Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How do you guys like this now
6 AD
7 LB
13 JH

It's the best we've looked in a while. I thought it was stupid.

Doueihi needs to step up big time. It'd be good if brooks could get rid of the poor plays he comes up with.

Our forwards need to do the job.

It might work though. I loved how Hastings was getting the ball out and Brooks and Laurie were running of that.

Seems to be a bit of smoke around Staines tho. Both DT and SMH have been running with it for a while now.

Staines is young quick and pretty good depth, for fullback and wing. He won't be on huge coin and has the opportunity to improve and grow... don't see how this is a bad signing.
I think you’d be surprised on what kind of money he’d be paid to come here. Wouldn’t be small

Reactions: Hmm
These stories only serve to suggest Benji is clutching at straws to recruit….not a good look….why would Moses and Tedesco leave their successful clubs to join a struggling club….especially when money is not a factor in their decisions
I'm personally amazed the lengths the Storm are allegedly going through to try and patch up their backline.

A club puts all their investment in their top-tier players, they lose a few key players to injury, then rather than digging into their deeper ranks like other clubs do, they start asking around the clubs out of finals contention if they can borrow someone half-decent.

I'd tell them to get stuffed. Or Tigers can ourselves spend 99.9% of the salary cap on the Top 22 players and then ask for temporary swap deals when a few injuries test our depth.

Staines is young quick and pretty good depth, for fullback and wing. He won't be on huge coin and has the opportunity to improve and grow... don't see how this is a bad signing.
We have a squad full of "depth" players. We need proven FG quality, and we have limited roster spots.

Reactions: 851
The original piece is from Weidler...

The Roosters were seeing red after hearing a whisper that James Tedesco is on Wests Tigers’ hit list. They were even told new Tigers assistant and Tedesco’s former teammate Benji Marshall had sent a text message to Teddy to tell him of his intent to lure him back to the Tigers. Marshall has reportedly sent a similar text to Eels half and another former Tigers star, Mitchell Moses. I checked with Tedesco’s management and they said there has been no contact from Marshall or the Tigers.
Good. It's about time we started getting under the skin of the so called elite clubs. Hope we annoy a few more

I'm personally amazed the lengths the Storm are allegedly going through to try and patch up their backline.

A club puts all their investment in their top-tier players, they lose a few key players to injury, then rather than digging into their deeper ranks like other clubs do, they start asking around the clubs out of finals contention if they can borrow someone half-decent.

I'd tell them to get stuffed. Or Tigers can ourselves spend 99.9% of the salary cap on the Top 22 players and then ask for temporary swap deals when a few injuries test our depth.
Didn't get overwhelmed with support from Storm early in season when we had half our backline missing...
Rub of the green..

Interesting that Hastings is supposedly off with some of the playing group. Could this be the same playing group that has just not seriously put in for a number of years and now Hastings is calling them on it - he is the best leader we have had since Scott Prince / no he is not the best player but the best player stopped being the best leader since about Under 10s - we have desperately needed a tough demanding leader for a long time

Back