Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I wonder if the tigers/Fulton have been all over this for the past few weeks. And hence why they gave Blore permission to look elsewhere, knowing they were likely to get not just Latu, but his second row playing brother, Samuela, as well.
Hope so, we are in all sorts if we dont get him. Anyone got any inside goss “its a done deal”

If we can’t land this deal I give up. We have the cash, the roster spot(s), the opportunity, an existing connection with our roster manager, a brother already in the club, and (I understand) we are geographically close to the family home.
And the opportunity to be coached/mentored by the most creative & electric 5/8 this century!

If we sign Latu Fainu he may not play first grade until 2025. But I think we could all live with dud halves for another year given the future plan is locked in. Ideally, Hunt to mentor him for 3 years would be ideal. Silly me, we aren’t the roosters, that would be too good to be true.

It’s highly unlikely WT will get Ben Hunt despite some rumours stating it could happen.
With Manly allowing Latu Fainu permission to talk with other clubs, surely it puts us in the box seat due to the opportunity we could provide him to play regular NRL.
I’m not sure if Sione Fainu is up to it, but he appears to be NRL contracted to us for another season, so would be worth holding onto him if means we could also get Latu and Samuela Fainu who is the prototype big tall and athletic edge back rower that we need.
So without being able to sign any halves that are already NRL stars, it would be great to sign 4-5 halves who all have the potential to turn into NRL stars.
How good would it to have Braydon Trindall and Luke Metcalfe or Blake Taafe as our first choice halves, Latu Fainu as a number 14 who can play in the halves or be an interchange 9.
I also believe Zach Herring from the Dragons would be a great addition, he can play halfback, 5/8, hooker or 13 and has the potential to be an NRL regular, so could keep plenty of pressure on the ones in front of him.

If we sign Latu Fainu he may not play first grade until 2025. But I think we could all live with dud halves for another year given the future plan is locked in. Ideally, Hunt to mentor him for 3 years would be ideal. Silly me, we aren’t the roosters, that would be too good to be true.

Fainu will play NRL next year easily.

he will be ready to play first grade by the end of this year. he’s tearing up Cup already.

Has anyone watched this Latu Fainu kid play?

I haven’t

What’s the big wraps for?
Seriously this kid could be an era-changer for our club especially with the man management available to him by Sheens & Benji.

He recently played in City v Country U18s & I noticed he had a good rapport going with Da Silva, Galvin & Mason, all big parts of our future.

You would think the other thing in out favour is he & Samuela are managed by Mario Tartak who manages a lot of our star 18/19yos & has a strong relationship with Fulton.

Also I remember 2 bits of gossip news from 2-3 weeks ago - Tartak lunching with Lee & Fulton and Buzz reporting in his shoosh column we were a strong chance of making our best recruitment in over 10 years.

Back