Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Winning will be the biggest factor in recruitment for 2024.
Hey master chief, Spartan117. I tried to play that game at the hardest level, insane!
Yes mate, how good is it to have this optimism for the coming year.
I've been trying to think how opposition are going to try and beat us..
Up the middle with quick play the balls then spin it and cause noffa to come in off his wing?
On the edges... don't think so.
Bomb to test Laurie or Staines.?
I think if you asked me about these this year we failed all those points plus more.
My player to make us look like a totally different good side is.... .........

Isaiah Papali’i

Hey master chief, Spartan117. I tried to play that game at the hardest level, insane!
Yes mate, how good is it to have this optimism for the coming year.
I've been trying to think how opposition are going to try and beat us..
Up the middle with quick play the balls then spin it and cause noffa to come in off his wing?
On the edges... don't think so.
Bomb to test Laurie or Staines.?
I think if you asked me about these this year we failed all those points plus more.
My player to make us look like a totally different good side is.... .........

Isaiah Papali’i

Without seeing how our defence has changed, I’d say ball movement with changing angles to isolate our halves and centres.

Without seeing how our defence has changed, I’d say ball movement with changing angles to isolate our halves and centres.
Totally agree Tuck, being an old centre I can support you there.
I laugh when people say centres don't get paid as much because it's not a critical position, fiddle sticks. Quiet often you have to make spilt second decisions and be solid. Changing angles are a test for endurance, players covering on the inside.
The good sides have so many bodies in motion both in attack and in D for sustained periods.
If our team is super fit so noone gets stuck in the mud then we've got a huge chance.

Would think opposition will continue to do what has been successful for too many years. Bash us up the middle and wait a relatively short time to score thru the middle or on the edges. The only thing that gives hope for 2023 is we may now have a forward pack that can stop this happening and allow us to do the same to the opposition.

We now will have second rowers who can tackle and do the tackling for the halves like all the good sides have.
This will mean less tackles for AD and Brooks
It will come down to...
The bounce of the ball,
The wind in our backs,
The sun in their eyes,
A fair rub if the green,
An unbiased ref,
Our jerseys not too dark,
RUBBISH they're too dark.

Would think opposition will continue to do what has been successful for too many years. Bash us up the middle and wait a relatively short time to score thru the middle or on the edges. The only thing that gives hope for 2023 is we may now have a forward pack that can stop this happening and allow us to do the same to the opposition.
I would argue our 2023 pack, on paper, is our best ever and by seasons end they’ll prove so. I’d be very surprised if we concede points through the middle as we have done for the past decade or more.

I would argue our 2023 pack, on paper, is our best ever and by seasons end they’ll prove so. I’d be very surprised if we concede points through the middle as we have done for the past decade or more.
No argument from me..on paper this is potentially the best pack we have ever had ..2005 and 2010/11 included

Back