Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Keith Galloway (Sharks) Ryan Ohara (Flop Raiders, Jamal Lolesi (flop Raiders), Lote Tuqiri (union), Garreth Ellis (England), John Morris
Are you suggesting these were superstars at the time?

Gareth Ellis joined in 2009 and was the only genuine star.

Galloway joined in 2006 when he was 21. He made his name at the Tigers.

I already mentioned Tuqiri.

Lolesi, Morris and O’Hara were 🚮

So we’ve named 2 guys over 5 years…Benji was hardly an attraction to the biggest names in the NRL.

The Last I heard the club wanted him to stay but the Bulldogs were interested. There still hasn't been an announcement from the Bulldogs so maybe that hasn't changed.
I don’t see how the Bulldogs can offer Nu any more cash than the basic wage that he was offered by us.

Although i'm pissed we haven't signed any big names , that's far better then what the nervous nellies did in the last 3 or more years . Noufa 's extension and money, a fullback that can't play fullback, a half going to 13. etc etc. All clubs make mistakes, but surely when your spending huge money, you should spend far more time evaluating a players ability, speed, level of fitness, size and agression , The club has a goal, Sheens has been open about it, Its going to take some time!
We have to roll with the punches,

With this increase in salary cap for 2023, I am just trying to think logically who & how this will benefit ...

PERSPECTIVE: Reportedly players will have a % increase in their contracts for salary cap rises so Clubs may not have as much 'up their sleeve' as many think.

MAY MEAN NOT AS MUCH MOVEMENT OF OFF CONTRACT PLAYERS: Players at current top 4-6 clubs who may have been inclined to look elsewhere for a fatter deal may be happy enough to stay now. (The likes of Moses, Dylan Brown, Tedesco down the track etc).

MORE UNDER CONTRACT PLAYERS MOVED ON: Clubs looking to offload a player under contract who is on 'overs' currently may be in a better position to offload them. i.e. Current club may be willing to pay a bit more for them to play elsewhere & new club may be also dig a little deeper. (For us, could we see a Maumalo or Nofa depart & the forum's favourite player LB & the likes of Klemmer, Nathan Brown etc).

Am I on the right track with this forecast?

Latest posts

Staff online

Back