Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Totally agree Tuck, being an old centre I can support you there.
I laugh when people say centres don't get paid as much because it's not a critical position, fiddle sticks. Quiet often you have to make spilt second decisions and be solid. Changing angles are a test for endurance, players covering on the inside.
The good sides have so many bodies in motion both in attack and in D for sustained periods.
If our team is super fit so noone gets stuck in the mud then we've got a huge chance

I played in the centres once... I was not good!

Hence the "once"... 🤣

No it's not. My mate and I still laugh about the time at Leichhardt where Ryan got up from a tackle and started to jog back out to the wing, only to be pushed back into the middle by Liam Fulton. "Nah mate you're here, remember? No I've no idea why either."

Cool story

No it's not. My mate and I still laugh about the time at Leichhardt where Ryan got up from a tackle and started to jog back out to the wing, only to be pushed back into the middle by Liam Fulton. "Nah mate you're here, remember? No I've no idea why either."

Some people have a very selective memory about Sheens as they only remember the "good things".There are quite a few who still remember both the good and bad and undoubtedly we will be getting a dose of both again.
It will be an interesting season for many reasons

In reply to Bula's post .. now thats the real "Tattoo" .. aka Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize from the TV series "Fantasy Island" His famous line from the series is when he shouted out .. "Da footy, da footy .. !! .. lol

All good Mikey.
I was all emotional and on a Benji high after watching a couple of highlight reels the other day.
A lot like Chevy Chase in Lampoon's Christmas when he got stuck in the attic and was watching the old super 8 movies of the kids.
No, I didn't put on my wife's old shawl to watch Benji.
Cheers - I'll be forever grateful for the early years of Benji - who could ever forget the Cronulla side-stepping game, the Stains semi scrum play, the GF flick etc (I still play the 05 season highlights DVD when I'm in need of a reason why I follow this shipwreck of a club)
BUT the later more cartoon-like player he became was a poor imitation of himself. He and Farah were responsible IMHO opine for us backdooring in the Warriors semi-final - all they needed to do was close the game out but of course they had to go for magic that turned the whole game.

Give it time.
Let’s make sure the pack is fixed first.
They are the real footballers in a squad.

If the pack performs like it looks on paper, we should see reasonable improvement in the backs. Brooks' career here is likely hinging on it.

No fan of his and I'm not necessarily sold that he'll suddenly become an above average half, but our pack has been garbage for years and I've only ever seen one player in the halves routinely perform behind a beaten pack and that guy will be our coach in 2025.

Back