Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494456) said:
@geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494440) said:
@kiama-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494392) said:
Love this place guilty before proven innocent. Why Luciano could be Douehi or Laurie or Blore or Liddell? Here’s a shock there are other teams out there who have had players who did have stellar seasons. Could be me I want more money just to read this stuff.

Could easily be Douiehi...had a much better season than Leilua.. missed out on Player of the Year etc

If it was I wonder if he would receive the same kick to the curb attitude Luciano has copped here..

He’s not worth 700 either

With the exception of Stefano, do we have anyone worth over $450k?

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494457) said:
Love this place guilty before proven innocent. Why Luciano could be Douehi or Laurie or Blore or Liddell? Here’s a shock there are other teams out there who have had players who did have stellar seasons. Could be me I want more money just to read this stuff.

Could easily be Douiehi...had a much better season than Leilua.. missed out on Player of the Year etc

If it was I wonder if he would receive the same kick to the curb attitude Luciano has copped here..

Twal and AD for mine, but you're right there isn't many players to choose from.

@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494458) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494457) said:

Twal and AD for mine, but you're right there isn't many players to choose from.

Agree on AD but I wouldn't pay Twal that much.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fnrl-transfer-news-wests-tigers-eye-api-koroisau-as-josh-hodgson-move-stalls%2Fnews-story%2Facda014827cb955d78a2bc1c7c786275&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

Could anyone post this please?

@compensate said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494446) said:
@cktiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494411) said:
@tiger_scott said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494400) said:
We need to settle, re the attacks on Luc. A journo has submitted an article with no substance in order to meet his quota and some poster has suggested it was Luc. a) the article is likely made up b) it could be any of the other 15 teams c) if it is the tigs, it could be any one of a dozen others

The journos read these forums. I imagine Luc's name will now be attached to this, at least in the unchecked world of the twitterverse.

The bloke who posted it saying he heard it was Luc has already admitted he makes things up... says it all really.

Made up 1 thing last month which if you had any sense of humor you would've clicked the link i was replying to and knew it was a joke. Luch thing is legit. The guy told me a journo spoke to a mate of his

So your information came from a guy who heard from another guy that another guy talked to another guy that some guy told that guy?

Sounds legit. You should make it like a motto. It would look good on a T Shirt.

@al-the-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494463) said:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fnrl-transfer-news-wests-tigers-eye-api-koroisau-as-josh-hodgson-move-stalls%2Fnews-story%2Facda014827cb955d78a2bc1c7c786275&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

Jacob Liddle has emerged as the most likely odd man out after Api Koroisau became the latest name linked to Wests Tigers.

This comes just days after the Tigers were in talks with the Canberra Raiders to see if the two clubs could strike an agreement to release Josh Hodgson from the final year of his contract.

But it is understood those talks have now been put on hold as the Tigers’ new head of football Tim Sheens investigates whether Koroisau is a fair dinkum option for next year, despite having a year to run on his contract at Penrith.

If nothing comes of that it is expected Hodgson could still end up at the Tigers next season if they can get him at the right price.

The Raiders would be happy to keep Hodgson but will not stand in his way if he could get a longer deal elsewhere.

It would mean the Raiders carrying a significant chunk of the final year of Hodgson’s reported $650,000 salary.

Meanwhile, Liddle is the player being mentioned as possible excess baggage if the Tigers end up with either Hodgson or Koroisau.

Liddle, 24, only signed a new two-year contract extension in June that was meant to keep him at the Tigers until the end of 2023.

Young Jake Simpkin is also on the books until the end of 2024 but he is considered to be safe.

It is hard to see how the Tigers could fit or justify keeping all three recognised dummy halves in their NRL squad.

Though it would be a big call letting Liddle go given the 24-year-old is coming off his best season where he was one of the Tigers’ most consistent players.

Meanwhile, the Raiders are closing in on former Bulldog Adam Elliott with talks continuing this week

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494464) said:
We need to settle, re the attacks on Luc. A journo has submitted an article with no substance in order to meet his quota and some poster has suggested it was Luc. a) the article is likely made up b) it could be any of the other 15 teams c) if it is the tigs, it could be any one of a dozen others

The journos read these forums. I imagine Luc's name will now be attached to this, at least in the unchecked world of the twitterverse.

The bloke who posted it saying he heard it was Luc has already admitted he makes things up... says it all really.

Made up 1 thing last month which if you had any sense of humor you would've clicked the link i was replying to and knew it was a joke. Luch thing is legit. The guy told me a journo spoke to a mate of his

So your information came from a guy who heard from another guy that another guy talked to another guy that some guy told that guy?

I've been getting info from this bloke for over a year and this same journo has been mentioned plenty of times. Always having a whinge aren't ya? Must have the most miserable and boring life if this is all you do

@compensate said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494478) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494464) said:

I've been getting info from this bloke for over a year and this same journo has been mentioned plenty of times. Always having a whinge aren't ya? Must have such a miserable boring life if this is all you do

Mate I didnt have a whinge. I simply accurately laid out the path of the information that you have provided. Literally thats what I did.

If reading it seems miserable, I cant help you out there. Personally I think ridiculous, unreliable, unlikely, distant, would all be better adjectives.

To be fair, would rather hear from someone who has a source that gives me hope, then continue to dwell on another piss poor season.
Contract news changes with the wind, even normally very reliable source have been missing. Coming one week then gets cold feet.
I very rarely get any info but last year I did and I was right one week then wrong the next.

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494469) said:

Jacob Liddle has emerged as the most likely odd man out after Api Koroisau became the latest name linked to Wests Tigers.

This comes just days after the Tigers were in talks with the Canberra Raiders to see if the two clubs could strike an agreement to release Josh Hodgson from the final year of his contract.

But it is understood those talks have now been put on hold as the Tigers’ new head of football Tim Sheens investigates whether Koroisau is a fair dinkum option for next year, despite having a year to run on his contract at Penrith.

If nothing comes of that it is expected Hodgson could still end up at the Tigers next season if they can get him at the right price.

The Raiders would be happy to keep Hodgson but will not stand in his way if he could get a longer deal elsewhere.

It would mean the Raiders carrying a significant chunk of the final year of Hodgson’s reported $650,000 salary.

Meanwhile, Liddle is the player being mentioned as possible excess baggage if the Tigers end up with either Hodgson or Koroisau.

Liddle, 24, only signed a new two-year contract extension in June that was meant to keep him at the Tigers until the end of 2023.

Young Jake Simpkin is also on the books until the end of 2024 but he is considered to be safe.

It is hard to see how the Tigers could fit or justify keeping all three recognised dummy halves in their NRL squad.

Though it would be a big call letting Liddle go given the 24-year-old is coming off his best season where he was one of the Tigers’ most consistent players.

Meanwhile, the Raiders are closing in on former Bulldog Adam Elliott with talks continuing this week

The DT should be able to squeeze at least another six articles out of this story.

Wonder if liddle was a hartigan or madge Signing?

That article would have been written after reading the info on this forum.

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494486) said:

Liddle was here long before both of them

@tigerman-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494488) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494486) said:

Liddle was here long before both of them

His extension may have been a Hartigan overuling Maguire item which contributed to their reported friction?

@madge said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494445) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494438) said:
For what it is worth (absolutely nothing), old mate over at LU has stated that his player has "changed his mind" and wont be coming.

IMO it was Elliott and glad he isnt coming.

Lmao the whole thing was non-sense. He knew nothing. Cop out.

Old mate had no idea. Just seeking attention

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494408) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494407) said:
@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494406) said:
@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494405) said:
would expect our recruitment to go quiet for a couple of days while Sheens runs his eye over the roster, cap and depth chart. interested to see how he fares in a DoF role. hopefully it bodes well for us.

Anybody know when Sheens, Gildart and Hastings are schedules to arrive in Sydney?

Hastings arrived yesterday and is in quarantine. Sheens, media reported sometime within a week.
Gildart not sure, saw social media post of him in London a week back.

It might be harder for Gildart, not being a returning Aussie.

Gildart wont have a problem being a sportsman with a contract

@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494487) said:

Do these jounos get paid for blatantly reading and publishing info from NRL club's, especially Wests Tigers, forums?

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494498) said:

Do these jounos get paid for blatantly reading and publishing info from NRL club's, especially Wests Tigers, forums?

yes.

"unnamed source" seems to be code for forum
"sources close to the club" is a player agent (they speak to these guys all of the time - daily)
"fans" is a forum

they even quote each other with no fact checking, especially on player salaries.

they are not journo's

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1494498) said:

Just to state the obvious yes they do.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back