Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well as supposed when Brooks "requested a release last off-season" he did say he will be more selfish with his next contract...

I still think he ends up at Newcastle. The Adam O’Brien interview last week made it pretty clear Knights are still interested.

Hopefully if the transfer eventuates, every chance Tyson Frizell will join WT.
What then would WT do for a halfback?

The pom said stuntman Laurie will possibly be training in the halves during pre-season

Staines fullback

Laurie + AD halves

Jacko lock

That works
I’ve been talking about trying that for some time. Seems worth a shot but not sure about your selections. Surely Brooks will play 7 , so not sure where that leaves AD and CS, if he actually comes to us.

The pom said stuntman Laurie will possibly be training in the halves during pre-season

Staines fullback

Laurie + AD halves

Jacko lock

That works
1. Staines
6. Laurie
7. Brooks

This seems like a Marshall/Sheens/Farah attack with pace in all crucial positions plus skill/creativity in the halves. Doueihi to centre or s/r?

What then would WT do for a halfback?
I have a sneaky feeling AD will become our halfback. Wants his hands on the ball more than anyone else and wants to dictate plays. He is an organising half he just is in the body of a backrower / centre.
He came into grade in the 7 and frankly he hasn’t looked better than when he plays at first receiver.
If we are after Munster. That combination could really work well.

Luke Brooks has met with the Knights management this week, expect a confirmation announcement within the coming days surely. (inside info)

Only way he could even be allowed to talk to the Knights would be if the Tigers let him before Nov so I call BS on the rumour's going around given Benji and Sheens want Brooks to stay.

I have a sneaky feeling AD will become our halfback. Wants his hands on the ball more than anyone else and wants to dictate plays. He is an organising half he just is in the body of a backrower / centre.
He came into grade in the 7 and frankly he hasn’t looked better than when he plays at first receiver.
If we are after Munster. That combination could really work well.

Zero chance he becomes the halfback, he isn't a cross field rover and doesn't set plays up. He wants to be a runner and self create not distribute. He also only plays right side of the field for years.

Well as supposed when Brooks "requested a release last off-season" he did say he will be more selfish with his next contract...

I still think he ends up at Newcastle. The Adam O’Brien interview last week made it pretty clear Knights are still interested.

Hopefully if the transfer eventuates, every chance Tyson Frizell will join WT.
…and who is going to play 7 for us?
Sheens has made it abundantly clear that Jacko won’t be.

Back