Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Wouldn’t go to Albo for anything the bloke is a drop kick . The only thing he could fix would be a climate change question , it’s the only thing he cares about .
BUT wait maybe that’s why Bateman can’t get a visa , ALBO doesn’t want him flying here on a jet , which gives off climate change co2 🙄🤔🥴
But all the Sammi B does is convert oxygen into CO2 ......
My apologies, I wasn't implying that
you were in particular, was just
speaking generally when Doueihis
name was brought up. I can't find
any articles claiming that he was
wanted $900,000 after searching.
It was mentioned on here several
times on here though. Around the
time he said he was happy to play
halves in reggies to prove himself
Who doesn't like him K

Bateman is 29...coming off two major injuries and two down seasons...

He will be in his 30s and on 750 plus. It is really debatable if he is a good signing to be honest. It looks more like Isaac Moses played us by getting him the deal with the inference it would lead to Mitchell being keener...

I’m not a fan of Bateman coming hope he puts egg on my face.

By who ? No offense but @pawsandclaws1 and @Jedi_Tiger stating this doesn't make it true. I cannot see a professional sporting organization thinking like this.

I'm pretty confident that Hastings for whatever reason wasn't rated by the incoming coaching staff or better put Brooks has been rated a big higher. That doesn't mean they've made the right decision but we get to find out over next season and maybe beyond that.
I think common sense dictates it...

Brooks empirical record = years and years of not being able to lead a team.

He can run and his best mate is a controlling 7...who also is close with Benji.

There is not much logical in any other "well, let's build around Luke for another year..." other than "well, if we could put Luke at 6 and give him Mitchell, and get them to play up paced Benji style....................maybe that works'.

There is no other reason to have kept him and for Sheens to be singing his praises.

Well, other than Sheeens has not watched any NRL for 5 years and still thinks Brooks has potential...

Noting that Sheens not having watched much is entirely possible

I’m not a fan of Bateman coming hope he puts egg on my face.
I am a fan...and I hope he slays it...

But he is 29...two major ops...and two mediocre seasons in a much, much weaker league...

A four year deal based on his 2021/22 form is a massive risk...he may well never be the bloke from Canberra again.

And we have him for four years / 3 million.

I think common sense dictates it...

Honestly I think common sense dictates the complete opposite opinion. If you are right Sheens should be sacked now. I just can't see any decent football manager thinking the way you are stating.

Your opinions on Brooks are fine. I don't want to debate that issue again.

I just cannot believe Sheens, Benji etc are that incompetent.

I can't see myself getting played like that and I'm incompetent. I'd think you'd have to be one of the dumbest people in existence to really purchase Bateman or keep Brooks because that means we get Moses.

Honestly I think common sense dictates the complete opposite opinion. If you are right Sheens should be sacked now. I just can't see any decent football manager thinking the way you are stating.

Your opinions on Brooks are fine. I don't want to debate that issue again.

I just cannot believe Sheens, Benji etc are that incompetent.

I can't see myself getting played like that and I'm incompetent. I'd think you'd have to be one of the dumbest people in existence to really purchase Bateman or keep Brooks because that means we get Moses.
Respectfully...Managers do these deals all the time.

Sign him...more might come...

The Lakers have something like 7 "Klutch" clients on their roster...under Madge we made around 8 signings from Ayoub...

It happens in all sports.

I like Bateman...but no one in the world was offering him four years. Even Wigan fans wanted to see if he had much left before a 2 year extension...

There was literally not a club on the planet bidding 4 years for Bateman.

So, why four years?

Because clubs do that to sweeten their relations with player managers. All sports. All the time.

I’m afraid the news on Thursday won’t put a smile on WT supporters dial… my info as of tonight is he will officially tell Sheens he is staying at Parra…
Can't say I'm not a little devastated by the news. For all the ill feelings I still have towards Mitch he would have instantly elevated our side into a genuine contender. Oh well onto the next one...

IMHO if Moses signs, AD's manager should start to look at him as a centre. Protected defensively and a great runner of the ball.

I'm pretty confident that Hastings for whatever reason wasn't rated by the incoming coaching staff or better put Brooks has been rated a big higher. That doesn't mean they've made the right decision but we get to find out over next season and maybe beyond that.

I disagree with that.
Brooks’s history and the years of evidence would have had to go into any decision-making process. Therefore, regardless of if he were to have a transformative 2023, it would still always have to be considered a bad decision for this moment in time.

I disagree with that.

I understand that is the way you see it but they see the situation differently. We just have to wait and see if they got it right or wrong and if so how good or bad a decision it is.

Because clubs do that to sweeten their relations with player managers. All sports. All the time.

Maybe but I think only an incompetent team manager would fall for that unless there was something corrupt going on like kickbacks.

It actually says absolutely nothing, other than Moses is mates with Pensini. Players from clubs all over the league congratulate their mates whenever they get a new contract, rep jumper etc. Doesn't matter if they're at different clubs, they still cheer on their mates regardless.

I’m afraid the news on Thursday won’t put a smile on WT supporters dial… my info as of tonight is he will officially tell Sheens he is staying at Parra…
It does seem that the club still doesn't understand how to get deals done for elite players.
Just because we met conditions that he asked for in order to consider playing for us doesn't mean we should be confident of his intentions. At least 3 clubs met those conditions!
If he doesn't sign it means our rebuild will take a couple of years longer. Signing an unproven kid who will take 2-3 years to settle into the NRL to eventually partner or be replaced by our youngster. We won't make the 8 until we have a decent halfback.

Reactions: 851
I joined at 39, if I could have my time again I would have been killing myself to get in straight out of school. A young male / female working in traincrew in heavy rail as in the kind we are discussing can create a fantastic future with great perks. In saying that it comes with a caveat. The money is awesome. But it does come at a cost, you have no life, the shift work isn't shift work per se as there isn't any consistency only that you will start on an am shift or a pm shift the start times vary like crazy from day to day. Friends tend to leave because we just don't have the time to hang out, we're always on the go, days off aren't consistent one week you will have a weekend off then the next wed and Thurs. If the young guy doesn't mind the grind of working he can do very well for himself. It is super competitive because the money is so good, but again there is a down side. If it's not an issue for him tell him to have a crack if he needs any advice just pm me and I'll be more than happy to try to help him.
Thank you very much for your response alot of information I will show him your reply it actually sounds like a great job for him Knowing his personality

Thank you very much for your response alot of information I will show him your reply it actually sounds like a great job for him Knowing his personality
No prob, like I said pm me if he applies and I'll try and provide some info about what they look for in terms of potential candidates.

Reactions: 851
I joined at 39, if I could have my time again I would have been killing myself to get in straight out of school. A young male / female working in traincrew in heavy rail as in the kind we are discussing can create a fantastic future with great perks. In saying that it comes with a caveat. The money is awesome. But it does come at a cost, you have no life, the shift work isn't shift work per se as there isn't any consistency only that you will start on an am shift or a pm shift the start times vary like crazy from day to day. Friends tend to leave because we just don't have the time to hang out, we're always on the go, days off aren't consistent one week you will have a weekend off then the next wed and Thurs. If the young guy doesn't mind the grind of working he can do very well for himself. It is super competitive because the money is so good, but again there is a down side. If it's not an issue for him tell him to have a crack if he needs any advice just pm me and I'll be more than happy to try to help him.
I worked there in my 20s - sounds like nothings changed re work hours and rostering - mandatory O/T - I regularly had to do 13 day fortnights, with some shifts being 12 hours and an 8 hour turn around.
Was good money but as liltiger says -no personal life. Just about everyone I worked with was divorced.

Back