Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This kid is as they say these days "OG" !!. If he keeps going on the trajectory path that he is currently on, I'd say the back end of 2024 season we might see him getting a few runs in the top grade. Very talent kid, great training ethics, a speedy, creative runner with ball in hand, good distribution out of half, gusty and effective defender. Definitely a star in the making, one to hold onto, if we can hold off all the clubs from pouching him.
Yes but with what happen to liddle was poor. Rushing him in too early caused early injuries. With a double shoulder reco the result of a body not ready for the grind of first grade, tacking 120kg giants. Happens all over the league, just because they have the skills doesn’t mean their body have matured enough. Let’s take our time with him, and discuss it with him so he knows why we are holding him back. Remember same thing happened to bunji!!

Train and trial contract.

Da Silva will start the year in SG Ball with Western Suburbs and then play Flegg later in the year when that starts.

You can find the Top 30 in the first post of this thread:
Is this the right way to do it in your opinion?
These Matts boys were included on train and trial contracts to allow them to train with first grade in the off season and if something dramatic happens either with their form or injuries of top grade squad members they may be called up to firsts.
The alternative is a developmental contract.

Does anyone know the difference between the two? They seem to have the same benefit in ways but obviously there are differences in remuneration.
I’m curious what the terms and conditions to a T&T contract are oppose to a Development contract.

Personally I hope that holiday is a WT TPA. About time we arrived in the real world of elite professional sport.
Most of the players who played in the World cup do not start preseason till early Jan. Bateman to the best of my knowledge has signed but there is no media release till Moses things is resolved as his contract could need a re write

These Matts boys were included on train and trial contracts to allow them to train with first grade in the off season and if something dramatic happens either with their form or injuries of top grade squad members they may be called up to firsts.

Does anyone know the difference between the two? They seem to have the same benefit in ways but obviously there are differences in remuneration.
I’m curious what the terms and conditions to a T&T contract are oppose to a Development contract.
Train and trial earn $1K/week. Unsure on the conditions but it seems that a player probably gets given 4 weeks notice or something of the sort when their time is up. Development players earn $60K/year. Their time is guaranteed and they may even have clauses which allow them to be promoted to the top 30.

T&T is a lower paying, less secure job, basically.

I think the main differences are that Development Contracts are fixed contracts, whereas train-and-trial players can be cut at any time (someone correct me if I’m wrong on this).
You can only have a certain number of Development Players.

For example, start of 2021 we had Tyronne Roberts-Davis training with us over pre-season and played both trial matches.
He didn’t perform well in either game and was cut.

Train-and-Trial deals are also cheaper.

Development Contracts also can have clauses in them guaranteeing Top 30 deals for later seasons.

This was the case for Lomi Saukuru going into the Top 30 in 2023, and Josh Feledy’s current Development Deal which guarantees him a Top 30 spot in 2024 and 2025.

Train and trial earn $1K/week. Unsure on the conditions but it seems that a player probably gets given 4 weeks notice or something of the sort when their time is up. Development players earn $60K/year. Their time is guaranteed and they may even have clauses which allow them to be promoted to the top 30.

T&T is a lower paying, less secure job, basically.
Beat me to it.

Train and trial contract.

Da Silva will start the year in SG Ball with Western Suburbs and then play Flegg later in the year when that starts.

You can find the Top 30 in the first post of this thread:
Cheers, must be one of the youngest players we have ever contracted

Right from the start of the Moses thing I thought it would turn out like all the others. I am now thinking maybe this will have a happy ending. Just think Issac Moses has three contracts all tired up in this deal, MM, Brooks and Bateman. So he has a lot to gain along with the players
I don’t understand how he benefits anymore than just letting them sign anywhere? Doesn’t the agent get a cut of the contract fullstop? Is there some extra club payment if multiple players from the same management company are signed at one club? Doesn’t make sense to me but maybe I’m missing something…..

I think the main differences are that Development Contracts are fixed contracts, whereas train-and-trial players can be cut at any time (someone correct me if I’m wrong on this).
You can only have a certain number of Development Players.

For example, start of 2021 we had Tyronne Roberts-Davis training with us over pre-season and played both trial matches.
He didn’t perform well in either game and was cut.

Train-and-Trial deals are also cheaper.

Development Contracts also can have clauses in them guaranteeing Top 30 deals for later seasons.

This was the case for Lomi Saukuru going into the Top 30 in 2023, and Josh Feledy’s current Development Deal which guarantees him a Top 30 spot in 2024 and 2025.
Train and trial are usually built into a contract for say 4-6 weeks or longer, typically with a fixed amount to play KOE. Quite a few of these started either this week or last week.

Balmain legend Benny Elias says Mitchell Moses should stay with Parramatta Eels​

Dean Ritchie
EXCLUSIVE

He is the Balmain legend who will always hold an abiding love for his Wests Tigers.

But Ben Elias has a strong message for his nephew and Tigers target Mitchell Moses: “If you’re happy at Parramatta then re-sign.”

Moses, 28, comes off contract after next season and is wrestling with massive interest — all worth more than $1 million a season — from Parramatta, the Tigers and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are also interested in off-contract Penrith centre Stephen Crichton, who the Panthers are trying to re-sign now that Origin winger Brian To’o has been retained until the end of 2027.

Like Parramatta, Penrith are battling an incredibly tight salary cap but still hope to make a respectable offer to Crichton, who is being courted to play fullback at Canterbury.

The Bulldogs may find it challenging to squeeze both Moses and Crichton under their burgeoning cap, as they also look to upgrade five-eighth Matt Burton’s contract.

While the Tigers remain keen on Moses, it goes against Elias’s black-and-gold heart to admit his nephew should remain an Eel.

“My belief has always been that you stay somewhere where you’re happy and life couldn’t be any better for Mitch. Sometimes you have to put family and blood over club loyalty,” Elias said.

“I totally understand Mitch’s dilemma and his frustration over what to do but he’s happy then he should stay.

“Parramatta are a great side so you’re comparing a grand final side with a team that got the wooden spoon. It’s a long year when you’re struggling, trust me so if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands.

“Selfishly I’d love him to come to the Tigers – a club that will always be in my heart – but if you’re after satisfaction and happiness then why shift clubs?

“What’s the saying? Better the devil you know.

“The Eels have been very good to Mitch so I reckon they’re the favourites. Parramatta is desperate to keep him and he wants to win a premiership.

“I get asked every day where Mitchell is going and, it’s only my opinion, but if he’s content, why move? Mitch loves Parramatta.

“Ever since I’ve known Mitch’s father, he has been a tragic Parramatta supporter. Those little things help make your decision.”

Moses has also attracted considerable interest from the Queensland-based Dolphins.

With a young family and now happily settled in Sydney’s inner-west, it appears increasingly unlikely Moses would uproot his life for Redcliffe.

“Mitch hasn’t told me whether Gus has contacted him but I know he is settled in Sydney and won’t leave,” Elias said.

“Any side that doesn’t have a halfback would want Mitchell Moses. Why wouldn’t you? Mitchell speaks well, he’s a great ambassador and a crowd-pleaser.

“I was with Andrew Johns on Saturday and Joey is a real big fan of Mitchell. All those great halfbacks, Joey, Peter Sterling, Johnathan Thurston, they all became great from the age of 26 onwards.”

Meanwhile, former Manly prop Martin Taupau remains unsigned for next season. Five clubs are understood to be interested in the World Cup forward but are being hindered by the game’s failure to nail down a CBA and salary cap.

Balmain legend Benny Elias says Mitchell Moses should stay with Parramatta Eels​

Dean Ritchie
EXCLUSIVE

He is the Balmain legend who will always hold an abiding love for his Wests Tigers.

But Ben Elias has a strong message for his nephew and Tigers target Mitchell Moses: “If you’re happy at Parramatta then re-sign.”

Moses, 28, comes off contract after next season and is wrestling with massive interest — all worth more than $1 million a season — from Parramatta, the Tigers and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are also interested in off-contract Penrith centre Stephen Crichton, who the Panthers are trying to re-sign now that Origin winger Brian To’o has been retained until the end of 2027.

Like Parramatta, Penrith are battling an incredibly tight salary cap but still hope to make a respectable offer to Crichton, who is being courted to play fullback at Canterbury.

The Bulldogs may find it challenging to squeeze both Moses and Crichton under their burgeoning cap, as they also look to upgrade five-eighth Matt Burton’s contract.

While the Tigers remain keen on Moses, it goes against Elias’s black-and-gold heart to admit his nephew should remain an Eel.

“My belief has always been that you stay somewhere where you’re happy and life couldn’t be any better for Mitch. Sometimes you have to put family and blood over club loyalty,” Elias said.

“I totally understand Mitch’s dilemma and his frustration over what to do but he’s happy then he should stay.

“Parramatta are a great side so you’re comparing a grand final side with a team that got the wooden spoon. It’s a long year when you’re struggling, trust me so if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands.

“Selfishly I’d love him to come to the Tigers – a club that will always be in my heart – but if you’re after satisfaction and happiness then why shift clubs?

“What’s the saying? Better the devil you know.

“The Eels have been very good to Mitch so I reckon they’re the favourites. Parramatta is desperate to keep him and he wants to win a premiership.

“I get asked every day where Mitchell is going and, it’s only my opinion, but if he’s content, why move? Mitch loves Parramatta.

“Ever since I’ve known Mitch’s father, he has been a tragic Parramatta supporter. Those little things help make your decision.”

Moses has also attracted considerable interest from the Queensland-based Dolphins.

With a young family and now happily settled in Sydney’s inner-west, it appears increasingly unlikely Moses would uproot his life for Redcliffe.

“Mitch hasn’t told me whether Gus has contacted him but I know he is settled in Sydney and won’t leave,” Elias said.

“Any side that doesn’t have a halfback would want Mitchell Moses. Why wouldn’t you? Mitchell speaks well, he’s a great ambassador and a crowd-pleaser.

“I was with Andrew Johns on Saturday and Joey is a real big fan of Mitchell. All those great halfbacks, Joey, Peter Sterling, Johnathan Thurston, they all became great from the age of 26 onwards.”

Meanwhile, former Manly prop Martin Taupau remains unsigned for next season. Five clubs are understood to be interested in the World Cup forward but are being hindered by the game’s failure to nail down a CBA and salary cap.
Thanks bro. Much appreciated!

TBH if we don't get Moses I would rather see him stay at Eels..
I don't know why but the dogs supporters are just up themselves.
They think to think they are winning comps from next year on and we are getting spoons.
I don't think I'm been bias but we have had some excellent turnover and additions and look just as good as them..

Latest posts

Staff online

Back