Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So how long do u all think it will take to find out if we get the two boys from manly . I am going for 12 weeks and then we fine out they have signed somewhere else . So put ur time line in and a yes or a no if we get them . Let’s have a little fun before we all start crying about another one that got away 🤪

he is better than wakeham but not as good as Brooks.
if we land fainu then great move if not and we end up with flannigan or wakeham then stupid move considering Brooks and Sheens wanted him

That's all i was asking, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel everyone has rejected us. Brooks was always gone imo he's been agitating for 18 months and the first offer he got that he was able to accept he was off. I get the feeling everyone bar Sheens and Benji read the room in that regard.
I wouldnt be surprised if all else fails we end up with both Flanagan and Wakeham, but im hoping they pull out a Trindall or maybe someone like Lam from England.
We seemingly didnt even try for Sexton because we're looking for someone more experienced.

That's all i was asking, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel everyone has rejected us. Brooks was always gone imo he's been agitating for 18 months and the first offer he got that he was able to accept he was off. I get the feeling everyone bar Sheens and Benji read the room in that regard.
I wouldnt be surprised if all else fails we end up with both Flanagan and Wakeham, but im hoping they pull out a Trindall or maybe someone like Lam from England.
We seemingly didnt even try for Sexton because we're looking for someone more experienced.
sezer or Schneider I reckon we will end up with
As for Brooks Sheens and Marshall must be the only coaches in the nrl who are not allowed to sign a player they both wanted...
hope Fulton lands fainu or we are in trouble

I'm hoping we have a chance with Trindall but expect if Ben Hunt leaves St George that Flanngan may also be on the look out for a 7 and history will show that recruiting has never been a problem for him. Whether that was club over coach I guess we will see.

BTW i think we have the Fainu boys, which is probably what prompted Lee to shoot his trap off again about the recruitment drive.

BTW i think we have the Fainu boys, which is probably what prompted Lee to shoot his trap off again about the recruitment drive.

On SEN today it was suggested by the ‘hat’ that tigers are about to “embark on a very aggressive recruitment drive” hopefully it is with quality players willing to say ‘y
Recruitment drive…..sure he was talking about the WT or perhaps it was Brydens….😂

sezer or Schneider I reckon we will end up with
As for Brooks Sheens and Marshall must be the only coaches in the nrl who are not allowed to sign a player they both wanted...
hope Fulton lands fainu or we are in trouble

Fair enough I don’t know anything about this Schneider bloke Sezer could be a half decent stop gap I guess.
As for Sheens & Marshall they may have wanted to re sign Brooks but Brooks didn’t want to be re signed. We would have only been his back up plan, clubs have been able to sign him for ages Moses has had Manly’s pant down imo getting him the deal he got. Manly could be in a bit of trouble if Moses keeps bringing more and more of his players in he’ll have them by the balls like he did with us.

Reactions: 851
There's a bit of delusion in this post. The dogs are/were top 2-4 in every junior grade this season. Our boys are scrapping to make the finals. They have better juniors than we do, and much greater depth than we do.

Gus is also as much of a cancer as he is a God to the media
I'll put my hand up that I don't watch juniors every week, but if the Bulldogs are so competent in junior grades 2023, where are those players coming into Firsts? They've bought in 75% of their first grade squad.

I'll put my hand up that I don't watch juniors every week, but if the Bulldogs are so competent in junior grades 2023, where are those players coming into Firsts? They've bought in 75% of their first grade squad.
its got me stuffed were 1st graders come from.i trawled thru 4 years of Big Leage mag from the U/ 20's comp days 4/5 years after it finished and only 14 players had made it 2 1st grade from lower grades,7 dogs 4 canberra etc.the churn rate is astronomical.times are a changing but is it better to buy proven /up n comers as the roosters n melbourne do? a reason the draft is difficult,no imput from the clubs financially basically funded by the nrl,tribalism out the window in the process

Can we not go out and buy other teams reject’s.
Flanagan can’t get a start as a 1/2 at the dog’s they would prefer to play Burton out of position than give Flanagan another chance.
Moving him to hooker and talking him up so another team might buy him (please not us)
Rather spend money on a young kid not knowing what they could end up like, than signing a player that hasn’t looked much at another club for a couple of years,
And then having to listening to everyone saying you knew what he was like before you brought him.
A kid might end up a dud but you never know could just be the one you have been looking for.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back