Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well, Benji was five eighth when we won.
So you think he puts Brooks on the same level as Ricky Stuart… or even Scott Prince? 🤣🤣🤣
No but he rates him over the maybe forwards but not backs, in Hastings and AD.
In todays game 6 and 7 are interchangable - different sides of the field. Whatever works.

Frizzel in the news, wants to recharge his side-- he is going nowhere, will be lucky to see 2023 out. Hastings and AD, are not part of Sheens plans going forward; He coached 4 premierships with Ricky Stuart and Benji as halves, he knows what is needed in those positions.

Shhhhh can't say that stuff on here.

If we are willing to take on Klemmer at full freight next year, reported to be worth $850k, plus offer him a two year extension at a reported $650k per year, surely that offer would be good enough to get Leniu over the line? I understand we wouldn’t get Leniu until 2024 but the wait would be worth it IMO. Woodsy could “fill in” for a year.

No but he rates him over the maybe forwards but not backs, in Hastings and AD.
In todays game 6 and 7 are interchangable - different sides of the field. Whatever works.
Maybe so but the 7 is the guy who runs the show… and Brooks has proven he can’t do that.
Even to the extent that Hastings had to do it for him.
So who plays the ‘real’ 7 then?

Yeah Brah! Tigers Sign Indigenous All-Star

In another stunning coup the Wests Tigers have landed the prized signature of former indigenous all-star Will Smith.

The former Parramatta reserve grader has been recruited to bolster the Tigers depth and is expected to lead their NSW cup side for the 2022 season.

Smith, a utility that can play anywhere in the backline as well as hooker, was joyous about the appointment and is happy to no longer be in England.

"[This word has been automatically removed]n gammon [This word has been automatically removed]s over there. Tigers camp has some dardy shit bra. Might invite the mob down for corroboree ay. Yeet yeet!"

When asked for comment Tigers head coach Tim Sheens was impressed.

"You know me I like to think outside the box a little bit. I think having a star like Will Smith around the boys will elevate their confidence a great deal. I know William has a lot of charisma from his career in the film industry and I really liked his song about Jiggy Wiggy."

More to come.

Putting 2 + 2 together & getting 7...

Brooks- Rumoured to Knights. They clearly want him. Sheens says he wants him to stay. Uses the trusty "he's on our roster for now" comment that never feels like an endorsement..

Will Smith = Signed. Backup?

Kurt Falls- rumoured to be coming. Backup?

Jackson Hastings- Unofficially our #13. Rumoured to want to play #7. Now linked with a couple of clubs away from Tigers & apparently doesn't get on with potential addition Bateman.

Adam Doueihi- No commitment from management to re-sign. Has recently punted manager.

Daine Laurie- No commitment to re-sign.

Mitch Moses- Rumoured to be the #1 target of Sheens/Marshall.

David Klemmer- Rumoured to be pursued by Tigers among others. Apparently Tigers willing to pay the full wage of Knights contract- putting Tigers in 'box seat'. Klemmer coming has (rumoured) no relation to Brooks going. Apparently Klemmer prefers other destinations, but those clubs unwilling to fork out for full contract value.

Tyson Frizzell- Recently rumoured to be a Tigers target.

John Bateman- Rumoured to have signed. Gave the trusty "I'm leaving it to after the WC to make a decision" line that never sounds like the truth.

Aaron Woods- Recently rumoured to be returning to the Tigers. Klemmer's best mate.

Let's see if we can put the pieces together..

1. Brooks has been linked to Knights for some time. Sheens uses the 'he's our player for now, Knights haven't asked about him' line. This is not a 'hands off' line. Our understanding is that no Brooks-Newcastle swap has any impact on our top target- Klemmer. But, what about Frizzell?

2. Klemmer to Tigers has been linked for a while, but nothing over the line. Recent report is talking about other clubs being in for him but not matching the contract value for Knights. Woods only recently linked to return to club, Klemmer's mate. Bargaining tool to swing the pendulum?

3. Bateman has been linked as signed & giving no indication he hasn't. Waiting for the WC run to be over, but expect this to be confirmed.

4. No extended contract for Doueihi or Laurie until the new year. Dependant on the Moses contract talk perhaps?

5. Will Smith & Falls offer coverage for Brooks/Hastings leaving.

6. Hastings linked to Bulldogs. Sheens + Gould had meetings earlier in the year with no outcome. Could Hastings be released to Bulldogs once/if Moses is confirmed along with potential Frizzell/Klemmer/Bateman additions?

Conclusion:

I believe that Woods coming is the hook to adding Klemmer.
Brooks is likely still moving, but instead of for Klemmer, perhaps for Frizzell.
Frizzell addition could allow Bateman to play #13, negating Hastings.
Hastings released to Bulldogs for ? Kiraz? Okenbor?
Smith & Falls cover at half in case Doueihi/Laurie doesn't work.
Moses is chased hard & Doueihi/Laurie contract extensions/value are assessed on the success of Moses joining.

See? 7.
Frizell is busted going off last year. Great player in his prime and exactly what we would need but I can see a mautalino or ballin type situation playing out... except on much bigger coin

Well, Benji was five eighth when we won.
So you think he puts Brooks on the same level as Ricky Stuart… or even Scott Prince? 🤣🤣🤣

Of course he does. Most of the Brooks cult still think he will be the second coming of Andrew Johns. Appeals to authority are now the only way he and the rest of the Brooks cult can defend their mute midget because his on-field play is a joke to anyone who isn't blind or related to him. They do love their logical fallacies.

The hypocrisy is pretty astounding. He wants to write off Hastings and AD as not being halves after one season (in which they both outplayed Brooks) but wants to see Brooks (in his tenth year under his 5th coach) given another go in the halves so we can get to watch him kick the ball into the oppositions legs.

Of course he does. Most of the Brooks cult still think he will be the second coming of Andrew Johns. Appeals to authority are now the only way he and the rest of the Brooks cult can defend their mute midget because his on-field play is a joke to anyone who isn't blind or related to him. They do love their logical fallacies.

The hypocrisy is pretty astounding. He wants to write off Hastings and AD as not being halves after one season (in which they both outplayed Brooks) but wants to see Brooks (in his tenth year under his 5th coach) given another go in the halves so we can get to watch him kick the ball into the oppositions legs.
I don,t think Brooks played well, but i think he was better then those two draft horses playing out of position. I would be more then happy for him to go, providing they get someone better.
I'm sure Sheens and coaches spent hours reviewing all the games in detail .Then decided that Brooks was the better option, The FACT is they tried to get Munster, and Moses, and then signed Smith , should tell you and others that they don,t rate AD, Hastings and to a lesser extent Brooks going further. Most on this forum have come to this conclusion,

How dare the coach pick his own halves.

He should pick what the fans want.

I don,t think Brooks played well, but i think he was better then those two draft horses playing out of position. I would be more then happy for him to go, providing they get someone better.
I'm sure Sheens and coaches spent hours reviewing all the games in detail .Then decided that Brooks was the better option, The FACT is they tried to get Munster, and Moses, and then signed Smith , should tell you and others that they don,t rate AD, Hastings and to a lesser extent Brooks going further. Most on this forum have come to this conclusion,
Brooks is our worst player

And if you think that he outplayed either, then I suggest you rewatch the games particularly the one's we won (half o which Brooks wasn't there for). Brooks did what he has done for the majority of his career: produced poor 5th tackle options, displayed a garbage short kicking game and failed to direct the team around and had above average defence. AD returned from a knee reconstruction and showed his ability to take on the line alone made him more valuable and Hastings ability to organise and direct the team and short kicking game was something we haven't seen in years and was largely responsible for the piss poor number of games we won. Are either perfect? Far from it but we haven't seen them in the halves together and both showed enough to merit at least trying it instead of persisting with a low-IQ halfback who has failed to lead the team anywhere in 10 years.

How does signing Smith say that they don't rate Hastings or AD? He's on a train and trial contract and is purely there for depth. Munster and Moses are two of the best halves in the game so of course if you have a chance to get them, you try. Outside the Panthers, just about every other team in the comp would go after them if they had the cap space so that's a ridiculous argument.

Sheens also persisted with John Morris for years, not to mention carrying two backs on the bench at times, playing multiple players out of position, and missed the finals most of his time here (including when we were favourites in 2012) . So even your sad little appeals to authority lack substance. Sheens is not infallible despite the best efforts of his bootlickers on here trying to suggest otherwise

I want Laurie to play where it suits the most . I assume Tim and co will work that out but Laurie gets my vote based on Effort !
In the horrendous last few rounds this year when our pathetic pack got steamrolled and most of our backline were not putting in he stood out although at times with the opposition travelling 80m a set he was on a hiding to nothing
We need better defence from our centers whoever they are ! The Pack is completely different now except Joe

Anthony Seibold has been appointed as head coach of the Manly Sea Eagles.

9zDLiZK.jpg

Members online

Back