Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

U can’t have everything all at once, our forwards over the last couple of years has been pathetic, NOW just remember this forwards win games , so what has SHEENS and co done , they have got rid of the so called forwards and given us a real PACK . But u can’t get everything in one of season, I am sure they have a plan to refresh the backs next season, be patient
Understand that, I'm really referring to Brown. I don't think he's required and any money left should go towards a quality back. We have Pole and Blore and hopefully players coming through to bolster our revamped pack.
I'm highlighting that top clubs have more than 1 marquee backs...we have ⅗ of one in AD.
Having said all this I don't think Brown us ciming and RTS is a dream of mine as he's a superstar.

IMO our need for Brown is dependent on if we are looking short term or long term. Short term our pack is not yet good enough. We definitely need more depth if we want to finish even middle of the pack next year.
But if the young forwards live up to expectations and gain some experience over the next year or two they may be good enough to not need further recruitment by the time Benji is taking control.

So if we sign Brown for 2023 WT have one spot left to fill which will be someone for the backline.

Brown should be signed one a two year deal with the second year in WT favour so he needs to play well in 2023 or on your bike son.

Tedesco's heart was stolen by a big fat Chicken. Which is sad, as for some reason players LOVE the flight deck club of Easts who will toss him at the first sign of trouble.

"now hearing that Keary is injured" What is with Easts training:
Boyd Cordner
Jake Friend,
Keary (maybe?)
There seems to be a bit too many medical retirements. I believe Boyd's and Jake's are genuine.

I also see Luke Keary IF UNINJURED an option. Concussion and/or Neck damage forget it. Unsure what price but Keary has played finals at 5/8 and worked with Cooper Cronk a fair bit. Could be a better 7 option then Brooks and we get Brooks at 5/8 where he should be.
Trent Robinson trains his players to play like human missiles. So many of his players are going to be suffering later in life.

I can only think they want some short term experience in the pigs.
The backs will be sorted as well.
brown would be good for 1 year. By next year a couple of our younger players can step up. We don't have a lot of depth at lock/2nd row.

U can’t have everything all at once, our forwards over the last couple of years has been pathetic, NOW just remember this forwards win games , so what has SHEENS and co done , they have got rid of the so called forwards and given us a real PACK . But u can’t get everything in one of season, I am sure they have a plan to refresh the backs next season, be patient
You want more?😂

Brown would only be a decent buy if we rid ourselves of a Seyfarth or similar, but also im guessing we would have our Moses response good or bad. No way we'd wait this long and then help them retain him by taking Brown.

Understand that, I'm really referring to Brown. I don't think he's required and any money left should go towards a quality back. We have Pole and Blore and hopefully players coming through to bolster our revamped pack.
I'm highlighting that top clubs have more than 1 marquee backs...we have ⅗ of one in AD.
Having said all this I don't think Brown us ciming and RTS is a dream of mine as he's a superstar.
U can never have to many hard nosed forwards , it’s a long season , I think it’s also a bit late now to pick up a class back other than RTS but he will cost us

U can never have to many hard nosed forwards , it’s a long season , I think it’s also a bit late now to pick up a class back other than RTS but he will cost us
Totally agree. We need plenty of nasty, and whike Im at it Id chuck him straight into the 13 spot.

Don’t put it past Tim, he’s been doing those things in the past.😂
I guess if we do sign Brown it wouldn't be bad news hey.
I'd love to know our cap balance and TPA's are. Like are we a chance of getting RTS or Jesse Ramien or is it a prawn thrown out there by desperate journalists?

Staff online

Back