.
Also people who can hold a line. You can get to 9th if you just sniff tries.
When you actually have a good defensive lineup, you can stop giving away tries.
That's why guys like Crichton are so valuable.

Yes, I don't believe halves have to be world class defenders. Certainly helps if they are, but as I've said already their job is to create points. The aim of the game for 125 years is to score more points than the other side and the halfback is instrumental to that. We had no halves last year that could create points. We let go of the only halfback that was capable of that and he took his team to semis footy last year.

I'm perfectly fine with all our halves from last year being moved on. Brooks was probably the better defender out of them all but couldn't do the most important part of his job right. Doueihi can't do either, he can go too.

And I don't own a Segway, only goofs and hipsters ride those. I think the word you're searching for is "segue." If you're going to be a condescending wanker it probably helps if you use the King's English so as to avoid looking foolish xo.
You really get quite defensive.

This will be a big test for him in regards to his attitude for his future as a player,hopefully he knuckles down and is doing what the coaches would be telling him
Not sure about a big test. Just his natural progression. Ideally he'd only be on a development contract this season so expectations would be much lower. He's an 18-19 year old prop, who had an injury in the offseason that he's overcoming. Getting back to fitness, and yes he knows he needs to drop some kgs.

For Miller, 2024 is all about building for 2025. He has a good attitude, hopefully seeing team mates kick on inspires him to keep working his ass off.

So with Manu & Crichton leaving Roosters at the end of the year & JWH & Toops also likely to leave apparently the Chooks are set to make a massive play for Stefano… Roosters with money to spend could be dangerous
I can't see the Roosters going after any big name/money forwards. They already have Collins and Leniu on big deals in the front row, adding Stef to that would mean a they would have at least one 600k+ forward riding the bench with reduced minutes. Not to mention they are probably likely to re-sign Tyrell May.

Collins, Leniu, May, Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher, Wong, Whyte, Radley and Tupounioua are all walk up first graders and would cover the starting side and entire bench. They may go after a few depth forward signings but it is much more likely they spend big in the halves for an eventually Keary replacement and in the outside backs with Manu, Tupou (likely) and Suualii leaving.

So with Manu & Crichton leaving Roosters at the end of the year & JWH & Toops also likely to leave apparently the Chooks are set to make a massive play for Stefano… Roosters with money to spend could be dangerous
I recon they are more likely to resign Terrell May and bring his two Brothers across then to poach another starting prop.
Collins, Leinu, Butcher (Egan), May make a decent rotation.
They need a replacement in the backline (Taylan) and potentially a utility cover forward in the pack (Tyrone)

We did well locking up Bula last year. Otherwise I'm sure the Roosters would be looking at him to replace Teddy.

Latest posts

Back