Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

For what it's worth, the WestsLife pod fellas have suggested they have on good authority, confirmation that Mitch Moses will be extending with Parra.

Whilst I would have loved him, I have always maintained it's not the worst thing in the world if we do miss out on him.

Let's see how this all plays out, I have a feeling it's close to a resolution one way or another now.
The folk on the Parra Forum say he is staying with the Eels, will be announced soon, good money and 3rd party deals.

I would have my fav Michael O'Connor in there, only because I played against him and I'm biased 😉

Michael O'Connor what a player he use to glide across the field does anyone remember the ball he took off the 50 meter line from a drop out and scored in the corner almost untouched and he also had some magic origin moments the kick from the corner in the mud and pouring rain after the full-time siren to win a origin game was amazing

We’ve been down this road a bunch of times before with potential star player recruitment.
The way we got Api and Papalii was quick and excellent, but these long sagas are exhausting and most often don’t pan out for us. (We all remember being so excited by the Latrell opportunity…an outcome which was very deflating.)
So as much as I would like Moses to be here, I’m trying not to invest any more emotional energy into it. He is a good player, but he is no Latrell or Munster after all. If he comes, awesome! If not, cest la vie. I won’t lose sleep. Just wish it would end so everyone can move on and prepare.

We’ve been down this road a bunch of times before with potential star player recruitment.
The way we got Api and Papalii was quick and excellent, but these long sagas are exhausting and most often don’t pan out for us. (We all remember being so excited by the Latrell opportunity…an outcome which was very deflating.)
So as much as I would like Moses to be here, I’m trying not to invest any more emotional energy into it. He is a good player, but he is no Latrell or Munster after all. If he comes, awesome! If not, cest la vie. I won’t lose sleep. Just wish it would end so everyone can move on and prepare.
Yes - to all of that.

I think Firzy was the best winger of all time. Can anyone remember Clint Robinson. He had some toe but I think he suffered from injuries and his career was cut short.

I think To'o is a lot better than JAC today. The metres he gets are unreal plus he finishes as well as anyone.
Agree about Robinson. Injuries robbed him of a career. Very smart footballer.

Everyone’s keeps thinking Brooks is gonna have a big year behind this pack (might be true) but keep sleeping on AD

I reckon he’ll be the most improved player in the comp next year... you just watch
Hope AD performs well enough to justify selection in the run on 13. Otherwise, we have no goalkicker.

WestsLife pod guys.
I used to listen to these guys but soon realised that there was more hate than love for the Wests Tigers.

As for M Moses coming I think it’s 50/50, maybe 51/49 for the Eels.

He would be great for the Tigers to have a genuine controlling half but credit to him if he stays with Eels.

As for the earlier best winger posts I’d go for Ken Irvine. He starred for the lowly Bears but went up another 2 levels in the star studded Manly team.
they lost me when they ranted about Lee H and carried on like muppets

Whilst I would have loved him, I have always maintained it's not the worst thing in the world if we do miss out on him.

He will cost so much money and to me he isn't really elite. He might become elite but he isn't there atm.

Turbo and Tedesco are elite. Latrell could be at that level. Munster is pretty close.

Agree about Robinson. Injuries robbed him of a career. Very smart footballer.
O'Connor now Robinson a walk down memory lane... Robinson could have been a very very good player injuries got the better of him did he end up playing a season at Souths before retiring?

He will cost so much money and to me he isn't really elite. He might become elite but he isn't there atm.

Turbo and Tedesco are elite. Latrell could be at that level. Munster is pretty close.
put him with our pack and he will be good, he is worth the punt

If we don't get him it really puts a hole in our plans moving forwards. We still desperately need to find a halfback or two
George Williams the only real option and we would need Wigan to release him, they are filthy about how Bateman played out so don't like our chances.
Moses or bust

Been down this Moses track so many times. When there is a good looking chance we might sign him, the forum are singing his praise . Than when he looks like joining all the others and not signing, the forum start saying his over rated and over priced.

I have said from day one he would stay with Parra, but he would be a great pick up for us.Just his kicking game is worth paying big money for.

Members online

No members online now.
Back