Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If you want a no DH policy then we will never have any quality players. Majority of top notch players have ego and arrogance about them.

As if we would ever say get stuffed to the best hooker in the comp who knows how to win.

He is exactly what we need.
They said get stuffed to a hooker called Farah did they not.

I have heard the Simpkin one about the loan as I believe its been indicated Korisau will be 9 with a plan to use Nu Brown for a short interval as the backup, leaving Simpkin in reserve grade.

But I can not get the Leniu one. He knocked back Melbourne and said he wanted to be a panther for life. Also, why would Penrith let him go a year early?

Thought Brown had signed with the dogs? Seems strange we’d let both Liddle and Simpkin go leaves us short of hookers I would think.

Gotta say boys, Im with Dennis on this one. If thats the attitude he has coming here, he doesnt deserve to be here. Look at the Cowboys .. 15th last year to 3rd this year. Want to know a big reason why? Attitude. The strength of Todd Payton stood up & & showed he wasnt taking crap from Talmalolo. The result? You hear Talmalolo talk about Todd now with respect. That is strong leadership, & now only do they follow but players react very well to strong leadership. I dont care how good a player is, we dont need DHeads like API if that is his attitude. It speads like a cancer.
What if Taumalolo was the Dhead to begin with?

Hastings has been here one year and we went 4-20. I think he played okay but anyone claiming he can save us is cracking jokes. We need forwards.
I reckon we are 16-8 at least if he wasn’t injured or suspended for a third of the season.

I forget what game it was but he looked very reluctant to run at the defense coming off our line and also had the drops. Something about playing here makes players look timid. Think it was the week after re-signing.
Reluctant Brent…will go well with Apprehensive Dave

If you want a no DH policy then we will never have any quality players. Majority of top notch players have ego and arrogance about them.

As if we would ever say get stuffed to the best hooker in the comp who knows how to win.

He is exactly what we need.
Disagree. Both Craig Bellamy & Wayne Bennet have always operated on a no DH policy & have made average players premiership winners.

I think even Keith Barnes told him to sign with Superleague. Balmain were going to offer him 50k or something, SL offered him $1m over three years. Can’t blame him for taking the offer. As I recall when he told the Balmain management what the offer was they said he should accept it.

Edit: Turns out it was John Chalk who told him to take the $uper League money. Our offer may have been as low as $40k for one season.
For any youngsters out there, Superleague sold us a vision that the game was so wonderful, the Peoples Republic of China would boast at least 500 clubs.

And we were looking at a situation where we would one day take over all other sports.

We could “enjoy” international versions of Nathan Clearys and Paul Momorovkis.

@Demps will be back me up on that 100%.

I think he got his own secret offer to coach the Alaskan Alligators, but he turned it down.

I miss Momo as a swap pawn. If we had him now, Munster would be on the bus for sure.

Just saying…. And i know this hasn’t come to pass … but lets just dream a second.
We have secured Api and Paps, now add Klem and Leniu, maybe lose Musgrove and Simpkins but keep Nu, trade Peachy for Staines.
With the above, our squad will really have had a major overhaul resulting in upgrading many positions and losing a lot of deadwood, and by my calculations we would still have 1 spot left for maybe a mid season swoop.

Good news. Be interesting to see who gets released with thOse 2 plus Twal, Stefano, Pole, Joffa, Musgrove, Fainu, Tuki that’s 9 props in a squad of 30 assume Musgrove at least gets released then prob one more to give us room for a back rower

The style of footy to expect next season will be much different. It will be centred on pushing forward and creating second phase play which Klemmer will help with his offloading. If they can find a suitor, Musgrove would be most likely to go. IF everything goes to plan, we would see a Stefano, Klemmer, Leniu, Offa, Twal and Pole rotation in matchday squads - for both prop positions and lock. Neither Klem or Leniu have officially committed at this stage and there is much more movement this off season so nothing is a for-gone conclusion yet. Players have a habit of committing verbally and officially committing elsewhere.

Pole has also been talked about off the bench as an edge backrower rower. For the eagle eyed viewer, you would have noticed Pole playing in the backrow at the end of the year, for this reason. All but one would likely be in reserve grade or extended bench. Twal has value in his defensive efforts and a favourite of Benji and Farah. Fainu and Tuki need another season in KOE.

Personally think there are too many hurdles with Bateman to get a deal done. Don't think its the worst thing as Blore has been really putting the extra efforts in the gym and in rehab over the year, same with Talau. Both seem to have really bought in and are determined to re-pay the fans and the club.

I personally believe that the player that will break out next season and have us all talking is Tommy Talau. A move to the middle of the park will suit his skill set. His footwork and skill around the ruck is perfect for the modern game and matches the style of footy that made him an Australian Schoolboy.

Any indication we are pushing harder than the other clubs for Leniu ? Or atleast offering more money/ player loan, swap ect ?

Decent chance we get Both Leniu and Klem ?
Cheers for posting the info mate 👍
Lenui is a Western Sydney boy through and through and wants to stay out west. Tigers are the most realistic option in terms of him staying out west and allowing him to be a starting prop. Api has been in his ear, same with Staines.

Bulldogs, Dragons and Manly also after him. I have heard separately that Penrith are interested in Simpkin but no idea or info if that has been offered as a swap or anything like that. That info about Simpkin is less reliable but would make sense given that Penrith are losing Api and do not have a proven hooker in their squad.

Just saying…. And i know this hasn’t come to pass … but lets just dream a second.
We have secured Api and Paps, now add Klem and Leniu, maybe lose Musgrove and Simpkins but keep Nu, trade Peachy for Staines.
With the above, our squad will really have had a major overhaul resulting in upgrading many positions and losing a lot of deadwood, and by my calculations we would still have 1 spot left for maybe a mid season swoop.
This.

Other than I’d be market for more swapping and dark arts as the off season unfolds.

Squads are pretty much a work in progress 24/7/365.

Leinu is a talent with a bit of badly needed mongrel, we could do with a bit of attitude.

Klem needs some work, hopefully we could help him with his off-field stuff too.

Latest posts

Members online

Back