Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It will definitely be Brooks. He will be on a reduced contract, and AD believes he is worth $900k. He simply isn't, as good as a player he is. He won't get that from us, no matter what position he is playing in.

Keeping Brooks allows us to spend the best part of $1 million in the kitty for other upgrades and key retention. (assuming AD is currently on $600k and is released and Brooks takes a $400k hit). Bush math, but you get the picture.
If you read the article posted on the other thread, Brooks wants to stay whereas Doueihi has kept his options open.

It will definitely be Brooks. He will be on a reduced contract, and AD believes he is worth $900k. He simply isn't, as good as a player he is. He won't get that from us, no matter what position he is playing in.

Keeping Brooks allows us to spend the best part of $1 million in the kitty for other upgrades and key retention. (assuming AD is currently on $600k and is released and Brooks takes a $400k hit). Bush math, but you get the picture.
Either way Doehi will need to have a good season.

The club is very confident that Moses will be putting pen to paper at this Thursdays meeting.
A 4 year deal worth close to $1.4mill per season (can't confirm but a 5 year may be a mutual option).
All "requirements" per his managements discussions have been met & our offer is better than the Eels.

Since Farnworth has informed other clubs of his intent to stay at Broncos the club has changed focus to Dominic Young, very early talk just gauging his price point.

Daine Laurie is looking likely to take up the current 1 year extension being offered, he wants 2 years or more but club not budging on this.

Talk of Seyfarth looking to move on is true, club happy to keep him for 2023 season but won't stand in his way of long term offer if it comes forward.

Laurie will be fullback round 1, Staines too quiet for Sheens liking & "needs to find his voice" to be any chance of taking the 1 off Laurie, Bula is nipping at their heels but a roster spot would need to be freed for him to play prior to round 10.

Club has also held talk with Fletcher Baker from the Roosters.
Thanks for the update pom!

Unfortunately when the club feels confident, it usually is wrong

That would be the way i see it and i have zero contacts in football these days
I always thought that would be the outcome ,but the one thing that always got me thinking he’s come to us was , we offered a 4 year deal and the slimmmy eels only offered 3 years , that been the case if true he’s throwing away a guaranteed $1.4 which doesn’t make any sense, because at the end of his 3 year contract he would be 32 and would be lucky 🍀 to get $400,00 , just my thoughts

This myth has been perpetuated on
here for the last 6 months because of
1 poster who doesn't like him. Makes
me sick having to read about it every
other week. DT reported that storm and
Bellyache wanted AD in August last
year on loan but got Nofa instead.
He only played a handful of games
last year coming back from ACL.
People are too bias on here, they'd rather talk about how he slipped
off a couple of tackles instead
of how he played in 2021 & won us games
single handedly off the boot or with
tries. The favoritism and bias
on here is too much sometimes. The
better player should always get the nod —
both Doueihi & Brooks have both got
an opportunity to stake their claims
this year. Beyond that its fantasy coach talk

The hate AD gets for last season is crazy, people expect a guy coming back from an ACL injury to walk into the team & be the star player.

So we are been told that Bateman can’t get a visa because of Xmas , and backlogs . I don’t buy this because we all know it’s not what u know it’s WHO u know , so we all our been told that no one At the tigers has no contacts in the government . I spoke to a barrister mate of mine and he said he had contacts that he could approach, but not saying he could get a visa , just seems very strange
The PM is Albo and he follows Souffs.

So we've potentially improved our spine by brining in Api and Moses..... then improved our pack by brining in Papalili, Klemmer and Bateman???

The combination of the creativity in the spine with arguably the most creative 9 in the game and the most creative 7 in the game - with the attacking flair Sheens and Marshall will want to play will help Brooks and Laurie's game.... personally think AD will go another level next year which will be interesting

Obvious to see that Sheens also wanted to bring in some mongrel in our pack to go with our young forwards with both Klemmer and Bateman then added the best back rower in the comp with Papalili

The Sheens and Marshall era has begun.... loved Madge but doubt he'd have this level of pull from a recruitment perspective.

If true about MM - we can really create some noise again at tigerland

The PM is Albo and he follows Souffs.
Wouldn’t go to Albo for anything the bloke is a drop kick . The only thing he could fix would be a climate change question , it’s the only thing he cares about .
BUT wait maybe that’s why Bateman can’t get a visa , ALBO doesn’t want him flying here on a jet , which gives off climate change co2 🙄🤔🥴

It wasn't perpetuated on here, it was reported in 2 papers. I am not saying they are right or wrong, but that's the information we have at this point.

I also agree that the best player should get the nod, but I think the signature of MM is only acquired if Brooks is also in play.

Given that Sheens and Brooks have both admitted on record, that they are already talking about an extension, you don't have to use much brain power to figure out who the priority is.

I don't think my post one way or another showed any favoritism or bias, I am simply adding my thoughts with the information we have at hand.

For the record though, I think AD is the superior player.

So we've potentially improved our spine by brining in Api and Moses..... then improved our pack by brining in Papalili, Klemmer and Bateman???

The combination of the creativity in the spine with arguably the most creative 9 in the game and the most creative 7 in the game - with the attacking flair Sheens and Marshall will want to play will help Brooks and Laurie's game.... personally think AD will go another level next year which will be interesting

Would be crazy if we made an offer
to RTS 2 play fullback for 2 years before Bula was ready. A spine of Api, Moses & RTS would be nuts. Bit of fantasy coach

I still think Moses stays at the Eels, to me we and to a lesser extent the dogs are just pawns to get his deal up at Parra. The lure of playing with Brooks again is a myth imo, just my gut feeling nothing more.

I don't think my post one way or another showed any favoritism or bias, I am simply adding my thoughts with the information we have at hand.

My apologies, I wasn't implying that
you were in particular, was just
speaking generally when Doueihis
name was brought up. I can't find
any articles claiming that he was
wanted $900,000 after searching.
It was mentioned on here several
times on here though. Around the
time he said he was happy to play
halves in reggies to prove himself

Adam should excel under the Sheens game plan, I’m looking forward to him breaking the line & seeing him at his best. Expecting a big year from him. He is alot better than 22 season but so are some other players.

If Mitch signs I do expect Luke to be extended it’s just the obvious move but would love it if the club held off and allowed Adam & Luke to battle it out for a good 8 rounds then snap into decision mode.

Adam shouldn’t really be 2nd option he should be viewed level at least with Brooks roster wise as things stand atm.

Latest posts

Members online

Back