Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not saying they haven't been talking just saying that very much doubt Benji/Sheens would be talking mid week of a prelim. They would be respecting the situation and letting Mitch focus on the finals.
Understand. Actually I heard ( unofficially ) that Moses really enjoyed going back to LO for the Eels game and that got him thinking about a possible return to the WT.

This is why were perennial losers. After a decade of garbage, still need 2 seasons. Joke of a Club. Worst run in Australia by a fair distance.

It's interesting. Any club that rebuilds well after being knocked about focus on a 2-3yr succession strategy regarding recruiting from outside the club. Normally it's 2-3 great buys a season because you just can't recruit more than that being realistic.

Let's be real we have arguably the best backrower and hooker in the comp joining us next year, not many clubs pull that off same season. We have been spoilt because they got announced ages ago.

We have secured some very good talent in Stefano, Pole, Tumeth and co for a few years.
Our halves and backs are a major weakness & it's clear we are targeting the right halves for 24.

We have positioned ourselves to splurge bigtime for following 3-4yrs.
We have more cash than any other club to spend in 24 and beyond.

These are things the Wests Tigers haven't had until we merged or again in 04

The issue for all us fans is we have been in a constant never ending rebuild phase which is crap & right now it's hard to actually believe we will get anywhere anytime soon because of our history

Do I think Sheens will coach the team to lose in 23, no I don't but look at the squad and being realistic what more can he actually do for next season atm?

Moses has been back to Leichhardt Oval several times with mates too watch out juniors. Obviously he still has mates and friends of mates at the club. Can't see him leaving Parra though
Your probably right but ain’t it funny how you can take the boy out of the Tigers but you can’t take the Tigers out of the boy !

We are the only wooden spooner on many years who's had trouble recruiting. And that's largely because we've sucked for a long long time.
Knights signed Ponga, Pearce, Frizzel, Klemmer etc to go with their youngsters. Dogs signed Burton, Addo Carr etc. Our management just seems too incompetent to make the moves to get us up around top 8 level again. Still a lot of time to pass before next season starts, but they've got to walk the walk and not just talk to successful players

Last edited:
Moses has been back to Leichhardt Oval several times with mates too watch out juniors. Obviously he still has mates and friends of mates at the club. Can't see him leaving Parra though
Will be interesting Parra are potentially going to struggle soon - Mahoney, Papa and a few others leaving. If Brown signs with Warriors/Us or another club not much for him to work with.

Got to put the hat in the ring to have a chance.

They were pretty heavily overrated by us …

There’s a reason why Gavet has played for about 50 different clubs in his career, and well Taupau peaked about 5 years ago but was very inconsistent

One forward I wish we kept, can’t remember what happened exactly was Ben Murdoch Masila … huge lump of a lad
Gavet being fondly remembered is probably the greatest sign that our forwards have been very bad for a very long time

In defence of the Tigers, Sheens only stated that we were interested in Munster (so is everyone). Tigers haven't said anything officially about Moses - that was leaked.

As I have been told, if you haven't heard it directly from the club, it's almost certainly a leak by the player manager to drive up prices.
hopefully that means Moses isnt being looked at by the club. I'd rather continue to struggle then support him.

Hardly says it all. They have probably the games best forward injury free after a couple of injury effected years. Theyve brought through 3 of the best young forwards in the game, one of which is a generational talent, in Nanai, Gilbert and Neame. A 4th in Cotter has always shown glimpses of his ability but struggled to remain healthy before this year and is now more suited to the game than ever. With the young talent coming through the likes of MacLean and Hess are able to thrive given they have others to share the work load.
Finally they recruited a very good centre in Hiku to sure up one edge and have a star back in Holmes doing a job the job on the other.
No doubt hard work played a vital role, but the talent of their roster can not be ignored.
Absolutely. But the question is why have they been able to put that roster together.
Why are they more fortunate with their junior talent, senior recruits?

Where is the Tigers generational talent?
Where are the senior players pushing the young squad to be better.

Why are the tigers lacking in these areas

Reactions: 851
We are not recruiting for 2023, we are recruiting for setting Benji up with a very competitive squad.

There is no quality options for next year on the market atm. Everyone who is available become so for 24 at this stage.

If anyone thinks we will sign 3 forwards and 2 centres at a NRL quality level in the next few months for 23 then they have no idea. It won't be happening. It's why we just extended our backs for a year.
Cant disagree with anything you say .However one more year of big losses with the odd win is very bleak . Its not like we've been floundering for a few years . I know about all the good ones are signed till end 2023 and we can try land some for 2024 starting Nov . I'm justing hoping we could spot a few budding stars who are not in Nrl yet but will give us that bit of extra class to make next year bearable and without changing the political hotbed image the 2024/5 Stars still won't come. The centers that were extended are not up to it imo

Moses has been at parea for 5 years. How much more can he get out of Brad Arthur.

I get the sense that the players have taken control and are playing a bit outside BA structure.

Also sounds like a bit of drama surrounding the club. If not handled delicately and depending where the seasons falls Moses could leave to another Sydney club.

Cant disagree with anything you say .However one more year of big losses with the odd win is very bleak . Its not like we've been floundering for a few years . I know about all the good ones are signed till end 2023 and we can try land some for 2024 starting Nov . I'm justing hoping we could spot a few budding stars who are not in Nrl yet but will give us that bit of extra class to make next year bearable and without changing the political hotbed image the 2024/5 Stars still won't come. The centers that were extended are not up to it imo

Don't disagree mate.
I'm just expecting the worst and if they surprise me great, I hope Sheens & Benji do.

If we get an injury free run and with more of an attacking mindset I do think we will win more than this year & won't finish last, just don't think we will be top 8 material next year.

The top 8 run for me is we are positioning for 24/25. Provided we nab a few quality players externally. If we don't recruit a few good players into the side with the large cash reserves then I we are custard

Back