Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well Richo has said no more signings for 25. Luai can’t come quick enough but not sure it’s enough playing behind this pack. I hope I am wrong but maybe our juniors arent as good as they were saying.
This pack will do well and J Luai will help with our Decision making and Energy.

There are green shoots

Who would be disappointed with this team next year?
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
I’d be pretty underwhelmed.

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
No thanks do douhie and stains for mine, the rest is pretty obvious unfortunately

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
you think Douhi is gunna push Tito to the wing?
Jousting sticks.

Stefano got on a plane yesterday morning and joined the boys and had a pretty good game all things considered and if we don’t resign him we will not find anyone better
Might find player to do same job for far less outlay. Every Newcastle forward showed same or better effort than Steph but none of them get anywhere near the money Steph gets.

He was a good recruit at the time when we got him from the Dogs at a bargain price but the problem was that as usual we upgraded a player way to early when it was not justified, which seems to be what we do all the time just to make up the numbers.
How was he a good recruit? He got punted from Penrith for Ill discipline after getting on the coke gf week then did nothing at the dogs. Why did we think we can change people? That was the old regime anyway and I have faith it’s changing.

you think Douhi is gunna push Tito to the wing?
Jousting sticks.

6 is Douehi‘s only NRL level position … and we have other options …too many in fact ..

it would be pointless for us to try and play him elsewhere… and he would be doing himself a disservice … he would be better off looking for another club

Keep him, but not on elite money.
Too up and down on effort.

He has all the leverage unfortunately…they can’t afford to lose him ,,,I would try to squeeze him on the years …Maximun of three more and then see how he goes .. I doubt the roosters or panthers would offer him 4 …he is still too unpredictable..as you say

We can turnover the roster 15/30 by the start of 2026 season. Core players Bula, Olam, Turuva, Luai, Galvin, Sam Fainu, Uto?, Pole, Api. Players projected to leap Laulili, Miller, TDS, Makasini, Large Bros?

High priced players that I’d be highly surprised are there would be Klemmer, Bud, Bateman.

Basically our recruitment now and after November 1st will determine if we do anything along with juniors coming up.
Turuva and Luai are a good start but we need more.

Hate to say it but we will run near last this year and at best 12th next year.

We can turnover the roster 15/30 by the start of 2026 season. Core players Bula, Olam, Turuva, Luai, Galvin, Sam Fainu, Uto?, Pole, Api. Players projected to leap Laulili, Miller, TDS, Makasini, Large Bros?

High priced players that I’d be highly surprised are there would be Klemmer, Bud, Bateman.

Basically our recruitment now and after November 1st will determine if we do anything along with juniors coming up.
Turuva and Luai are a good start but we need more.

Fairly realistic assessment. Guys like Klemmer & Bateman will need to decide if they can handle all the losing. There’s already some signs our forwards are fed up.

They are all under contract unfortunately … but I hope they are gone by 2026 …in fact ..I’d be happy if Bateman and Sullivan go at the end of his year ..but not hopeful

Could live with Klemmer one more year ..

12 th at best …correct … I was hoping they could make the 8 next year … not happening

Well Richo has said no more signings for 25. Luai can’t come quick enough but not sure it’s enough playing behind this pack. I hope I am wrong but maybe our juniors arent as good as they were saying.
Where did he say this? Can someone send a link or something?

I don't understand the "no more signings for 25" approach from Richo. It's not like our team next year is a top 10 in the comp with the added signings, and we still lack such depth in the forwards. I really think big egos and a business over footy mind is gonna be the death of our club and a reason we will stay the joke of the NRL

I don't understand the "no more signings for 25" approach from Richo. It's not like our team next year is a top 10 in the comp with the added signings, and we still lack such depth in the forwards. I really think big egos and a business over footy mind is gonna be the death of our club and a reason we will stay the joke of the NRL
He has to say that due to our cap situation and players under contract. That doesn’t mean they aren’t working behind the scenes to move along the guys who aren’t living up to their deals.

Back