Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

WELSBY

Never seen him play but there is massive hype around him. Imagine that present for us long suffering fans.

Now this might be the Xmas juice talking, this would make the saddest of sad Tigers fans get out of bed and believe. These are the results of us taking hard salary cap years, i.e. front loading a bunch of contracts. We've been able to free up a bunch of money for this year and next that we can spend large.

After watching this video, I want him. I want Jack Welsby in a Wests Tigers jumper. GET IT DONE SHEENSY!

Vgood young player - speed, strength, great passing game, kicked a field goal and that mongrel similar to Bateman. Let's hope he wants to be a WT.

Never said it was winable. Every decision regarding that was at best incompetence & at worse corrupt. The NRL wouldnt not admit anything, because like everyone else , they cleary could see this was deeper than bad decisions, and dont want to open that can of worms. But true winners take up the fight regardless of the what the out come is likely to be. That is strength of charactor. Actions not words.
Baloney. You have no idea what Tigers did behind closed doors, and to burn hundreds of thousands of the club's money on an unwinnable public court case is exceptionally poor management.

Baloney. You have no idea what Tigers did behind closed doors, and to burn hundreds of thousands of the club's money on an unwinnable public court case is exceptionally poor management.
Can we also assume that you would have no idea how much money the club actually spent ‘behind closed doors’?
In any case, profit margins and spreadsheets don’t build club culture, attitude does.
I’d say the club showing they’re willingness to stand up for themselves when they’re right, particularly against the odds, shows character and tenacity. I’d also imagine the players would appreciate the front office getting their hands dirty, even if only as a show of solidarity.
I know when management backs my crew in on-site issues, it absolutely builds positive company culture.
‘Exceptionally poor management’ you say?
What’s your acceptable formula for $ investment vs improving club culture?

Then why did he? He had a contract for 23? He CHOSE an OFFER he PREFERRED.
And good luck to him.
Your Brooks, Sheens, sookery is just so old. Move on dude.

You dont choose to take up an offer at another club while contracted unless the club your at allows it. Let's not pretend the coach wanted him.
Sheens blocked Newcastles attempts to sign Brooks who reportedly wanted out at some point. He could have done exactly the same if he wanted to retain Hastings but instead released him.
Sheens decision allowed it to happen and who benefits best out of it we will find out next year.

You dont choose to take up an offer at another club while contracted unless the club your at allows it. Let's not pretend the coach wanted him.
Sheens blocked Newcastles attempts to sign Brooks who reportedly wanted out at some point. He could have done exactly the same if he wanted to retain Hastings but instead released him.
Sheens decision allowed it to happen and who benefits best out of it we will find out next year.
No argument with any of this?
Coaching staff made their decision, Hastings was made a better offer from Newcastle, Tigers allowed his release and made what they believe is a favourable trade.
Move on?

No argument with any of this?
Coaching staff made their decision, Hastings was made a better offer from Newcastle, Tigers allowed his release and made what they believe is a favourable trade.
Move on?
They all certainly have - fans may take a little longer it seems if the forum is anything to go by.

That’s why IP stated he signed to be coached by Madge, but don’t let facts get in the way
Remember tigertragic Hastings said the same early last year. Then when he left said he wanted to play under Sheens to be part of the solution. Just think that's kind of NRL player etiquette, not throwing the current coach under a bus.

Remember tigertragic Hastings said the same early last year. Then when he left said he wanted to play under Sheens to be part of the solution. Just think that's kind of NRL player etiquette, not throwing the current coach under a bus.
Nah,

Ok look Hastings has learned some very hard lessons which made him a totally different player.
Hastings bagged both Coaches at Manly and Trent Robertson at Easts. Before the UK trip Hastings clashes with DCE and Cronk and told them how to do their jobs.

Hastings learned the smarts to be respectful and say the right things. I suspect too he actually liked Madge and thought Madge could drive the team forward (who am I to know from the sidelines).

IP I reckon says the truth he signed to play under Madge...

The whole "Sheens" coaching again thing. It's a hospital pass. Yet looking at who we are signing it's a hospital pass that may just work.

Jackson Hastings: Why I jumped at the chance to join the Newcastle Knights​

By Robert Dillon
Updated December 14 2022 - 6:55pm, first publis

JACKSON Hastings says he still loves Wests Tigers "with all my heart", but in the end he couldn't get up the freeway to Newcastle quickly enough.

You’re conveniently forgetting Sheens traded him for Klemmer.
If you read his quotes he said he didn’t want to go.

Hastings started negotiations & agreed to terms for 24 with the Knights weeks before the trade ask happened - keep in mind he had to accept the trade also. The trade ask was from the Knights/Hastings.

Sheens always said he wasn’t going to look at extending Brooks, AD, Laurie and Hastings until the new year. Hastings didn’t wait.

Reality is he didn’t want to play lock & was offered a large increase to play halfback and took it. Good on him.

Hastings has a large history of jumping teams whilst building a narrative via media with fans of his views.

Pretty safe to say Hastings didn’t play when we copped our biggest floggings… meaning we had plenty of points scored against us and didn’t manage to score many when he wasn’t in the team.
Maybe that’s a more telling point.
Besides that we had an season riddled with long term injuries and a coaching drama contributing to those figures…. and you want to blame one of the only blokes who put his heart into every game?
Absolutely! How quickly people forget. Hastings was instrumental in our two biggest wins against Parra and Souths.

Where is this Welsby rumour coming from? Looks a proper player!! Would it be for 23 or 24
I know the NRL has a history of failed English backs, our own Gildart being the latest, but this Welsby guy looks different. When you watch the highlights video, you see outstanding talent and with his combination of speed, toughness and passing ability, you have to think he'd really transition well. This is definitely a guy we should go hard for but how realistic a chance are we to sign him? I've heard there would be an enormous transfer fee and that St.Helens are not keen to release him.

Jackson Hastings: Why I jumped at the chance to join the Newcastle Knights​

By Robert Dillon
Updated December 14 2022 - 6:55pm, first publis

JACKSON Hastings says he still loves Wests Tigers "with all my heart", but in the end he couldn't get up the freeway to Newcastle quickly enough.

Is there any other NRL player that does as much of these “honest“ or “open-up, heart on sleeve” style interviews as Hastings? He seems to pump out one per week.

Latest posts

Back