Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Their best Junior imo (Joey O’Neill) wont hang around now they have signed and given a top 30 spot to the young Bronco. O’Neill is better than any of our Flegg & Reggies halves. He is just one of several outstanding players they will lose
Hopefully sheens will be keeping an eye on the situation and takes any of the good juniors who want out of the dogs

Actually I see a Brooks / Moses combination being very similar to what Todd has done with Dearden and Townsend.
Honestly nothing alike.

Moses is a more gritty player, Townsend is very much an organiser.

Dearden isn't Brooks. I see Brooks as a lot more like Mitchell Pearce then any other player on the field (IMHO). Moses, as much as I don't think he is right for our team, he does have a bit of Tommy in him!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of your post. Your 100s of posts backing Luke Brooks tends me to form the opinion that you are an enormous hypocrite
If you read my posts, i basically have always said, don't blame the half in a poor side. I am willing to see how he goes with a decent forward pack , and spine. AD, was not great , Laurie was not great, our 9 was not great, and our forwards were butter soft. Plus our backline was the worst i;ve ever seen. You live on negatives and mud slinging, and that is obvious with you and the cave people who support you. This year will determine if a FB now playing 5/8, a small and inexperienced player playing FB , will perform better with a good pack. Then we will see who makes the grade in this side. I think Brooks deserves the chance, just like all the players, if not , let them go.

In all seriousness, Moses makes us a much better team. I'm excited if he comes. He knows how to play. A top 4-5 half. We get some experience in the backs and there is no reason why we won't be entrenched in the top 8 for years. Plenty of depth now which we didn't have before thanks to finally giving the junior pathways some attention.

Talk about TPA’s surly Harry has hundreds of contractors working for him that with a gentle twist of an arm they could offer a couple of TPA’s to a few of WT’s players.
I often wonder about Harry. Comes across as a tight ass and I say that 'tongue in cheek' as I know he has put plenty of money into the club previously. You'd think at his age and with his sizable purse that he'd give TPA's a red hot crack to see another GF appearance.

I thought Douehi and Moses were a really good combination for Lebanon. I think they'd compliment each other perfectly, as long as AD gets back to his 2021 form and uses that as a baseline performance. Last year for the Tigers he wasn't good enough
The Lebo connection again ? your not biased , ha!

Last edited:
Looks that way doesn’t it. Nick and Gus are very close. I know Tim Grant got offered a “restructured” contract which Tim made the same money but less on the books when at Panthers. Creative accounting or a good TPA came in but to TGs credit he said no. Thats just one example I know of Gus tactics. I believe our approach is good. Trust me I wasn’t totally convinced on Sheens return at first but he has the junior reps onside and pumping to play for us

Appreciate your insight

and now.

There is Zero way you are getting Jesse + Kenneth Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Mark Nichols, the Dolphins have an impressive front row.

Spine is Marshall + Sean O'Sullivan + Anthony Milford + Jaymayne Isakko

Add Hammer and others, The dolphins have a great squad that they would be no where near getting without Wayne Bennett.

Yes they did not sign Munster, etc. They will sign a "gun". Wayne is building his sides right. I expect them to be top 8 minimum.
No spine with Milford in it makes the 8, he is worse than Brooks.

Reactions: DJG
Looks that way doesn’t it. Nick and Gus are very close. I know Tim Grant got offered a “restructured” contract which Tim made the same money but less on the books when at Panthers. Creative accounting or a good TPA came in but to TGs credit he said no. Thats just one example I know of Gus tactics. I believe our approach is good. Trust me I wasn’t totally convinced on Sheens return at first but he has the junior reps onside and pumping to play for us

Is that matt bettsey for us doing good things too and do you know how involved lampkin is at junior level?

His footwork at the line is dangerous and he is deceptively quick. That’s it.
Teddy and Munster eat him alive. They compete on every play. They bust their guts. They are just as effective at all levels. If I had to place my faith in any of these three to win me a game. I wouldn’t even spend a second considering Luai.
Give him 1 to 2 yrs and he will be a superstar, and yes, he is not quite their class-YET. ;;;

Fyi

Moses on a 5 yr deal is better than klemmer and Bateman on 4 yr deals. Even at 1.4M. That’s the price you pay for losing him in the first place.

Gus has done an amazing job with the dogs to date (in 12 months!!) and all this “they’ll lose players and he’s messed up their cap” is absolute one sided WT mediocrity. He has signed who’s he’s wanted (bar MM) and hasn’t lost a player to date. And he transformed panthers by securing funding from Packer. Wish Pascoe and Lee had thought of bringing him in before Dogs did… but losers don’t win.

Also we need two more marquee players in the backs to be a top 8 eight contender - at least one in halves.
Jack Hertherington, JMK, Paul Vaughan, Matt Dufty, Joe Stimson, Josh Jackson, Cory Allen, Aaron Schroop, Ava.
Said hello.

Honestly nothing alike.

Moses is a more gritty player, Townsend is very much an organiser.

Dearden isn't Brooks. I see Brooks as a lot more like Mitchell Pearce then any other player on the field (IMHO). Moses, as much as I don't think he is right for our team, he does have a bit of Tommy in him!
Great opinion, but I have no idea what you are on about.

The good thing about being on this forum for awhile now is when you get on and just look at the posters names while scrolling without reading all the rubbish , only stopping now and then to read the very few on here that have any idea about what they are saying

Back