Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

interesting that Kautoga is heading for the exits, but not entirely surprised when he has Papali'i, Bateman and Blore ahead of him long term. seems as if the club rates Tumeth higher as well given Kiti is nowhere to be seen in this weeks team list.

Nassar is Balmain's HM fullback isn't he? another one to add to the list if you include Bula, Laulili'i, Karnib and Kanaan. nice to have a plethora of good young 1's coming through. Galvin is a superstar in the making.
How old is Galvin?

What position does he play

plus he gets Brooks sorted and commision with that too. They likely want to play in same team together too so a win win.
think if they didn't have the same manager then tigers could tell Isaac to get stuffed if he wanted to sign Brooks etc but fact is same manager Isaac holds plenty of aces.

I think Sheens would be smart enough to say to Isaac ok if we sign Brooks and we get Moses can we restructure this Brooks deal a bit to free up some space for other years. Highly doubt it would be any more than 24,25,26 for brooks

interesting that Kautoga is heading for the exits, but not entirely surprised when he has Papali'i, Bateman and Blore ahead of him long term. seems as if the club rates Tumeth higher as well given Kiti is nowhere to be seen in this weeks team list.

Nassar is Balmain's HM fullback isn't he? another one to add to the list if you include Bula, Laulili'i, Karnib and Kanaan. nice to have a plethora of good young 1's coming through. Galvin is a superstar in the making.
Yeah, Nassar is fullback for Balmains HM.

I'm pretty keen to watch WS Sg Ball this year to check out Galvin.

Long-time lurker first-time poster.

I don't normally get goss but I got some juice I thought I'd share.

kitione kautoga won't be at the club in 2024 and if he gets his way he'll be out the door this year. Hope I'm wrong because I rate this kid big time.

Eels made another offer for Moses but it's still less than ours. Everything the Pom mentioned is 100% spot on. The club is confident and his manager and brother are pushing for him to take the Tigers offer.

Two kids you'll be hearing more of over the years are Michael Nassar and Lachlan Galvin. The club has big wraps on both players.
Kautoga is a development player, he's been injured so much over the past few years but he's said he wants to repay the clubs faith in him. Ultimately it will come down to opportunity. Previously we had crap backrowers so he had a decent chance of more gametime. Now he has to earn his spot in the top 17, competing with the likes of Ice, Blore and Bateman.
I think he needs to just keep working on his game and fitness before he looks at any new contracts. His current value is low, a standout season in nsw cup and his value doubles. The club rates him and he loves the club. He may be upset with big name players on long term deals but he should still get a crack throughout the year if he performs well enough.

What's caused the kautoga situation?
Not exactly sure but I believe he's signed with the Dogs for 2024 and is agitating for an early release. Not rocking up to training and playing the mental health card.

The club has bent over backwards to help him but it looks line he has one eye on the door.

Not exactly sure but I believe he's signed with the Dogs for 2024 and is agitating for an early release. Not rocking up to training and playing the mental health card.

The club has bent over backwards to help him but it looks line he has one eye on the door.

Have they mishandled, or just handled?

They have Dylan Brown and Jakob Arthur. Brad Arthur wants his son at Halfback, Eels are looking at Nathan Cleary going "wow we have one half up an coming in Arthur"...

In fact I reckon were reading the whole situation wrong. Moses knows the writing is on the wall, he has been a money whinger and Brad Arthur ain't keeping him over his son. Parra probably regret offloading Mahoney, although this makes sense now as they want an experienced hooker to give a good start to their halves.

Could the Tigers be getting pumped? Was Moses always on the Chopping block at the eels? if not 2023 then 2024 or 25?
I was told last year that Moses was being low-balled by Parra and Dylan Brown was their key re-signing. They have two outstanding juniors in Ethan Sanders and Josh Lynn that they need to, and are preparing to, keep long term. I understand the offers from Parra and the Dogs were well under $1m. WT may have upped the anti since but I don't think it's anywhere near the $1.4 being thrown about.
Aside from all that, the flavour of the month after the world cup was Jack Welsby with offers from just about everyone, WT, Dogs and Eels included. St Helens made it clear he wasn't going anywhere with a massive pay rise and transfer fee on top. Welsby was the most in demand player after the WC.
Parra are acutely aware if they keep Moses, they lose either or both juniors. I'm sure WT are making it known if they don't get Moses, they'll target the juniors anyway so Moses value is somewhat undermined by those two juniors.

So he'll torpedo his client (also his nephew,) getting an extra $300K a season over 4 years (of which he would get his pound of flesh in commission,) because another client doesn't get a deal at the same time.
Exactly.

Some people really have no clue.

How old is Galvin?

What position does he play

Magpies Harold Matthews winners (L to R) Will Craig, Jeremiah Leatigaga, Tallyn Da Silva, Heath Mason and Lachlan Galvin pictured. Picture: Sam Ruttyn

Magpies Harold Matthews winners (L to R) Will Craig, Jeremiah Leatigaga, Tallyn Da Silva, Heath Mason and Lachlan Galvin pictured. Picture: Sam Ruttyn

Long-time lurker first-time poster.

I don't normally get goss but I got some juice I thought I'd share.

kitione kautoga won't be at the club in 2024 and if he gets his way he'll be out the door this year. Hope I'm wrong because I rate this kid big time.

Eels made another offer for Moses but it's still less than ours. Everything the Pom mentioned is 100% spot on. The club is confident and his manager and brother are pushing for him to take the Tigers offer.

Two kids you'll be hearing more of over the years are Michael Nassar and Lachlan Galvin. The club has big wraps on both players.
Solid first hit-up…

Pretty sure he did play in the NSW Cup trial mate.

I heard he played in the second half.
I missed the last 25mins so that explains it.
He was definitely meant to be on the plane to NZ for this Thursdays trial but was left home for disciplinary reasons.

So he'll torpedo his client (also his nephew,) getting an extra $300K a season over 4 years (of which he would get his pound of flesh in commission,) because another client doesn't get a deal at the same time.
What I am 100% sure about is that the deal made will be the best deal for Mitchell Moses. With Mitchell's interest first and foremost, except any wish or desire for him to play with Brooks. It would not surprise me if we could knock of 400k of Brooks contract if we offered to give half as much to Moses.

He has a bit of a Munster vibe to him

Kautoga is a development player, he's been injured so much over the past few years but he's said he wants to repay the clubs faith in him. Ultimately it will come down to opportunity. Previously we had crap backrowers so he had a decent chance of more gametime. Now he has to earn his spot in the top 17, competing with the likes of Ice, Blore and Bateman.
I think he needs to just keep working on his game and fitness before he looks at any new contracts. His current value is low, a standout season in nsw cup and his value doubles. The club rates him and he loves the club. He may be upset with big name players on long term deals but he should still get a crack throughout the year if he performs well enough.
Yes I get that, but Bateman I’d injury prone as well as BLORE! Plus two spots on the bench. He still got a good chance of earning a spot. I like him, he’s just what we need, dynamic ball player. Surprised he’s not playing tomorrow, might be a bad sign.

Back