Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@masterton said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517512) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517502) said:
**This place was never a haven in the midst of the internet though.** We still have mods.

To me, it was. Wasn't perfect, but at least people would argue about football rather than taking snide pot-shots. And the mods we have never seem to do anything to stop the incessant bickering.

Moderation, what moderation?

Don't mind people having a bit of a dig and a bit of a laugh within reason, but this place has turned real nasty.

It probably started in the Corona Virus thread, but like Omicron it is spreading everywhere really fast.

@tigertye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517547) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517508) said:
@tigertye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517486) said:
@THE_POM any word we’re making a decent play for Luki as well? Nanai and Luki are both going to be weapons and surprised we’re not making a play for both.

Hey mate I think he mentioned we might get nani for 23 which could prompt a away for luch but nothing happening by Christmas. Luki seems like a no go

Yeah I noticed his comment about Nanai. I just don’t know why we don’t go hard for both of them as I think Luki is only on a development deal and off contract for ‘23 also. Luki looks like a absolute superstar in the making.

I'd be very pleased to acquire one of the two. Both are very good prospects and fit the profile (high ceiling) that WTS is obviously recruiting. Re-signing Utoikamanu, recruiting Papali'i and possibly Nanai rounds out an outstanding recruitment campaign. A fast outside back would be a bonus.

@tigertye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517547) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517508) said:
@tigertye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517486) said:
@THE_POM any word we’re making a decent play for Luki as well? Nanai and Luki are both going to be weapons and surprised we’re not making a play for both.

Hey mate I think he mentioned we might get nani for 23 which could prompt a away for luch but nothing happening by Christmas. Luki seems like a no go

Yeah I noticed his comment about Nanai. I just don’t know why we don’t go hard for both of them as I think Luki is only on a development deal and off contract for ‘23 also. Luki looks like a absolute superstar in the making.

They both look the goods

@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517533) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517522) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517506) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517488) said:
Boy the quality of this forum has taken a dive since the the last lot of mods were moved on.
If it wasn’t for the occasional visit update from the Pom it would be down to backyard squabbles ….
Good grief even LU WT forum is giving better value commentary.

Off Season bro

Nope!
The standard has slipped considerably.
But if you recon it’s now better, you like it well that’s fine.

Is it new posters that are lowering standards?

Long time posters and effective mods are nowhere to be seen … and the newcomers are well …. Newcomers.
Nothing wrong with that.

@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517451) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517448) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517446) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517443) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517441) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517439) said:
This Thompson stuff is more trouble than it is worth.

100% agree, Storm interest is also real but again they want Dogs to pitch in more.
Honest opinion is time to move on from Thompson.

The Herbie Farnworth stuff accurate? We are out?

Not completely out but will not get into a bidding war with the Dolphins.

Any news about a possible backup Fullback in case Daine gets injured again?

Nothing at this stage but something that has to be addressed, lots of hopes being put on Logen Dillon but even he can't play 1st grade till after round 10 under the rules.

A possible solution that has recently come up is Bevan French (fullback, wing, 5/8, centre) especially with ex team mates Hastings & Gildart here. Any feelers @THE_POM ?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-transfer-news-parramatta-eels-junior-paulo-haze-dunster-bevan-french-contracts-rumours-updates/news-story/b3ee645afb337c2ad14ff7d92d77aec0

Boy the quality of this forum has taken a dive since the the last lot of mods were moved on.
If it wasn’t for the occasional visit update from the Pom it would be down to backyard squabbles ….

Off Season bro

Nope!

I dont think it has slipped , just believe boredom has set in waiting for any signings and nothing really happening around the league

@hugh1954 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517569) said:

Off Season bro

Nope!

I dont think it has slipped , just believe boredom has set in waiting for any signings and nothing really happening around the league

Pretty much.

@blackwhitegold said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517567) said:

100% agree, Storm interest is also real but again they want Dogs to pitch in more.

Nothing at this stage but something that has to be addressed, lots of hopes being put on Logen Dillon but even he can't play 1st grade till after round 10 under the rules.

A possible solution that has recently come up is Bevan French (fullback, wing, 5/8, centre) especially with ex team mates Hastings & Gildart here. Any feelers @THE_POM ?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-transfer-news-parramatta-eels-junior-paulo-haze-dunster-bevan-french-contracts-rumours-updates/news-story/b3ee645afb337c2ad14ff7d92d77aec0

Please no. He’s god awful.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517574) said:

could of would of player

I hope not he is terrible

The Parra official social media is posting under virtually every post about Paulo re-signing. They are in damage control and they very likely paid overs to Paulo to retain him, now they are doing their best to pump up their own signing. Don't know about you folks but 4 years on at least 700k for a forward is pretty diabolical, despite how good Paulo is playing.

@leichardt61 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517581) said:
The Parra official social media is posting under virtually every post about Paulo re-signing. They are in damage control and they very likely paid overs to Paulo to retain him, now they are doing their best to pump up their own signing. Don't know about you folks but 4 years on at least 700k for a forward is pretty diabolical.

I’d have been fine with that deal for him here. Most would consider it a steal.

The Parra official social media is posting under virtually every post about Paulo re-signing. They are in damage control and they very likely paid overs to Paulo to retain him, now they are doing their best to pump up their own signing. Don't know about you folks but 4 years on at least 700k for a forward is pretty diabolical, despite how good Paulo is playing.

I certainly would like to have him until the end of 2025 at that price

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517583) said:
The Parra official social media is posting under virtually every post about Paulo re-signing. They are in damage control and they very likely paid overs to Paulo to retain him, now they are doing their best to pump up their own signing. Don't know about you folks but 4 years on at least 700k for a forward is pretty diabolical.

700k minimum, I'm fully expecting they've got him on more maybe 800k. 850k if they really got the screws put to them and thats marquee spine money, shouldn't be paying a forward that much no matter how good.

@leichardt61 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517586) said:

700k minimum, I'm fully expecting they've got him on more maybe 800k. 850k if they really got the screws put to them and thats marquee spine money, shouldn't be paying a forward that much no matter how good.

just hope Dolphins push the price up as much as possible

I disagree. At the right price & if over his hamstring injury, he offers speed, x-factor, experience & fullback/wing value ... some ingredients we currently lack. I would agree pre-Super League but his stint in the UK may be the making of him (not as a superstar but a good role player). Plus his bond with Hastings & Gildart (I presume they got on as team mates) could also bring some zest to the team.

Na... He'll be a little worn down toward the end of the deal and we'll need that sot of Money to Keep Stef happy.
And you just can't have 2 top props on top dollars...
Parra have atm, But RCG is being subbed by Panthers (god knows how, or who signed off on that deal)
Which gives them some reprieve.... But they'd still be forking out 1.2 on Starting Props.
Lot of Money for 80 minutes between both of them per game.

@blackwhitegold said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517589) said:

I disagree. At the right price & if over his hamstring injury, he offers speed, x-factor, experience & fullback/wing value ... some ingredients we currently lack. I would agree pre-Super League but his stint in the UK may be the making of him (not as a superstar but a good role player). Plus his bond with Hastings & Gildart (I presume they got on as team mates) could also bring some zest to the team.

He’s crap. And can’t tackle. There’s a good reason he went to England

Something weird is happening in the world... I find myself actually agreeing with a lot of gunners recent posts.:scream:

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517543) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517510) said:
@aj1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517507) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517449) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517444) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517435) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517432) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517429) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517424) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517420) said:
@tigerlily said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517409) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517394) said:
Junior Paulo's management informed interested parties last night that he's staying at Parramatta.
No formal offer from the Tigers was presented.

So we still might be in with a chance if WTs did indeed make contact with Paulo and his management regarding coming.

No offence TP but your information of late is more miss then hit.

A discussion was had with his management, nothing more, no touring of the facility.
He's staying at the Eels.

Thanks Pom. I believe you 1 billion percent. Some info that an eels player with an islander surname did tour? Could it be Oregon? Ask your source

Can honestly say nothing about this has come across to me, Oregon was actually a target before he last signed with Eels.

If that’s all there was was just a discussion does that mean they are still hoping to land Thompson?

Club want's Thompson but Bulldogs are firm on the amount the are willing to chip in, would assume with there current cap situation they have this figure in mind for a reason but they will only cover at most 150k of his salary at the point in time.

Thanks @THE_POM for the update we do need another Prop to help Stefano upfront hopefully we land one soon

Think an semi-experienced hard runner is what the club needs to replace Tamou for 2023.

A mannequin on the sidelines wearing an oversized jacket could replace Tamou in 2022

Man I was watching 2015 gf Tamou just needs get those quick play the balls happening again hopefully sheens helps capture previous years form wouldn't write him of yet

2015 is nearly seven years ago. Natural slowdown occurs. Tamou is a typical Wests Tigers bad years signing.

Except he's not on massive wages like some of those bad years signings of the past, that's what people are forgetting a bit with Tamou, he's not breaking the bank

Back