Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@Bathursttiger2 It could also mean WTF!!!!!! I never thought a player of that quality would sign with us.......... well it could, maybe......:face_palm:

Ok guys, here's a compromise. WT approach both Mitchell and Suli for a centre role. See what happens then.

Any news on what we are doing hooker wise since Liddle is gone for a major part of the season already? Will be interesting to see how they start training with team structure. I can't see Reynolds there, maybe Walters but hopefully we can buy Billy Brittain for a couple of seasons for cover. Some people have mentioned Mbye to hooker but I've no idea how that would go.

cricket is on tonight

sit back and enjoy that while we wait for the impending doom of a signing

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076320) said:
Any news on what we are doing hooker wise since Liddle is gone for a major part of the season already? Will be interesting to see how they start training with team structure. I can't see Reynolds there, maybe Walters but hopefully we can buy Billy Brittain for a couple of seasons for cover. Some people have mentioned Mbye to hooker but I've no idea how that would go.

Billy Walters, I'm pretty sure Madge has eyes on him filling in at hooker.

@Cultured_Bogan - Cheers. I hope Liddle's fragility is at an end when he recovers and gets back on the field. He has talent but he can't ever seen to stay on the field. Geez, he sure must have crossed paths with a black cat in the past...

@Dyloh
On the subject of Brown, I remember him upsetting his grandmother during the season.
I don't think that is the sort of character we need moving forward.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076325) said:

I reckon Mbye would be better. If we can’t offload him I think he’d be a dangerous hooker from dummy half.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076334) said:

I reckon Mbye would be better. If we can’t offload him I think he’d be a dangerous hooker from dummy half.

Agree. Would be playing Mbye at hooker if we don't sign one and we don't offload him.

@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076343) said:

Agree. Would be playing Mbye at hooker if we don't sign one and we don't offload him.

I disagree, MBye should not be our hooker, the dogs tried him there and it failed, I would be getting Brittain or try Walters or even the young Queenslander before letting MBye in there, and Grub would also be a no from me

I feel like Mbye is a bench player and isn't good enough in any position to start. Probably best utility player in the comp.

@851 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076346) said:
@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076343) said:

I disagree, MBye should not be our hooker, the dogs tried him there and it failed, I would be getting Brittain or try Walters or even the young Queenslander before letting MBye in there, and Grub would also be a no from me

Really...looking at his career games at the Dogs it has him starting hooker in 4 games out of 120...yes they lost all 4 including the GF so fail I guess..

I'd say he failed in the halves more

Zane Tevatano linked to the Tigers (as well as several other clubs)
The Tele did mention though that Zane has a close association with Madge

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076279) said:
Guys- to each their own opinion. I dont care if we make him an offer, I doubt he'd accept. I just think Suli has demonstrated a better ability to mature than Mitchell. Also recall Mitchell was very open just recently on wanting to retire from football by 30 and return to the country (Taree I think). He will stick with Roosters- Uncle Nick will make sure of that- and then return to country probably end of next contract cycle.

Suli's a Camry and Mitchell's Porsche!
Both get the job done, but one is class.

"However, with the Roosters having recently revealed they have no room for the Kiwi Test prop in 2020, Tetevano suddenly looms as a target for the likes of Penrith, St George Illawarra, Wests Tigers and Gold Coast.

Already, Tetevano has a strong relationship with Tigers coach Michael Maguire, who doubles as head coach of the New Zealand Test side."

@Wounded_magpie said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076358) said:

The guy is a total scumbag.

Madge has a close connection with a lot of players.........

feel free to bring them here Madge

@Wounded_magpie I can tell you that anything written in the Tele didn’t come from the club. They haven’t spoken to each other in years

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076362) said:
@Wounded_magpie said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1076358) said:

The guy is a total scumbag.

One of the worst in the game and thats saying something with the amount of scumbags playing in the nrl.

Back