Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yes I do. That originated from Jack Gibson via Mick Cronin at Parra. I also remember Rooster FB Alan McKeon doing it a few times.
I guess you’d call it a fad that would be howled down today.
Yep .would it still be allowed in today's game .they can kick it a long way of the tees these days ?

God help us if Brooks has more time and space to stuff things up as he usually does over the years. How many years have we told Brooks to run and he goes missing, like him as a good clubman and yes his defense has improved over the years BUT its time to move him on if its a sound decision in our favour

Have you seen any half "run" behind a weak pack? It's like running into a brick wall.

What's going on with Tommy Talau he plays center for us in 2021. He was sort of ok but he does his ACL and spends entire 2022 rehabbing and now I see he's not even signed for next year ? What's the story ?

I’m still holding a candle for Nado.

In my experience, unless a side has some get go up the middle, the backline will struggle to get into its groove.

You can win games with lighter forwards, but they have to make up for it by being courageous and busier than their opponents as a start.

I’m still desperate for a ball playing forward. Everytime we take the ball up we need options and I’m tired of seeing wingers die with the ball relieving pressure. Just sitting ducks usually when I think we could make more of it.

We’ve been too predictable. There were some spurts during Noddys formative games, some closer matches, but our bark was worse than our bite.
I definitely agree it’s hard to judge our backs when our forwards are so far off the pace. Makes the re-signings of Naden and To’a seem strange.

How do you know we have 28 spots filled for next year .Where can u see it the west's website shows 30 odd including those that have left
According to the NRL website WT have 27 contracted. Media has reported they have offered Talau and Brown contracts.

Yes I do. That originated from Jack Gibson via Mick Cronin at Parra. I also remember Rooster FB Alan McKeon doing it a few times.
I guess you’d call it a fad that would be howled down today.
Actually just did some checking and Roosters introduced it( under Jack Gibson) back in 1967 when he took over the 66 team that never won a game. Alan McKeon was the fb in that team.
He then reintroduced it to Parra when he went there in early 80s.And Cronin was the kicker for Parra.
Guess the old memory was a bit out of alignment but I like to get my facts straight.

Look at Klemmer's stats. He's absolutely still an elite prop and a capable pack leader. He generates second phase play and consistently gets over the advtanage line - a lot of this talk about his play being limited is wrong. He may not be the most damaging runner, but I'll take a guy who puts up a quality 150m+ and 25+ tackles a week no worries.
Also tackles with his shoulders

If Doueihi can't defend at 6 - Where's he defending?
Best support in Defence is 3 in... Flank by the centre and second rower.

If you can't do it there - You can't do it.
Except our centres and second rowers are useless as tits on a bull.

Reactions: 851
What's going on with Tommy Talau he plays center for us in 2021. He was sort of ok but he does his ACL and spends entire 2022 rehabbing and now I see he's not even signed for next year ? What's the story ?
He did his ACL, MCL and cartilage damage at the same time. Was a devastating injury, he was ready to go with a couple of weeks left in the season but the club gave him more time. He apparently has re-signed but no announcement yet.

Nah he ain’t that’s just something the Brooks lovers say to try and say he’s worth keeping. There is nothing worth persisting with Brooks apart from failure. Us fans have every right to question why he sticks around when we’ve changed everything except him yet we’ve still failed.
The only thing we have changed is coaches. Every year we roll out a totally crap side with the worst forwards in the Comp, an overpaid winger who thinks he’s king shit and the whole place is run by a laid back private school boy knob from Victoria. Until all those other things change it doesn’t matter who our playmakers are, they are driving around a piece of shit in an F1 race.

They'd probably missed the grand final...
Moses has a rep pack and didn't do much in that game.

The hate talk of Brooks by some on here is so unbalanced and unreasonable its sickening isn't it. If you point out some positives about him your labelled a fan boy and its believed you death ride anyone who may take his spot. I would be deeply embarrassed to be one of those unreasonable pigs that talk about him the way they do.

Back end of the year showed we have zero attack without him and Hastings.

Latest posts

Back