Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Long-time lurker first-time poster.

I don't normally get goss but I got some juice I thought I'd share.

kitione kautoga won't be at the club in 2024 and if he gets his way he'll be out the door this year. Hope I'm wrong because I rate this kid big time.

Eels made another offer for Moses but it's still less than ours. Everything the Pom mentioned is 100% spot on. The club is confident and his manager and brother are pushing for him to take the Tigers offer.

Two kids you'll be hearing more of over the years are Michael Nassar and Lachlan Galvin. The club has big wraps on both players.

So back to players dictating the terms? sweet, we know how this ends.

2024 headline: Benji looses the changing rooms.

I don’t agree with it either, we don’t need to as well. But doesn’t mean Moses can’t ask for it. I get why he would ask as well. We also are in abit of a bind with minimal leverage.

What are our options though?

We say no, Brooks performs and we extend him later in the year costing us Moses

We say no, Brooks moves on, we miss out on Moses and left with a lottery pickup

We say yes only if it means Moses comes

Keep in mind AD might not stick around as well which is clear from the way things are playing out he isn’t viewed longterm in the halves either.

We don’t have much leverage here unless we want to just rebuild fully with young halves as the market is very dry.

The club probably want to ship Seyfarth but from all the footage and images of the pre season he looks to be standing outside of Klemmer looking to link up. He may have a role this season. Can see him improving with better players around him. 2nd phase yardage guy.

What's more he is a loose unit and plays with heart.
Seyfarth has the attitude but he lacks the physicality. Here's hoping the S&C team have somehow performed a miracle on his body.

kitione kautoga won't be at the club in 2024 and if he gets his way he'll be out the door this year. Hope I'm wrong because I rate this kid big time.

Eels made another offer for Moses but it's still less than ours. Everything the Pom mentioned is 100% spot on. The club is confident and his manager and brother are pushing for him to take the Tigers offer.

Two kids you'll be hearing more of over the years are Michael Nassar and Lachlan Galvin. The club has big wraps on both players.
Welcome aboard .. BinChicken .. love the nic bro .. 👍 👍

interesting that Kautoga is heading for the exits, but not entirely surprised when he has Papali'i, Bateman and Blore ahead of him long term. seems as if the club rates Tumeth higher as well given Kiti is nowhere to be seen in this weeks team list.

Nassar is Balmain's HM fullback isn't he? another one to add to the list if you include Bula, Laulili'i, Karnib and Kanaan. nice to have a plethora of good young 1's coming through. Galvin is a superstar in the making.

I get it however Brooks would probably be the main reason Moses would come.

If it was just about cash he would’ve signed by now.

It’s either going to be Brooks/Moses for next few years or we will be watching Moses run out for the Eels and we move into lottery territory of who knows for us.

Yeah just seems like one rule for one and one for another.

I guess we can't afford to lose both Brooks and Doueihi so one will have to be locked up to partner with Moses. As long as it's not for big overs I guess.

Re ; Fittler as SOO coach. Des Hasler would be perfect for the job,he knows how to get the side up for games. But the inner circle, is still powerful , just like when Arko, and Bullfrog pulled the strings. And it's now become a -- It's a who you know job!

We say no, Brooks moves on, we miss out on Moses and left with a lottery pickup

We say yes only if it means Moses comes

Keep in mind AD might not stick around as well which is clear from the way things are playing out he isn’t viewed longterm in the halves either.

We don’t have much leverage here unless we want to just rebuild fully with young halves as the market is very dry.

Don’t get me wrong, would love Moses to join but if a truck load of cash, some really key signings and a road map to success that hopefully the management gave him while touring the brand new facilities is not enough then the club should move on. Having a player dictate roster positions is a road that ends in tears.

Also, I don’t think the club is in that poor of a position with regards to negotiations. He’s not coming from Melb/Roosters/Penrith. It’s parra. They have lost a few players, coach is under pressure and after a few losses will be under fire again. I reckon parra are ready to fall and Moses can cash out after getting them to a GF with a payday that would put him at the very top of what a NRL player can earn to a club that on paper looks on the up.

Brooks being punted shouldn’t even be discussed. If they agree to that then they are brain dead shitbirds.

I'm really keen on watching these new guys on their first run out .. Scolari .. Reilly .. Wakeham .. James .. Tumeth .. Matamua .. Bula .. Hill .. Peni .. Feledy. Especially Reilly at 5/8 .. good luck lads, you're wearing the mighty Tigers jersey do us proud .. !! First game on TV tomorrow night .. waahoo .. bring it on. Stef for Capt .. ??

Are the extra's getting to play as well .. like Chris Fa'agutu and Zane Camroux .. ??
Yep, all 24 players in the squad can play and it’s unlimited interchange.

Just read that AD has been offered a 1 year extension. Is this just fluff or is there something to it?

The club probably want to ship Seyfarth but from all the footage and images of the pre season he looks to be standing outside of Klemmer looking to link up. He may have a role this season. Can see him improving with better players around him. 2nd phase yardage guy.

What's more he is a loose unit and plays with heart.
No use playing with heart if u can’t get over the game line , or nail there forwards before they get over the game line , he will regret not going to the warriors, i quess

if Brooks and Moses didn't have the same manager then it wouldn't be a discussion fact is same manager and Isaac wants both players sorted. Isaac holds the power here if we dont sign Brooks Moses will remain an Eel.
So he'll torpedo his client (also his nephew,) getting an extra $300K a season over 4 years (of which he would get his pound of flesh in commission,) because another client doesn't get a deal at the same time.

What's caused the kautoga situation?

So he'll torpedo his client (also his nephew,) getting an extra $300K a season over 4 years (of which he would get his pound of flesh in commission,) because another client doesn't get a deal at the same time.
plus he gets Brooks sorted and commision with that too. They likely want to play in same team together too so a win win.

Back