Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’m afraid the news on Thursday won’t put a smile on WT supporters dial… my info as of tonight is he will officially tell Sheens he is staying at Parra…
Honestly...I have followed the Tigers 40 plus years and we have never landed a marquee player who had options.

Aside from Poms and players unwanted at their clubs, we have literally never landed one...often wasting months chasing someone.

Policy needs to be changed to "here is our offer...with a timeframe".

People in posts above laughing at Gus dropping out to sign a kid....that kid is the Aus schoolboys seven AND captain...he will be a gun.

You grab players when you can...and should never wait months like we did for LM, JAC, Moses etc etc.

We always sit waiting for the phone to ring...

Honestly...I have followed the Tigers 40 plus years and we have never landed a marquee player who had options.

Aside from Poms and players unwanted at their clubs, we have literally never landed one...often wasting months chasing someone.

People in posts above laughing at Gus dropping out to sign a kid....that kid is the Aus schoolboys seven AND captain...he will be a gun.

You grab players when you can...and should never wait months like we did for LM, JAC, Moses etc etc.

That is the game. You gotta give it a shot. Api, Klemmer, IP and Bateman are a pretty good group of signings.

I think Gus going out he obviously felt or knew something.

I’m not gonna knock the club too much but just shows that when Lee says “we’ve shown interest” and he thinks we’re still an option when the ship has sailed is another example he can’t read the room.

Hopefully we didn’t move on Hastings with the thought moses was a sure thing.

I won't be to worried if he stays at the Eels. He's what we need for 2024. By 2026 he's not what we need. Him taking up 1.4 mill is a big chunk of the cap.

The kid hasn't played first grade yet. Heard plenty of guns but most fizzle out in the first two years. See what happens.

Just had dinner with my accountant whose son is in the Parra full time squad. He told me that Mitch told the boys on a night out over the weekend that he was staying at the Eels. Take that how you want.

Also though Mitch tonight put up a story on instagram that Penisi resigned … why would he do that if in two days he’s going to ditch the Eels?

Anyway hope he comes but those two things are not great signs

@THE_POM … any thoughts on this? You think Thursday is turning into a thanks but no thanks face to face to be decent to sheens and benji?
Maybe he is staying….,for a year

I'm cool with it. I think he is exactly what we need but it's big money on the cap and Moses can be inconsistent.

Still looking forward to next season.
Spot on. Thinking the same. Hel get us in the 8 but can't see us challenging even with him here.

It's alright if he plays dumb. I think Sheen's has told him that he and Benji will take care of the recruitment in a need to know case by case.

He just is dumb!!!

He owns a compensation law firm - but threatened to take legal action against the NRL to reverse the Cowboys result without having any clue about the LAW relating to any such claim!!

He then PAID BIG CLUB $$$$$$ for a PROPER LAWYER to tell him there was NO CASE!!

That is the game. You gotta give it a shot. Api, Klemmer, IP and Bateman are a pretty good group of signings.
Bateman is 29...coming off two major injuries and two down seasons...

He will be in his 30s and on 750 plus. It is really debatable if he is a good signing to be honest. It looks more like Isaac Moses played us by getting him the deal with the inference it would lead to Mitchell being keener...

I won't be to worried if he stays at the Eels. He's what we need for 2024. By 2026 he's not what we need. Him taking up 1.4 mill is a big chunk of the cap.

The kid hasn't played first grade yet. Heard plenty of guns but most fizzle out in the first two years. See what happens.
Many do fizzle out...not often a captain and half combo though.

He is a leader and a lot of good judges rate him very highly.

Regardless...Gus moved when he had the chance.

Given his age...he would have fit our timeframe very well as been ready same time as our kids.

I think Gus going out he obviously felt or knew something.

I’m not gonna knock the club too much but just shows that when Lee says “we’ve shown interest” and he thinks we’re still an option when the ship has sailed is another example he can’t read the room.

Hopefully we didn’t move on Hastings with the thought moses was a sure thing.
That is my concern...

Hastings was suddenly made to look like a misfit and not needed...

Brooks has suddenly been hyped like when he debuted....like suddenly it is all going to click.

Hopefully it does.....but a long, long, history suggests it won't.

We had a chance to send Luke to the Knights and build around Jacko and a strong pack. I.e. an actual game manager and a strong pack...geez, that combo only equates to winning at almost every club.

But we have gone back to Brooks...with the strong inference being because of the chance to pair him with Moses.

I hope Luke makes me look foolish...but we have all seen this movie before. Brooks leading the team and no halves at all on the market for two more seasons now.

Bateman is 29...coming off two major injuries and two down seasons...

He will be in his 30s and on 750 plus. It is really debatable if he is a good signing to be honest.

I agree with this. The Bateman signing is to me a very risky signing. I think Moses on the money we've offered is also a risky signing.

It looks more like Isaac Moses played us by getting him the deal with the inference it would lead to Mitchell being keener...

Only a fool would believe this. I don't think Sheens is a fool.

But we have gone back to Brooks...with the strong inference being because of the chance to pair him with Moses.

By who ? No offense but @pawsandclaws1 and @Jedi_Tiger stating this doesn't make it true. I cannot see a professional sporting organization thinking like this.

I'm pretty confident that Hastings for whatever reason wasn't rated by the incoming coaching staff or better put Brooks has been rated a bit higher. That doesn't mean they've made the right decision but we get to find out over next season and maybe beyond that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back