Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Big call, hope your right.
I really don't think it is a big call. It seems to me that young backrowers always get a lot of attention for their attack. I had shitloads of non-Tigers mates raving about Kelma, not noticing how dreadful his defence was. I'd love to have Nanai, but he's almost as bad at times.

Talk down the local pub last night in WTs territory was that Chris Heighnington was being brought back to work at the club with the Pathways. I know Benji and Farah are great mates with him - could be some truth in it.
Yeah he was pictured in the photos.
Working with the young fellas.

Good to see.

Brown is also not the answer.
I'd personally select Matamua as I think with the support of the new signings he would have a better chance of finding his feet quickly, mentors of Klemmer, Bateman and Papi with Api giving him clean ball would take the pressure of him.
Brown would come in with an attitude that we don't want or need.
Didn't we publicly state we were a development club? Matumua fits that sales pitch.
So youre banking on a rookie yet to play first grade, but hell find his feet quickly...however Nathan Brown will arrive with an attitude thats all wrong...not a bad imaginative effort

So youre banking on a rookie yet to play first grade, but hell find his feet quickly...however Nathan Brown will arrive with an attitude thats all wrong...not a bad imaginative effort
He did play 2-3 games last year. ..went pretty well too.
.yeah I'd rather go with Blore or someone at lock then Brown.

Why help Parra. Them getting rid of Brown will allow them to up there price for Moses who is a target of ours.

No thanks let him eat up their cap.

I'd take Brown before Woods, who im guessing he'd be relatively cheap pick up for the vacant lock position maybe a 1+1 deal option in our favour or mutual. Give's us a chance to bring the youngster Matamua or whatever his name is through gradually. If he's good enough he'll displace Brown, but with less pressure.

re George Williams
10 X the player
ROFL. I mean seriously, ROFL.

I like when Melbourne replaced Cooper Cronk with Brodie Croft. They said "cronk had many advantages, Brodie has many advantages". Ofcourse Cronk totally outclasses everyone and Cronk or DCE would be 10x what Brooks is. Yet they realised that Brodie brought stuff to the game that Cronk did not.

... Naturally they settled on Jehrome Hugues who is a fine player, who is not 10x Brooks. (but an underrated half).
Williams will bring structure, we would loose Brooks speed and Brooks atleticism. Honestly though we haven't seen that side of Brooks lately so not much of a loss. Still Williams would be in the bottom 4 halfbacks which is still a huge credit.

If we get one or two more quality player signings it would be safe to say that the stigma we have long carried in the marketplace, where we couldn’t attract elite players to the club, will be gone. Also, if we can play consistently with some heart and desire, we will actually interest quality players who will want to be a part of the resurgence. All of a sudden the likes of a Manu or Farnsworth etc will no longer be a pipe dream.
What the club has achieved with the roster now needs to translate on the field with our style of play and results. The new coaching staff are under pressure to make this happen.

Im just wondering why Browns attitude will be all wrong
From memory, Nathan Brown would basically go bashing everyone and up the physicality.

Were getting him at the end of his career. We need to write the contract on a year by year or 2x year basis tops.

Andrew Fifitá and Woods attitude is wrong. Brown has done alright and heck would be a good depth signing.

I'll be happy with Blore if he's fit. Has plenty to work on in attack, but he's one of the best young defensive back rowers I've seen.

He was getting his line running together on the left edge with a consistent run of displays prior to his injury, hitting an occasional hole and putting his body into the line.

If we get one or two more quality player signings it would be safe to say that the stigma we have long carried in the marketplace, where we couldn’t attract elite players to the club, will be gone. Also, if we can play consistently with some heart and desire, we will actually interest quality players who will want to be a part of the resurgence. All of a sudden the likes of a Manu or Farnsworth etc will no longer be a pipe dream.
What the club has achieved with the roster now needs to translate on the field with our style of play and results. The new coaching staff are under pressure to make this happen.

I'd love us to have a big crack at Manu for FB he's a genuine superstar wasted in the centres, can even play in the halves but i guess nowdays a FB can play in the line like another 5/8 in attack sniffing around the ruck.

I haven’t been around on here for a while, but now I’m seeing all the Moses talk and it’s doing my head in! Can’t believe we would even entertain the thought of bringing him back, or even imagine that he would want to come back! He fits in way better at Parramatta, that’s obvious and if memory serves me correctly he and Brooks together in the halves was an absolute disaster.

I'd take Brown before Woods, who im guessing he'd be relatively cheap pick up for the vacant lock position maybe a 1+1 deal option in our favour or mutual. Give's us a chance to bring the youngster Matamua or whatever his name is through gradually. If he's good enough he'll displace Brown, but with less pressure.
what you take for Brown allows parramatta to put the difference towards Moses, no thanks to Brown

Back