Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Didn't mind us taking a game to NZ after all the sacrifices the Warriors made over COVID to keep the NRL competition alive when sporting competitions all around the world came to a stop.

Fact of the matter is that we are just a nice club, probably too nice, too nice and too dumb for our own good when we actually need to be ruthless to be successful.

We were probably the only side to make some sort of concessions towards the Warriors in gratitude for what they did to keep the competition alive, and you can certainly argue that hat we did was probably to our detriment.

The way things look at the moment I see the release of Joe as a poor move at this point in time, where we strengthen an opposing club that are having injuries issues, especially when that club has done nothing in the past to assist us.

I should probably wait and see who we replace Joe with to make up the numbers and can only hope that it is a good signing in a position that strengthens us, but going on past experiences, I see this just as dumb as sacking a coach with no replacement lined up or releasing players mid season and throwing Noddy under the bus, basically ensuring we got the spoon.

As I have stated elsewhere, what other club does stuff as dumb as this and St.George come to mind with their coaching fiasco and it's probably no coincidence that they are last on the ladder along with us.
I can’t forget how they refused to let Utoikamanu go for a whole season and playing him off the bench with a token total of 11min over 3 games.

You're just not listening....

I said Staines won't sign here to play 2nd grade (Especially after achieving so much more than both current wingers and FB) as you accurately pointed out.
Then I mentioned Ngutlik - A second string Winger.
DING DING!!

The likes of Feledy are top grade next year - Hill will be back from an ACL, Saukuru is going well in 2nds...
These guys (And Ngutlik) Are back up Outside Backs - Staines is not.

I'd actually prefer Staines over Nofoaluma (Although Nofoaluma is going well atm)
But one is signed for another 2.5 years, On massive money - And one is not...
Jnr Tupou will also cost us big money to keep beyond Christmas.

If we can get Staines to play ressies for a couple hundred a year - I'm all for it!!
Why not, We'd all love to have premiership winning backup lined up for a fill in at firsts when required.
Unfortunately, blokes with those sort of miles in them - Don't wait around in ressies...

Especially at a bottom 8 club.
Jeez you must have been watching a different Charlie Staines to the rest of us. There was me thinking he was more or less the definition of a fringe first grader and it turns out he's the next Greg Inglis.

Jeez you must have been watching a different Charlie Staines to the rest of us. There was me thinking he was more or less the definition of a fringe first grader and it turns out he's the next Greg Inglis.
Hardly....
I'm not the one hoping to re-sign him!!
But I think there's more in him than the Marion Seves', Paul Momirovskis', Junior Paugas' of the comp...
Showed more in a few games than most of our outside backs have shown in years....
Says a little something about where we're at moreso than him.

He might be happy to play second fiddle at a comp winning club
- We're not that... And like I originally said - I couldn't see him staying here to be a backup.
(Hopefully someone reads it that time)

Da Silva ahead of everyone.

Left field idea bring him in for when api playing origin.

He’s only just started playing Flegg and hasn’t even played a game of Cup.

Beyond that, he can’t even play NRL this year - he isn’t old enough under the rules.

Under NRL rules you need to be 19 to play.

He’s only just started playing Flegg and hasn’t even played a game of Cup.

Beyond that, he can’t even play NRL this year - he isn’t old enough under the rules.

Under NRL rules you need to be 19 to play.
You have to be 18, not 19.

I agree though Da Silva probably isn’t ready for NRL yet.

I expect a debut sometime late in ‘24.

Yeah who? - i'm pretty sure we didn't pay anything for Moses and Matto when they left.

Campbell Graham, Waqa Blake are amongst a couple.
Penrith were paying chunks of their Salary for years after the Transfer.

possibly still paying for RCG..

You have to be 18, not 19.

I agree though Da Silva probably isn’t ready for NRL yet.

I expect a debut sometime late in ‘24.
My bad, for some reason I thought they could only debut the year they were turning 19.

Still think it would be a terrible debuting an 18 year old dummy half. Teams would send the middles at him all game. No way his body is ready to handle that yet.

Something must be brewing at Concord. Releasing Joe, reduced contract for Brooks (reportedly), offered Moses $1.4M that we still have... That's what they colloquially call a war chest.

And now that the board have stopped the leaks, we have no idea what the big move may be. I guess we just sit back and enjoy the ride.
And re-signing Doueihi who won’t play til late 2024. Imagine around $600k went his way…

Yep, would love to hear their justification on the re-signing followed by the release. Why the change of heart.

Not a shot at you, but it's as if nobody reads
anybody's posts anymore unless they're replying.
It's been said before on this thread & the Joe O
thread that the money he was re-signed for isn't
worth it with a fit Utoikamanu, an in form Twal
and with the new signings of Bateman & Klem
that we acquired after the extension. It's a good
move. Hindsight isn't a bad thing sometimes

Latest posts

Members online

Back