Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tigers should make a play for Manly's Kaeo Weekes.

Kid has speed.

Can cover most backline positions.

Seen glimpses of him during todays game and what I've seen is impressive.

Comes on scores a try - good effort.
Sorry Keao Weekes just did the dumbest play I've seen in a while a blatant strip on the last tackle !!!!

I like how the Storm do it compared to Roosters who simply get uncle Nick Politis to attract the hottest properties eg Brandon " the cheese " Smith . I think the SE Qld feeder teams are also a great source for the Storm . I think we should raid some of these Qld cup guys also
I'm not sure there is really a huge difference between how Storm and Roosters do things. For every example of Roosters signing a big name, there are just as many of them recruiting young guns and bringing them through their pathway systems. Manu, Walker, Butchers current examples. Previously Latrell and RTS. Next it will be Siua Wong and Robert Toia. They also have their share of players that were cut by other clubs. Paulo, Tupou, Hutchison, Allen immediately spring to mind.

It is not as though we are not looking at Qld based players. Simpkin, Bula the current obvious examples.

But as things stand, why would a young player prioritise the Tiger's over another club?

Was he good? I didn’t see the game. With that knights squad it’s pretty impressive to tie with manly.
He was good but not great...he does have his limitations ,particularly as a running 7,but hes so far ahead of Brooks in our key areas of need that its not even a conversation
Barring a miracle,,retaining Brooks over Hastings will ultimately be the decision that sinks Sheens and maybe Benji with him..unless they pick up a superstar out of UK to compensate

He was good but not great...he does have his limitations ,particularly as a running 7,but hes so far ahead of Brooks in our key areas of need that its not even a conversation
Barring a miracle,,retaining Brooks over Hastings will ultimately be the decision that sinks Sheens and maybe Benji with him..unless they pick up a superstar out of UK to compensate

He was good.

I know super coach isn't necessary a guide, but if a halfback scores 100 super coach points he has been influential.

Reactions: 851
Hey Dolphins have lost their first pick no 7 O'Sullivan' and now their second pick no 7 Milford done a hammy ! Maybe they could take Brooks off our hands
a friend in need is a friend indeed…

Players I think could boost our squad:

Blake Taaffe- probably as a 5/8. I see him similar in style to Luke Keary, and is behind players at Souths that will always restrict his ability to play First grade in Mitchell, Ilias & Walker.

Paul Momerovski- hear me out. He's defensively solid, makes few mistakes & comes through many good systems- Roosters, Panthers, Storm. He's 38th in the pecking order at the Roosters, but he instantly tidies up our defensive woes out wide. Not flashy. He's Shane Elford. It's Campbell Graham lite. Pushes either Talau if he doesn't recapture his potential or Naden who is a good attacker, but very average defender.

Mawene Hiroti- On the outside looking in at the Sharks. Very capable player in both attack & defence out wide.

Jayden Okunbor- Another on the outside looking in. Last year of his contract- a bigger winger to put opposite Taupo on the other side.
I really lament us offloading Paul Momo. He seemed exactly who we needed in the centres. We kept James Roberts and BJ Leulia, I could honestly see Paul still being in our team.

We punted Paul, we won't be getting him back. We shouldn't get him back unless he seriously reaches out to us. IMHO we burned that bridge and that's one I blame Madge.

Totally agreed though. We need defensive backs. Naden was an upgrade on defence when we brought him and in most teams he would be a weaker defender.

He was good.

I know super coach isn't necessary a guide, but if a halfback scores 100 super coach points he has been influential.
ok..ok..I maybe sold him a little short cause Im still lamenting the fact that hes no longer with us
He has the footy smarts to influence in a positive way almost everything the Knights do..exactly what we desperately need
Shame our coaching staff couldnt see that

Latest posts

Back