Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Laurie has the potential to be one of our best, if not our best player. He could play fullback or 5/8.

Pole is in our 17 now, better than nearly all our front row options except Utoikamanu.

Brooks one of our best, if not our best.

If you ignore his poor long kicking game, being bereft of 5th tackle options and being behind most of the premier halfbacks in stats like try assists, offloads, forced drop outs & line breaks.

His claim to fame is being a relatively decent defender, but that's not a halfbacks job, and most other halves are in the same league for percentages.

If you ignore his poor long kicking game, being bereft of 5th tackle options and being behind most of the premier halfbacks in stats like try assists, offloads, forced drop outs & line breaks.

His claim to fame is being a relatively decent defender, but that's not a halfbacks job, and most other halves are in the same league for percentages.
You are referring to his time under Maguire. Brooks always had a good short and long kicking game. He was always up there in try assists and of course his defence. He is not perfect, no one is, but look at Sheens, Marshall and Farah's view. They're a handy trio I would back on their opinions.

You are referring to his time under Maguire. Brooks always had a good short and long kicking game. He was always up there in try assists and of course his defence. He is not perfect, no one is, but look at Sheens, Marshall and Farah's view. They're a handy trio I would back on their opinions.

We've had this argument many times over. It's always been someone else's fault. He didn't have the spine apparently, but he had a spine with Moses, Teddy and Farah.

Then he didn't have the pack, but he had Galloway, Woods, Taupau, Gavet.

Then he didn't have the coach. Couldn't do it under Potter, Taylor, Cleary or Madge.

There's always an excuse with him. Other players and coaches have all taken the bullet when they've underperformed (I include Madge in this as well, before you try to go the apologist route on me,) it's Brooks turn.

We've had this argument many times over. It's always been someone else's fault. He didn't have the spine apparently, but he had a spine with Moses, Teddy and Farah.

Then he didn't have the pack, but he had Galloway, Woods, Taupau, Gavet.

Then he didn't have the coach.

There's always an excuse with him. Other players and coaches have all taken the bullet when they've underperformed (I include Madge in this as well, before you try to go the apologist route on me,) it's Brooks turn.
As I wrote, you have three well-qualified individuals backing him.

I think a lot on here like putting the cart before the horse . Wanting to spent $900,000 on burton , we could have the NSW backline and we would still not win games with the pack we got , WE need to buy one front rower who is a mongrel . We then need two more backrowers who are class players then we can start picking up backs , it’s like building a house u need a solid foundation before u put the walls up

Fair enough. I mean he's had 1,202,923 chances, what's one more.

What if he doesn't fire under los tres amigos? What then?
He played well under Cleary. Cleary's communication appears to be of a high standard. Sheens is an innovator, a communicator and plays imo a style of football which suits Brooks' game as well as a number of other players.

I think a lot on here like putting the cart before the horse . Wanting to spent $900,000 on burton , we could have the NSW backline and we would still not win games with the pack we got , WE need to buy one front rower who is a mongrel . We then need two more backrowers who are class players then we can start picking up backs , it’s like building a house u need a solid foundation before u put the walls up

Yeah, but as I have said, Brooks has played behind decent packs before and still hasn't been able to lead a side to finals.

Lack of props & second rowers and an inadequate halfback are both very pressing issues.

Reactions: 851
He played well under Cleary. Cleary's communication appears to be of a high standard. Sheens is an innovator, a communicator and plays imo a style of football which suits Brooks' game as well as a number of other players.
I think part of Clearys understanding and communication comes via Nathan. He has been around these young guys for quite a while even just as a parent.
He gets it, meaning knowing about how these guys think and what presses their buttons.
Penrith game plans are adapted to the skills he has at his disposal. Ciraldo must be the same.

Back