Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

AJ Brimstone. Heath Mason..... where is the connexion.....apart from a couple of million brain cells im missing.. ... I dont see the connexion...im missing the point...

Benj has already spoken to his utility value and how he goes 100 miles an hour at everything. I think he's the ideal 14 moving forward, but Benj has to utilise him. we can't waste his key development phase by having him sit on the pine for 80 like he has with Sullivan and now Simpkin.
He's also seriously gonna hurt Api by keeping him out there continuously for the full 80. Api said Benjis message has been about trusting the guys to do their job well Benji needs to trust that he's picked these guys for a reason & give Api a spell because you could see that last 15-20 minutes he was cramping up, giving poor service from DH & was getting up very slowly from tackles... seriously we need to be careful.

@Demps isnt lying

The club haven’t completely given up on AD just yet…. he’ll get a crack at centre at some point this year as his chance at redemption.

Whether or not he’s here in 2025 will be up to AD and how he returns. But this won’t be the last time we see him in a tigers jersey that’s for sure.

I wonder if there's anybody in the know here - that could give us a glimpse of what Benji makes of Bud sullivan atm after the last few weeks performances? It's glaringly obvious he is not what we require or up to scratch.

I would be interested to know Benji/the clubs thoughts if there is any "inside" sentiment to share.....

Reactions: 851
@Demps isnt lying

The club haven’t completely given up on AD just yet…. he’ll get a crack at centre at some point this year as his chance at redemption.

Whether or not he’s here in 2025 will be up to AD and how he returns. But this won’t be the last time we see him in a tigers jersey that’s for sure.

Not suggesting he is …but sources can vary considerably between old mate down the pub or on Twitter to someone in the know at the club … and we know that leaks are being plugged since Richo got there..

I suspect AD won’t be back next year … his best position is 6 my view and they are already over subscribed there … try him at Center when he comes back by all means … but he never really had much pace BEFORE his knee injuries …. And he lacks the motor to play in the forwards …. I think his best bet would be to play 6 somewhere else …

Reactions: BZN
Been a long time since we've seen what he can do...

A game or two in cup and expect to see him lining up at centre.

No cap.
After so many knee recons there would have to be HUGE doubts about his ability to come back at any level whatsoever. He failed last time he played centre when he was younger and faster. He would need 2 months in Cup to try and learn the position and prove he can perform at his best without fear of injury.

At this stage i highly doubt he would get more than a train and trial offer for the off season, we only have a couple of spots left and have glaring weaknesses in speed and power, to which he solves nothing. He's an injury prone player yet to find his true position. If he wants to prolong his career the forwards is where he should be aiming for, and lifting his work rate and attitude. There might be a club that chucks him a minimum wage top 30 spot as a gamble, but we simple don't have a squad that can risk anymore gambles given the number of kids in our top 30.

Did the people that said we don’t need Luai still think we don’t need Luai?
anyone who thinks he isn't a wise investment needs their head read. there is no chance we would've been as flat to start the game if he's there. he also plays considerably more direct than Sezer did and Api would've copped it for playing sideways and trying to do it all himself.

he is essential to our future plans.

anyone who thinks he isn't a wise investment needs their head read. there is no chance we would've been as flat to start the game if he's there. he also plays considerably more direct than Sezer did and Api would've copped it for playing sideways and trying to do it all himself.

For that money.... ABSOLUTELY

Our poor attack is what makes our blokes work harder in defence and gases them. LL and Garner consistently got bagged for poor defensive reads while hanging out wide.which teams took advantage of. You don't weaken one part of your game as a band-aid measure for where the real problem lies.

Agreed. Sezer is good for Galvin this year because he’s an organiser and usually his kicking game is decent but he’s not a running threat.

Luai is a massive upgrade on all of those areas.

Only discussion should be who plays left side half out of Galvin and Luai.

Did the people that said we don’t need Luai still think we don’t need Luai?
Still need to see him organise a team and kick 40/20s, kick long frequently, kick for touch, force dropouts, cross field kicks, vary his kicking game etc. Sezer does all of that. Where Luai is better is running and setting up his outside men (which he has struggled with this year as he crabs across most of the time). The biggest thing luai will do is motivate the team with energy in defence and niggle. You can't train his sort of passion into players

Luai has been anything but direct this year. He crabs across way too much. In previous years he is very good at setting up his outside men. This year Taylan May (who's more of a winger) doesn't run straight lines and he's also had Luke Garner instead of Sorenson most weeks so he's struggled to get back to his strengths

Back