Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have a fully committed and energetic Thompson at fullback than a maybe so maybe no listless Moylan. If we got Moylan for free I'd have him run water.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086884) said:
@willow said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086881) said:
Moylan is garbage and Arrow has come out and said he would prefer to remain on the GC.

If not Moylan who can you envisage as our FB next year?

We shouldn't go out and buy for the sake of it. We are cashed up and need to make the right signings - cost effective and astute. If it means keeping Thompson there in 2020 and upgrading for 2021 then I am all for it. Going out and buying someone like Moylan would be absolute madness and set us back a fair way I reckon.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086887) said:
@Russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086885) said:
I still get that you are a fan avo - and you think Liddle is injury prone.

I think it’s more that he’d be a suitable fullback option at a heavily discounted rate as he’s better than what we have.

Of course Liddle is injury prone, he’s always injured. Not his fault just the way it is.

He won't be after rehab and he gets fit again.

@ElleryHanley said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086883) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086859) said:
Jai Arrow is basically a done deal with Souffs according to the Mole

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-arrow-south-sydney-rabbitohs-latrell-mitchell-kangaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

“I’ve spoken to Justin [Holbrook] about it, what better place to live than the Gold Coast?” he said.

“Play footy up here professionally and win games and potentially win a comp.

“That’s my goal, I’ve spoken about that – I want to win a comp and what better way to do it than in my hometown?

“Imagine the party the Gold Coast would throw if we won a comp.

“If we can get the right people, which I think we do. On paper we have a strong a side as anyone in the comp.”

**VERY weird quotes from Arrow then if he has agreed to move to Souths...**

One is a rumour by a guy with no quotes or anything official to back it up, the other is a direct quote straight from the players mouth.

People would do well to look for direct quotes or official statements and get their head out of social media and all the click bait like the Mole.

I get the feeling we will get Lomax and Saints will release him for 2020 season. That will probably mean from other discussions Lomax could well be WT fullback this season.

Moulin would not be a good fit for WT

Damn autocorrect Moylan........

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086892) said:
I get the feeling we will get Lomax and Saints will release him for 2020 season. That will probably mean from other discussions Lomax could well be WT fullback this season.

Moulin would not be a good fit for WT.

That would be fantastic.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-arrow-south-sydney-rabbitohs-latrell-mitchell-kangaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

“I’ve spoken to Justin [Holbrook] about it, what better place to live than the Gold Coast?” he said.

“That’s my goal, I’ve spoken about that – I want to win a comp and what better way to do it than in my hometown?

“If we can get the right people, which I think we do. On paper we have a strong a side as anyone in the comp.”

Think he might need a mental health check cos those quotes are straight up nuts. Their side is so strong on paper they finished last this season.

Wooden spooners talking up their premiership chances. Comedy gold.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086895) said:

Think he might need a mental health check cos those quotes are straight up nuts. Their side is so strong on paper they finished last this season.

Wooden spooners talking up their premiership chances. Comedy gold.

wrong wooden spooners............there 15th next year...........Manly wooden spoon....

Surely something has to give with the Sharks back line now that Ramien is back there. They'd be mad to leave Josh Morris out of centre after he scored 14 tries in 20 games at centre last year. Xerri and/or Mulitalo aren't going to like being left in reserve grade...

Moylan being mentioned as a target by the Tigers is a smoke screen which is designed to hurry up who we really want
And that would be Lomax
Surely Maguire wouldn't be silly enough to entertain the Idea of signing Moylan
Unless for an absolute bargain and for 2 years max
He'll I would rather give Xerri a go at fullback

@Cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086901) said:
Moylan being mentioned as a target by the Tigers is a smoke screen which is designed to hurry up who we really want
And that would be Lomax
Surely Maguire wouldn't be silly enough to entertain the Idea of signing Moylan
Unless for an absolute bargain and for 2 years max
He'll I would rather give Xerri a go at fullback

God i hope your right, Lomax has potential and some upside whether he lives up to that is yet to be seen. But Moylan has zero upside he's an overprice hack, if we eased the sharks salary cap woes to sign him our powers that be need sacking.

@ElleryHanley said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086880) said:
Moylan has a body like Josh.

Even for huge games last year, he was often a game day withdrawal. His hammys are gone.

If we SWAPPED him for Josh = great deal for both clubs.

If we ADDED him to Josh = absolute madness. They would play about half a season combined and you'd have a million$$$ plus sitting and watching most weeks.

100%. Spending just on "who's left" is what got the club in this mess.

Does anyone know the ramifications of not spending the cap? I would rather take the fine(?) and hopefully have the money to pounce when the right player (who wanted to come) came up. Otherwise we can avoid the consequences of not spending the cap but have + millions on the sideline week in week out again.

Also, if there is a fine for not spending, Wests have publicly tried to buy players, is that taken into account? or does the NRL force clubs to use up the cap?

@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086749) said:
From our friend The Mole this morning
TIGERS HUNGRY FOR SHARK
Now that the Tigers have pulled out of the race to sign Latrell Mitchell, they have ramped up their bid to sign Cronulla utility Matt

Moylan.
The Sharks are reportedly happy to let Moylan go after an injury-plagued season that saw him play just 11 games in 2019.
The Tigers have money to spend following Ryan Matterson's departure and see Moylan as a valuable player given his ability to play almost anywhere in the backline

Fishing for the wrong shark sadly 😔

so here we are talking about backs only, I still believe we need a senior prop and a very good backrower, because if u don't win the battle up front it really doesn't matter what u got out the back.

@bptiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086911) said:
so here we are talking about backs only, I still believe we need a senior prop and a very good backrower, because if u don't win the battle up front it really doesn't matter what u got out the back.

Leilua and Garner are a pretty good backrow. And with Musgrove and Stefano signing I don't think we're looking too bad in the middle either.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086915) said:
@bptiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086911) said:

Leilua and Garner are a pretty good backrow. And with Musgrove and Stefano signing I don't think we're looking too bad in the middle either.

Nicely understated. And if Packer fires this season we will have a great pack.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086873) said:
@Snake said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086872) said:
@Tiger78 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086858) said:
Hence why I said Happy that I would rather see us send the money elsewhere. Dylan Brown would be my pick for 5/8.+

In all seriousness the team needs a 5/8 in 2020 regardless of hamstring Reynolds .. I would go very very hard for this kid !

I'd honestly prefer Thompson at fullback over Harry Moylan

Me too! I think it’s a huge insult to Thompson that we’d even be looking at signing Moylan to play fullback (Mitchell is a different story) so I hope it’s not true.

Moylan is the Sharks’ Josh Reynolds - paid heaps of money to spend most of the time on the sidelines. We already have our own Reynolds, we certainly don’t need another one. This doesn’t sound like a Madge type signing at all, considering he has spent most of his time trying to undo all of Cleary’s ridiculous overspending on injured or ageing players.

St George have guaranteed Zac Lomax the fullback position for round one in 2020. I imagine his decision over where to go could be dragged out for quite a while now. In any case, I can't see him coming here next year. 2021 is still a chance, but if he plays well to start 2020, he might end up re-signing for Saints.

Members online

No members online now.
Back