Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Can't see the Dogs letting him go, they love the guy as much as Kiraz and I think he has finally cemented his spot at centre.

Would be a great aquisition if we could get him, excellent in the centres and very good fullback back up player as you have mentioned.
Depends on how much we offer him compared to what the dogs have got spare to offer

Simple we need a right centre, Kepaoa or To'a could do the job but Kepaoa as a utility off the bench is something we have been lacking. To'a as a back up backline player.

If we don't resign Staines then Averillo provides depth at FB & #6.

Got a lot going for him, our sell is a locked in staring spot. Not a big move geographically & good cash!!!

Personally $2M over 4 years. Player Option on the 4th. $450K in 24 & 25. $550K in 26 & 27. If he kills it & wants more he can do a Wighton in 27 & look for more.

That's very funny about the pub team Twentyforty but, also a sad indictment on the shambolic state of the team in the early rounds. The team is definitely beginning to show signs of life but there is still a long way to go regarding getting the attacking structures right. As I keep harping, how much of this is coaching and how much of this is the incompetence of the halves and their inability to carry out team instructions? One thing is for sure, I can't see Brooks ever becoming a consistently effective first grade half back and he's been given so many chances.
Agree still a long way to go.
Disagree with your view of Brooks’ talent, or ability to consistently deliver as a first grade 7.
There’s a lot of moving parts other than what we see on field. Last year Brooks had to call out a leaker.
I suspect it was a board member. Possibly the same person who dropped Brooks then leaked it to Buzz. This insight into the club’s behaviour should have been included in the Wild Wests Documentary, it would have hit Netflix as a saleable drama comedy.
My point is, there are a lot of distractions and demotivational behaviours.
If you recall, Brooks wanted to go but the club wouldn’t let him.

Can't see the Dogs letting him go, they love the guy as much as Kiraz and I think he has finally cemented his spot at centre.

Would be a great aquisition if we could get him, excellent in the centres and very good fullback back up player as you have mentioned.
With Xerri and Chrichton coming next year for the dogs, I get the feeling either Kiraz or Averillo will go

They like Kiraz on the wing.

Critta to fullback.

Averillo is surplus I'd say 😆
Jake would be a fair way up the list...
The likes of Casey, Okunbor, Hoffman etc. Will be the first to go...

Jake would be a fair way up the list...
The likes of Casey, Okunbor, Hoffman etc. Will be the first to go...
Not sure how Okonbor is still getting named... he's literally woeful.

But yeah, that's likely.
They'd all be cheapies though compared to Avo.

I think he's there for the taking if a club was interested.

Not sure how Okonbor is still getting named... he's literally woeful.

But yeah, that's likely.
They'd all be cheapies though compared to Avo.

I think he's there for the taking if a club was interested.

Yeah... I'd think so as well.

Don't know what you do with him though, Handy utility
- But he came through as a Centre, I'm not sold on him there size wise...
He's literally never played as well as he did last week.
Not been mentioned here much

I really like him as a player, But he's just one of those blokes that hasn't put his stamp on any spot full time.
But would get you through about anywhere...
Reckon we have that in Star To'a Already...

I'd be hunting for a substantial upgrade, Not more of the same....
That said, I really like Avarillo and hanging on him to really come on.
Dogs fans will burn the joint down if they let him go for imports though.

Yeah... I'd think so as well.

Don't know what you do with him though, Handy utility
- But he came through as a Centre, I'm not sold on him there size wise...
He's literally never played as well as he did last week.
Not been mentioned here much

I really like him as a player, But he's just one of those blokes that hasn't put his stamp on any spot full time.
But would get you through about anywhere...
Reckon we have that in Star To'a Already...

I'd be hunting for a substantial upgrade, Not more of the same....
That said, I really like Avarillo and hanging on him to really come on.
Dogs fans will burn the joint down if they let him go for imports though.
Yeah, facts man.
Agree with all you said.

Last week he was electric.
But yeah, rarely seen.

I'm surprised they aren't trying him at #1 with how bad Perham has looked.

Yeah, facts man.
Agree with all you said.

Last week he was electric.
But yeah, rarely seen.

I'm surprised they aren't trying him at #1 with how bad Perham has looked.

Was waiting for them to do it for a while, Just didn't see him big or robust enough for the centres...
They have been playing him there over the last few years though, Hasn't really come on there either.

Shame, I really like him...
Hope he comes on...

Edit - They're a bit better team now than they were when he played fullback for them last year.
Couldn't be worse you wouldn't think?

Last edited:
Actually, that's exactly what we are.
No were heaps better than the last few years, our only problem is not having a half back who can convert our field position into points. The boardroom and Pasco though that's more group A level.

Reactions: 851
Agree still a long way to go.
Disagree with your view of Brooks’ talent, or ability to consistently deliver as a first grade 7.
There’s a lot of moving parts other than what we see on field. Last year Brooks had to call out a leaker.
I suspect it was a board member. Possibly the same person who dropped Brooks then leaked it to Buzz. This insight into the club’s behaviour should have been included in the Wild Wests Documentary, it would have hit Netflix as a saleable drama comedy.
My point is, there are a lot of distractions and demotivational behaviours.
If you recall, Brooks wanted to go but the club wouldn’t let him.
To be specific, I'm not necessarily questioning Brooks' talent, more his ability to execute on the first grade stage, and I don't think he should be persevered with any longer. He's had his chances and his improved kicking game in the last game doesn't change my perception. 'Distractions and demotivational behaviours' are yet another excuse. And, yes, the club should have let him go while they had the chance. I bet Sheen's thinks this too which is why he's investigating other alternatives.

Was waiting for them to do it for a while, Just didn't see him big or robust enough for the centres...
They have been playing him there over the last few years though, Hasn't really come on there either.

Shame, I really like him...
Hope he comes on...

Edit - They're a bit better team now than they were when he played fullback for them last year.
Couldn't be worse you wouldn't think?
From what I've seen,

Avo > Perham.

Last night was ugly tho.

We need to win games using guys who are here for the rebuild.
I am well aware that there isn’t much available on the market or within the club. That’s why I am resigned to the fact that Brooks will have to be re-signed and played at 6, whilst Wakeham is given time to show what he has got.
Bringing in Walker or anyone else for the remainder of the season, when they have zero intention of playing next year, will only delay any development we are engaged in.
No, we don't. That's absolutely absurd.
Anyone that helps us win games helps us sign new players for next season. If we only win one game all season it makes it almost impossible for us to recruit.

No, we don't. That's absolutely absurd.
Anyone that helps us win games helps us sign new players for next season. If we only win one game all season it makes it almost impossible for us to recruit.
Look, you are showing an immense amount of naivety and old fashioned mis comprehension as it applies to the situation we are in and how we got there.
You are wrong.

Why don't the tigers release Dane Laurie to the dogs in player swap .gould loves him.

Back