Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We need to have exclusive arrangements in place with certain schools like St Gregs, Holy Cross, Westsfield SHS may be pushing it but worth a shot.

We can't force players to sign with us of course, but in terms of clinics, try outs etc we should have control over these things
I agree, though technically Westfield SHS falls in the Parramatta Catchment. We’ve been lucky to extract as much talent as we have recently from there.

Buzz just makes things up . He had Bulldogs favourites to get Moses a few weeks ago

Riccio’s article says eels haven’t upped their offer since December & won’t get in to a bidding war but remain confident .

If that’s the case why is Moses still talking to us ?

Buzz just makes things up . He had Bulldogs favourites to get Moses a few weeks ago

Riccio’s article says eels haven’t upped their offer since December & won’t get in to a bidding war but remain confident .

Buzz suggested that if he was Moses he’d go to dogs…. Yeah right

I'm pretty confident that we are NOT gonna land Moses .. !! Which means we have somewhere between $1 to $1.6 million left in our kitty for Sheens/Marshall and co to find a marquee player .. for this season or the next.

So far at training there are two players that are doing themselves no wrong in trying to secure a contract with the team. Both Sheens and Marshall have been very impressed with Jahream Bula and Joshua Feledy.

Other members who looked good at the recent training session are Brandon Wakham, Daine Laurie (who looks like he done a good job in the off season in the gym) .. and Benji Marshall running around the field like he's a teenager again .. !!

Rugby convert Ben Houston continues to train the house down, but unfortunately appears that he may have subluxed his right shoulder in a contact drill and will have to wait for scans to determine the damage.

Forbes Ferrari had a race off against Bula the other night during training with the Ferrari showing why the nick name .. he's quick, Bula was just half a step behind .. we have two quick lads out wide folks.

Here's a link to John Bateman training back in the UK:

Last edited:

Mostly likely he wants to stay at Parramatta but just can get the financial aspect right he would feel very comfortable there or go back to a place you use to work at for more money tough decision

I'm pretty confident that we are NOT gonna land Moses .. !! Which means we have somewhere between $1 to $1.6 million left in our kitty for Sheens/Marshall and co to find a marquee player .. for this season or the next.

So far at training there are two players that are doing themselves no wrong in trying to secure a contract with the team. Both Sheens and Marshall have been very impressed with Jahream Bula and Joshua Feledy.

Other members who looked good at the recent training session are Brandon Wakham, Daine Laurie (who looks like he done a good job in the off season in the gym) .. and Benji Marshall running around the field like he's a teenager again .. !!

Rugby convert Ben Houston continues to train the house down, but unfortunately appears that he may have subluxed his right shoulder in a contact drill and will have to wait for scans to determine the damage.

Forbes Ferrari had a race off against Bula the other night during training with the Ferrari showing why the nick name .. he's quick, Bula was just half a step behind .. we have two quick lads out wide folks.
Benji looked like he could step straight back out on to the field.
Laurie has definitely put on some size but didn’t train ,he actually walked past me and I heard him say to someone else “I’m just going to get a scan”
I think Houston may of got injured from an API tackle ,wrapped up both his arms and slammed him pretty good .

Laurie with the JimBeam and KFC diet 💯

Brad Arthur, will be crucified by the supporters if Moses left. Their cap is getting severely out of shape.
Eh they are taking up a bit of chunk with their spine. Doubt they will win a premiership any time soon .

Still they will play and finals. I honestly hope Moses does stay and takes up 1.2 mill.

Great post, keep it up!

Well I hope your wrong about Moses but think your right.
This Bateman situation is a concern IMO.. Surely with the Chair owning a law firm we could have had this sorted by now.

Anyone got the latest riccio Moses article?
A major domino has fallen Parramatta’s way with Canterbury officially withdrawing interest in signing star playmaker Mitchell Moses.

After more than six months of negotiations, the Eels are now favourites to retain their most important player with the Wests Tigers the only opposition left duelling for the 28-year-old.

Apprehensive and doubtful prior to Christmas that they would be able to keep Moses, the Eels are now confident of locking down their gun long-term.

Moses’ confidence as a player under Eels coach Brad Arthur, his partnership with rising star Dylan Brown and the prospect of playing regular finals footy are three major factors in Parramatta advancing to the box seat.

Canterbury, in the process of a stunning rebuild, were considered the lead threat to the Eels. However, the Bulldogs informed Moses’ management late last week that they are no longer in a position to advance negotiations.

The Canterbury hierarchy had originally met with Moses about the prospect of partnering five-eighth Matt Burton in the halves at Belmore.

However, the acquisition of teen half Karl Oloapu from the Broncos - rated the best 18-year-old in the country - and the impressive pre-season of Kyle Flanagan led the Dogs to put an end to discussions with Moses.

Parramatta have played a patient game with Moses, allowing him the time to exhaust his options elsewhere, whilst also refusing to enter a bidding war for his signature.

The Eels haven’t moved on their original offer tabled prior to Christmas, believing the deal reflects the club’s eagerness to ensure Moses stays in the blue and gold.

The re-signing last December of Brown, until at least the end of 2025, would also be a significant influence on Moses’ call.

The pair formed one of the most damaging attacking combinations in 2022, evidenced by the Eels advancing to their first grand final since 2009.

Was there anything stopping the club actually starting the process for Bateman's visa before he was confirmed? Surely it wouldn't cost a fortune to get the ball rolling?

Benji looked like he could step straight back out on to the field.
Laurie has definitely put on some size but didn’t train ,he actually walked past me and I heard him say to someone else “I’m just going to get a scan”
I think Houston may of got injured from an API tackle ,wrapped up both his arms and slammed him pretty good .
It was Ken M that hit Houston hard.

Very good tackle, jammed in from the wing and got him.

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Staff online

Back