Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Let be very clear.

There is zero club discussion around player trading.

The Click Baiter's are everywhere

What makes you say that? Player trading happens every so often when it's mutually beneficial, and we have been the most proactive club out there when it comes to swaps.
I think a player swap is very much on the cards here

Origin Dates & Impact

Looking ahead to origin, here is some analysis on its impact to us. Origin is three Wednesday nights this year. Provided it follows the same pattern of all players selected in the origin squads being forced not to play the immediate round before each game, below is the likely impact for us.
Personally I think we’ve done pretty well here as we play Canberra most likely without their origin players two days after origin 1 in Campbelltown, we play the Storm in Campbelltown definitely without their origin players just before game 2, and Newcastle likely missing their origin players two days after game 3 as well. Please note this isn’t meant to be a debate about who makes the origin team, it’s realistic, and I’ve put question marks on the unlikely but possible selections.

Game 1: Wed May 31

BEFORE: Bye weekend - no impact

AFTER: Play Canberra at Campbelltown Fri June 2 (2 days later)
No Koroisau - Tigers
No Wighton, Papali’i - Canberra

Game 2: Wed June 21

BEFORE: Play Storm at Campbelltown Sat 17 June
No Koroisau - Tigers
No Munster, Coates, Grant, Welch - Storm

AFTER: Bye weekend - no impact

Game 3: Wed July 12

BEFORE: Play Sharks at Commbank Thurs 6 July
No Koroisau - Tigers
No Hynes? - Sharks

AFTER: Play Knights at Newcastle Fri 14 July (2 days later)
No Koroisau - Tigers
No Ponga, Gagai, D/J Saifiti? - Knights
Don’t most players play the weekend after SOO?

Sounds like a guy that is waiting for the I's to be dotted and the T's crossed but unsure which club that will be. Fingers crossed it's us
Gee, you guys just don't get it.
Tom Brbyb clearly told us that Mitch was staying.
Then he told us that he told us so.
Then he gloated about telling us.
Like John Laws says in the Valvoline ads . . . . He knows.
Stop dreaming. It's over.

It's a matter of loyalty versus finances for Moses, with the 28 year-old playing his first grand final for the Eels last season, however the Tigers deal is reported to be worth as much as $1.4 million per season, which would make him the game's highest-paid player.

While Luke Brooks has been trying to recruit the halfback home, Moses says he's still undecided, but has circled March 2nd on his calendar as his contract deadline.

“I would like it done before the start of the year,” Moses told NCA NewsWire.

“I've left everything up to my manager so all my focus has been on the new season. I've got full trust in him that he can do what he thinks is best to make sure I can play my best footy.

“I told him to do all the talking and look after all the meetings, and when he's ready, he can let me know.

“I think I've handled this situation a lot better than what I have in the past. I'm fully focused on Parramatta and coming to training where I can rip in with the boys.

“Hopefully, everything else sorts itself out before the new year.”

Likely Moses' final big money contract, the halfback has an option in his deal to remain at the Eels for 2024, however it's believed the former Tiger wants to sort a new deal instead

Halves partner Dylan Brown recently re-signed with the club until at least 2025, with an option to extend through to 2031, and hopes his scrum base partner remains at the club beyond this season.

“I don't really have a pitch for him, but my main focus is to play good footy which will allow him to play good footy. We all owe it to him because he's done so much for us as a team,” Brown said to NCA NewsWire.

“I feel like if we continue to play the way that we have been playing then he won't want to leave – whether that's for money or any other reason. He loves Parra and we want him to stay.”

Reactions: 851

Staff online

Back