Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I really like that young forward at the Dogs Reece Hoffman.
Maybe we could give him a shot?
Plenty of talent in the Bulldogs NSW Cup team, evident by their results throughout the season.
With the Bulldogs bringing in plenty of new recruits, particularly in the back row where they have signed Kikau, Andrew Davey and young up and coming star from the Roosters in Jacob Preston.
They also have emerging stars in the backline particularly powerhouse centre Paul Alamoti and exciting ball runner Declan Casey.
A lot of these players who look and would believe they are NRL ready will not be happy to sit around playing NSW Cup much longer,

Plenty of talent in the Bulldogs NSW Cup team, evident by their results throughout the season.
With the Bulldogs bringing in plenty of new recruits, particularly in the back row where they have signed Kikau, Andrew Davey and young up and coming star from the Roosters in Jacob Preston.
They also have emerging stars in the backline particularly powerhouse centre Paul Alamoti and exciting ball runner Declan Casey.
A lot of these players who look and would believe they are NRL ready will not be happy to sit around playing NSW Cup much longer,
Some one advised we should sign nsw cup gun... Jayden Okonbor.

😂😂

Tyrell Sloan rumoured to be requesting an immediate release as he’s wanting to be a starting NRL fullback.
Heavily linked to the Dolphins, but surely we try and get him. He’s bigger, stronger and faster than Laurie and at 20 years of age, has potential to be an elite NRL fullback.
Laurie could be ok in the halves, but not enough X-Factor to be a top 8 NRL fullback.
If we sign Charlie Staines that would be great competition for the fullback spot, with whoever misses out to potentially be a starting winger.
Would add plenty of pace and attacking flair to our backline, that’s for sure.
Also Kayal Iro and Declan Casey look to be a quality NRL players in waiting, more upside than any of our current NRL outside backs.
Sloan is a shadow of the player he looked like becoming last year. He may get his mojo back but it’s a big risk.

Mbye kept him out of fullback. Staines is better suited to us IMO.

The ALL BLACKS squad the other night no RTS in the top 33, what's your thoughts should tigers make a enquiry with his manager if he's interested in a NRL return???

I know it's the slimmest of chances but if by some miracle Munster decided to come to the Tigers (nostalgia for his Q-cup team perhaps) then I could see a backline like this:

1. Munster
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. Staines
6. Laurie
7. Brooks

With Hastings at 13 playing the traditional half-back/first receiver role, we ostensibly have 2 five-eighths, one on either side of the ruck. If that's the case then Munster can chime in anywhere he sees fit. Could be revolutionary.

Again, I don't think Munster is coming here, but it made me think that this shuffle shows we may have the game plan and personnel or are very close to it. If Munster doesn't come, do we go for RTS who may be back from rugby very soon? The Benji/NZ connection is powerful. Or even bring Tedesco home? Or Sloan? If we leave Doueihi at 6 then we need a strike centre.

Plus with Api at 9, Paps in the second row, Stef back at his best and Joe O continueing his form, we really only need one prop and one second row forward to balance us out. Twal/Pole/Musgrove and Blore can fill those roles in the meantime. Thoughts?
Hastings needs to be in the halves .he is the only one with a bit of yap

Reactions: 851
Not really a shoosh if you've basically told everyone 🙄

SHOOSH

St George-Illawarra fullback Tyrell Sloan and his manager Daryl Mather will ask for a release from the club at a meeting this week. He does not want to play under Anthony Griffin. We’re tipping he’ll be joining Wayne Bennett at the Dolphins. (Buzz)

How about Trindall, down by 2, seconds left on the clock and went for the clutch field goal.
Great maths.
He went for a two pointer I'm guessing.
In 2003 the Waratahs were chasing the last spot in the semi-finals, which they would only qualify for if they got a bonus point from scoring four tries. They'd only scored three. As the clocked ticked down, Matt Dunning took a snap at field goal so the referee would give the Waratahs the penalty he'd ruled earlier but was playing advantage. The plan was to try and score a try from the penalty. However, the plan would only work if Dunning missed the field goal. He nailed it, giving the Waratahs the win but not a semi-finals berth.

Not really a shoosh if you've basically told everyone 🙄

SHOOSH

St George-Illawarra fullback Tyrell Sloan and his manager Daryl Mather will ask for a release from the club at a meeting this week. He does not want to play under Anthony Griffin. We’re tipping he’ll be joining Wayne Bennett at the Dolphins. (Buzz)
Strong mail the Dogs nab him

Lol inside info has been terrible this year.
Seen less bullshit in a cattle crush.
Well as supposed when Brooks "requested a release last off-season" he did say he will be more selfish with his next contract...

I still think he ends up at Newcastle. The Adam O’Brien interview last week made it pretty clear Knights are still interested.

Hopefully if the transfer eventuates, every chance Tyson Frizell will join WT.

Members online

No members online now.
Back