Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Richo moving very quickly. Papali'i gone, Sullivan, Naden, Staines and Bateman all in the gun. wouldn't surprise me if guys like Faagutu and Saukuru were also on the chopping block given the imbalance of experience as well.

while we're likely going to have to pay some freight to ship off the first four I mentioned, it gives us roster spots and cap space to recalibrate the roster correctly with experience and quality.

I'm not sure who and what we're looking for, but there is quality throughout England and if there's anyone who knows how to spot it, it's Richo.
And where does that experience and quality come from ? And why would they go to a club that is a perennial basket case and has a history of sacking coaches and of turning good players into walking cesspits and who'll sack them after a bad season ??

Not even salvos accepts broken toys. I have a feeling not many clubs will jump for joy at sullivan or naden
We'll be paying their contract for a few years yet. Neither is likely to go to England and neither ever exppects to play rep football so no matter what incentives you offer or threats you hold over their heads $500-600K here in reserve grade is worth a $1M in the cold and damp of England.

It’s going to be great next year when we’re playing in a random empty home stadium in Sydney’s west with a bunch of no names running around.

I feel Bateman is the least of our problems. Plenty more id be offloading before him - to name a few - Staines, to’a, Sullivan, seyfarth, kepaoa
Who are you offloading AJ to? He’s off contract anyway, but even if he wasn’t, he’s the kind of player you’d be stuck with.

probably not very reliable but Latu also being shopped??

just terrible reporting mate. Latu is mentioned in the Chammas article, but it's only to point out that his salary is due to climb to $450k, outlining why we need to shed some cap space. Richo thinks he's a future star, he won't be letting him go.

Back