Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If we don't land the Fainus and I reckon we will, the journos need to do their job and ask all player managers why they don't advocate for their players to go to the Tigers.

There needs to be significant media & public pressure to say we need a new Chairman, new CEO and 1-2 new members of the board who command public respect. And if there is evidence showing they are the major part of the problem, at least the other Board members can act.

Dolphins have halves coming out of there pockets and we have none but a basket load of money.
I'm embarrassed to be a supporter at the moment 😕.
Losing Api and Brooks couldn't of course at a worse time for us as we need wins to look attractive but now it's just impossible to recruit.
Maybe they can throw a couple our way? 😁

Dolphins have halves coming out of there pockets and we have none but a basket load of money.
I'm embarrassed to be a supporter at the moment 😕.
Losing Api and Brooks couldn't of course at a worse time for us as we need wins to look attractive but now it's just impossible to recruit.

I hate to tell you but when we had Api and Luke both playing we were not winning games then either.We are 3-13 now and about as attractive as a keg of beer at the South Pole to devout muslims

I'm really bummed out. When it was first announced that Balmain was merging with Wests I was not happy. Especially after other clubs like Soufs & Manly managed to stand alone. Now nearly 20 years down the track I'm watching the whole thing fall apart like a serious car crash in slo-mo. Having grown up with the Tiges & almost living at Leichhardt Oval.
I'm seriously heartbroken.
This club has been a part of my whole life & now here I sit here helpless with tears on my eyes.
We are the definition of masochists
There's nothing wrong with the merger. The problem is the incompetence in the board room and the fact Wests Ashfield don't seem competent enough to realise it and sort it out. The merger is fine. No club with a dud board room will achieve anything, what irks me is that Wests Ashfield think everything is hunky dorey.

I hate to tell you but when we had Api and Luke both playing we were not winning games then either.We are 3-13 now and about as attractive as a keg of beer at the South Pole to devout muslims
But we were only a competent half from being a top 8 team, we were in if not dominating most games we just couldn't get across the line.

Tigers have had promising players coming through like Tedesco, Moses and Wood 7 we all know how that went
Same can be said for any club. Panthers lose great talent annually. Still top of the tree. Being negative is easy. I like to think Sheens, moving back into a HoF role after handing over to Benji, resolves a bunch of that. And Fulton, despite whatever we hear, has had success keeping talent on the books at Manly too.

Ca
From what I was told about 1 week ago is that the brothers are gonna be Wests Tigers players and they've decided against the Dolphins.... this report to me just sounds like a ploy to maybe get more $ or commitment from management and let them know there's other options out there but this is concerning.

If this somehow gets messed up and we lose them to the Dolphins after all the advantages we have. That's the perfect indication that something is seriously seriously wrong with our club and we aren't ever going to get better unless both Lee and Pascoe are gone.

Sidenote: I work in the sporting industry and networking is obviously immense within this space, I know a few Penrith officials who warned me about Pascoe 7-8 years ago when we got him and they claimed he was a fraud and will ruin this club..... looking back at it now... I think they were right.
Can you remind me of the advantages the club has?
And how many more indications are needed to deduce or indicate something is seriously wrong with this club???
Any other club would have been rid of them after 1st failure...how many failures we up to so far?

If we don't land the Fainus and I reckon we will, the journos need to do their job and ask all player managers why they don't advocate for their players to go to the Tigers.

There needs to be significant media & public pressure to say we need a new Chairman, new CEO and 1-2 new members of the board who command public respect. And if there is evidence showing they are the major part of the problem, at least the other Board members can act.
Actually- great point. Journo's have a great time picking holes & alluding to reasons. How about reporting the reasons why players don't sign. Getting to the real story, exposing it etc.

P
Same can be said for any club. Panthers lose great talent annually. Still top of the tree. Being negative is easy. I like to think Sheens, moving back into a HoF role after handing over to Benji, resolves a bunch of that. And Fulton, despite whatever we hear, has had success keeping talent on the books at Manly too.
Probably becoz Panthers have people who know what they're doing & know how to run a club.
Fulton arrives and we lose players to Manly. How does that work?
I'm pretty sure you've watched games this and last year to see how Sheens is going...to me looks pretty much flatlining with absolutely no pulse and no signs of revival

There's nothing wrong with the merger. The problem is the incompetence in the board room and the fact Wests Ashfield don't seem competent enough to realise it and sort it out. The merger is fine. No club with a dud board room will achieve anything, what irks me is that Wests Ashfield think everything is hunky dorey.
I didn't actually say there was anything wrong with the merger...just I didn't like it.
Then again...are you sure there is nothing wrong with it?
I been saying all along the problems won't be fixed until a new broom sweeps through the board
And it seems like the incumbents have all got each other's backs...like a wagon train in a circle with the indians attacking

Actually- great point. Journo's have a great time picking holes & alluding to reasons. How about reporting the reasons why players don't sign. Getting to the real story, exposing it etc.
Yep it's not that hard. There are only about 8 major management agencies. They can even be reported on the basis of anonymity like most stories they leak.

This club is a dumpster fire and almost beyond repair, these imbeciles in the front office don't know their head from their arse. The coaching staff isnt much better, we are giving the NRL all the ammo they need to punt us, Pascoe must go the hat must go the board need to be disassembled. Will any of that happen, no so we deserve what we get, im so over it we are beyond a joke.

Mole says the Dolphins are firming as favourites.
"There are a few clubs interested and we are just weighing up what's best for the boys and their family," manager Mario Tartak told WWOS.
The fact it is the mole still gives hope that it is incorrect and unreliable information. Even though the headline screams out that they have made their decision, it is still a guess based off of a source he perceives as having good information. The quote you listed to me reads "we are seeing if we can get more money out of clubs before making our decision".

We have been releasing players and freeing cap space for years with nothing to show.....about time we use some of that money and make sure we land these recruits.

The other thing is Manly don't have to release them. They will still want something. Giving them Talau early (to cover their injuries) and some cash should get the deal over the line.

If we stuff this up, we have no hope of landing anyone decent from outside the club.

As I said a few days ago, after Fainu knocks us back, Canberra will likely already have signed Sanders and we’ll still have no halves.

Next year is looking more and more likely to be Wakeham partnering another NSW Cup half.

I didn't actually say there was anything wrong with the merger...just I didn't like it.
Then again...are you sure there is nothing wrong with it?
I been saying all along the problems won't be fixed until a new broom sweeps through the board
And it seems like the incumbents have all got each other's backs...like a wagon train in a circle with the indians attacking
How the powers at be at Wests Ashfield think people with no experience with anything to do with N.R.L or sport in general would make good board members on an N.R.L team is beyond belief.

One things for sure... I know we haven't been performing great lately but I really hope Blore isn't on the trading block he looks to be elevating his game under Sheens/Benji and I'm excited to see if he can fulfil his potential that made him the SG Ball captain of that Penrith team that did so much damage.

Seems to be one of the only positives this season he can be anything imo
Blore is a keeper ,he has been I jured last 2 years , now injury free he is starting to show his potential , absolute keeper

I was just listening to the post match interview with Sheens, they asked about the Tommy Talau contract situation, he stated that he didn't know anything about it, and it hasn't been discussed with him. Manly have announced his signing last week, what is going on with our club, honestly.
He knows exactly what’s going on , just thought he mite be a smart asrse make Fulton , Lee look like dicks for not updating him

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Members online

Back