Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No way. We need forwards that intimidate, his best footy was as a fill in centre.
Agree 100%
we need aggressive forwards but when you mention names like Lodge, TPJ, Hetherington, Vaughn etc.. people bring up there past, don't want to pay them anything, saying they get suspended etc.. etc. But other clubs pick them up because they need people to do the hard yards while we sit back waiting for a SOO quality player with perfect record, plays 80mins, doesn't want to get paid and does it for the love of the game.. Not going to happen.
E.g. As much as TPJ plays on the edge and gets suspended he brings a massive amount to the game and opponents need like 4 players to bring him down or he offloads and creates another play.. We don't have anyone like that..

Agree 100%
we need aggressive forwards but when you mention names like Lodge, TPJ, Hetherington, Vaughn etc.. people bring up there past, don't want to pay them anything, saying they get suspended etc.. etc. But other clubs pick them up because they need people to do the hard yards while we sit back waiting for a SOO quality player with perfect record, plays 80mins, doesn't want to get paid and does it for the love of the game.. Not going to happen.
E.g. As much as TPJ plays on the edge and gets suspended he brings a massive amount to the game and opponents need like 4 players to bring him down or he offloads and creates another play.. We don't have anyone like that..
We’re all scared of another packer. The main problem with him was the money and the fact we signed him for so long. Just gotta be smarter.

It’s an attitude with him, very lazy in effort areas, it’ll be disappointing if he stops taking the soft option at Penrith. Runs a good line in good ball sets, that’s about it.
Lets be honest he has been very ordinary for a couple of years and certainly not a player you would jump at having in your pack. And yet there are still some on here who think losing was a failure of our retention system. Why the hell would we want to retain him.

Lets be honest he has been very ordinary for a couple of years and certainly not a player you would jump at having in your pack. And yet there are still some on here who think losing was a failure of our retention system. Why the hell would we want to retain him.

Better centre from what I've seen.

He's one to keep .. Brandon Tumeth .. his physique reminds of Paul Gallen .. he seems to have the motor like Gallen as well .. he also ran great lines last night .. and tackled non stop for 80 mins. Tumeth was playing right centre by the end of the game as the young Bulldogs centre (Paul Alamoti) suffered a fractured eye socket.

Justin Matamua played strong as well at prop .. for a big unit he's got some great balls skills .. !! He often hit the ball up and passed a nice offload at the line.

Both players ran for over 100m on the night. Two players to watch in the coming seasons.
Do we have them contracted? & How long till they come into NRL?

I th

I thought that was interesting, to have knocked back the option already sounds to me like he will be trying to get out of next year also. My guess is we have got Ciraldo, hence the rejection from Burton and the link with Staines
I would love Ciraldo, but Burton rejecting his player option also allows Bulldogs to upgrade and extend his contract.

Agree 100%
Yeah but most of the guys recently have played like busted asses. I wouldn’t spend much on those pricks.

I'm just wondering who the guy on here bagged at the start of the season for offering Nanai an upgrade on what he was getting at the Cows.
Here is what the estamate his worth now: Jeremiah Nanai Current value: $250,000
Potential value: $650,000
Who's laughing now!!!!!

I'm just wondering who the guy on here bagged at the start of the season for offering Nanai an upgrade on what he was getting at the Cows.
Here is what the estamate his worth now: Jeremiah Nanai Current value: $250,000
Potential value: $650,000
Who's laughing now!!!!!
Todd Payten?

No I fkn hate losing. But I also hate shit low life people who think they can threaten to kill people in their own homes. I know how home invasions go down and it is terrifying for the victims I have literally seen a man piss himself. Also lodge stalked two women up the street telling them he was going to kill them. He should not even be allowed to play at any level. But greenturd was piss week. And he is not even that good. You reckon an average prop is out savour do you? Anyway still a no to Lodge for me, and my thoughts on this will not change no matter how desperate the rest of you get. I have had worst times than this I used to go for the magpies in the 80’s so this is nothing.
Go the Tigpies!!!
For Life but not for a life.
Look
Lodge shouldn't be playing NRL.
That being said he is playing.
America, the wonderful country of the Lawyer. Hey why send a sportsman to jail when you can hit him up for money. Heck Third world country, same things happen. Dirt poor, sees money So they sue for compensation instead of Prosecute for Jail time.
(my weird theory is Lodge was on something. Cocane? mushrooms, Enhancers?? I suspect that made him do what he did. No excuse).

Lodge is playing NRL. Maybe he shouldn't be. His "time" in this case is a large chunk of his NRL pay packet. I am ok with him playing for us since he is in the NRL.

Reactions: BZN
Back