Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't like hysteria but losing out on the Fainus would be disastrous for the club. The manager comments quoted are very concerning. It's a very sad state of affairs and I can't see a way out. Without halves we simply won't win games, recruiting will be harder still and our decent recent signings will age out. In saying that the Sheens comments in the post match presser have been taken way out of context by some and my hunch is issues in the club between sheens, benji and fulton are overrstated..

Can anyone please give me some hope? apart from this mysterious amazing crop of 14-16 year olds everyone raves about. You simply cant hang your hat on that as a club.

He knows exactly what’s going on , just thought he mite be a smart asrse make Fulton , Lee look like dicks for not updating him

So whats the point of that to make us look even worse, the club is self sabotaging as i said before the front office is rotten. But the whinging and bitching Sheens and Benji are doing through the media is just as bad, why would players want to come here the in fighting is extreme.
I get Sheens isnt happy his mate is gone but he was hardly doing a bang up job, and now the new guy can't do his job because he's got so many knives hanging out of his back it isnt funny.

I have been watching the great game since 1978 and I am starting to believe the Clowns in charge of the NRL want some of the Sydney based clubs to die, move to Perth or elsewhere or join together.

Surely the shit show that is the WT, Bulldogs and Dragons is not a great look for the game.
Really not enough genuine talent to go around.

I find I switch off games when the contest is over at half time. Thank you for cricket at the moment.

I don't think WT have recovered from the Woods, Moses and Teddy disaster from years ago and it is still impacting the club. Also the way Heighington, Marshall and Farah were treated also has an impact on player recruitment. I appreciate loyalty in the game is long gone on both sides and it is all about the money and instant success.

Like many on this Forum the answers to our prayers (whether it be Management, Coaches or Players) does not seem to be forthcoming. I believe success starts from the top so like to see a clean out of management.

If we don't land some big recruits soon more promising juniors will leave and back to back to back Wooden Spoons is a real possibility.

I am loyal to my Magpies and now WT but am finding hard each season to give a real crap about a real change ever happening. 2005 seems so long ago.

Sorry I will get off my soap box now.
The NRL is not responsible for inept Management. No other Club has missed the Finals 12 years in a row.

So whats the point of that to make us look even worse, the club is self sabotaging as i said before the front office is rotten. But the whinging and bitching Sheens and Benji are doing through the media is just as bad, why would players want to come here the in fighting is extreme.
I get Sheens isnt happy his mate is gone but he was hardly doing a bang up job, and now the new guy can't do his job because he's got so many knives hanging out of his back it isnt funny.
This is what happens when people don’t get their way , They have hired Fulton , if sheens or anyone else don’t like it move on , simple

I'm really bummed out. When it was first announced that Balmain was merging with Wests I was not happy. Especially after other clubs like Soufs & Manly managed to stand alone. Now nearly 20 years down the track I'm watching the whole thing fall apart like a serious car crash in slo-mo. Having grown up with the Tiges & almost living at Leichhardt Oval.
I'm seriously heartbroken.
This club has been a part of my whole life & now here I sit here helpless with tears on my eyes.
We are the definition of masochists
Yes, I grew up in Birchgrove, absolutely love my Tigers, and like you heartbroken when it was announced.
Amalgamate, or out of NRL, I thought, oh well west were my second team, so it might be ok,
Problem since 1999 when it all happened, the West side of the Clubs has always fought to keep the Magpies as the dominant part of the amalgamation,

And they have succeded in doing that, but at the same time have destroyed the joint venture.

I think maybe the 10% of the Tigers that is left, should try to join with the Brisbane Tigers who want in the NRL. And let the Magpies go it alone in Sydney.

In other words Im waving the white flag, and Im now 77 years old, and want to see a Tigers team in the NRL As Tigers, I love the West Tigers,

But the Control is in the hands of Western Suburbs Magpies Commitee, and they are destroying it,

Why after 23 years do we still stupidly have Magpies and Balmain reserve sides, and since they did this ive never watched another reserve game, no interest.

The whole club should be WEST TIGERS.

And all the leagues clubs are called WESTERN SUBURBS CLUBS.

I dont think there is a Balmain leagues club
Nor a West Tigers Leagues club anywhere, if Im wrong please let me know

The West side of things have always wanted there club back, let them have it back,

Magpies.

Last edited:
All these so called great juniors will be out the door at the first opportunity , along with the odd NRL standard players we have on our books , if we do not stop the rot. Every year I say we have hit rock bottom and then we find another level to plunge.

We have a no7 and no9 go down and the club is in a total rabble. The Sharks would have got smacked by a top eight team last night yet still managed to put a number on us.

Anyway I guess it must be boring to read post after post about how poorly our club is run, sadly what else have we got to talk about. Nothing has changed and nothing will change till there is massive broom through place with Pascoe and Lee first out the door

I don't like hysteria but losing out on the Fainus would be disastrous for the club. The manager comments quoted are very concerning. It's a very sad state of affairs and I can't see a way out. Without halves we simply won't win games, recruiting will be harder still and our decent recent signings will age out. In saying that the Sheens comments in the post match presser have been taken way out of context by some and my hunch is issues in the club between sheens, benji and fulton are overrstated..

Can anyone please give me some hope? apart from this mysterious amazing crop of 14-16 year olds everyone raves about. You simply cant hang your hat on that as a club.
Likely just a manager tactic to try to either squeeze more $$$ out of us OR add to the perception that the club is in a terrible image position which gives Tartak/Crown power in saying "we'll look after you & then we have to take more clients of theirs".

All these so called great juniors will be out the door at the first opportunity , along with the odd NRL standard players we have on our books , if we do not stop the rot. Every year I say we have hit rock bottom and then we find another level to plunge.

Very negative, but understandable given our
current predicament. Don't underestimate how
much our juniors love the club, want to play
with one another, and turn the page 2gether 🙏🏼

Likely just a manager tactic to try to either squeeze more $$$ out of us OR add to the perception that the club is in a terrible image position which gives Tartak/Crown power in saying "we'll look after you & then we have to take more clients of theirs".
Or little man Lee opening his mouth lettering people know how desperate we are

I hope you're right. Always adds a bit more weight to the NRLs Gossip Girls when they have a quote like that. I think missing out on the Fainus would be particularly bad seeing as we are offering a starting half role, probably more money and are based in Sydney. It would be fairly close to rock bottom for me.

Can anyone please give me some hope?

Not really. Galvin sounds good from the reports on here. We have some other good juniors coming through. Bula looks great. Pole is good.

We need halves and some classy backs (resigning Staines would help here). We probably need some tweaks in the forwards as well. Our halves are decent back-up halves. We need two quality halves and the best we can do is up and coming kids.

Maybe some juniors will come through and fill some of the roles we require but we really need to fast track them.

Yes, I grew up in Birchgrove, absolutely love my Tigers, and like you heartbroken when it was announced.
Amalgamate, or out of NRL, I thought, oh well west were my second team, so it might be ok,
Problem since 1999 when it all happened, the West side of the Clubs has always fought to keep the Magpies as the dominant part of the amalgamation,

And they have succeded in doing that, but at the same time have destroyed the joint venture.

I think maybe the 10% of the Tigers that is left, should try to join with the Brisbane Tigers who want in the NRL. And let the Magpies go it alone in Sydney.

In other words Im waving the white flag, and Im now 77 years old, and want to see a Tigers team in the NRL As Tigers, I love the West Tigers,

But the Control is in the hands of Western Suburbs Magpies Commitee, and they are destroying it,

Why after 23 years do we still stupidly have Magpies and Balmain reserve sides, and since they did this ive never watched another reserve game, no interest.

The whole club shI dould be WEST TIGERS.

And all the leagues clubs are called WESTERN SUBURBS CLUBS.

I dont think there is a Balmain leagues club
Nor a West Tigers Leagues club anywhere, if Im wrong please let me know

The West side of things have always wanted there club back, let them have it back,

Magpies.
Mate, that is totally wrong. In the early days of the JV it was Balmain who were dominant and West Magpies were the poor cousins. Clearly that turned around later but early days it was all Balmain.
Now that I've cleared that up, what on earth is the point of dredging it up?

Can you give me a reason to not be?
Not be hysterical you mean?

Well my comment was more that it was funny to me that you opened by stating distaste for hysteria, then followed immediately with what I considered a hysterical statement.

But If you are asking why you should not be hysterical, well I can't tell you what to do. It's not my deal personally: I refuse to get hysterical about football. I have so much I could say about the topic, but I don't think you want my life story or my personal manifesto about following the club.

The NRL is roughly cyclical and eventually Tigers will find a way to get back to the top.

If we don't land the Fainus and I reckon we will, the journos need to do their job and ask all player managers why they don't advocate for their players to go to the Tigers.

There needs to be significant media & public pressure to say we need a new Chairman, new CEO and 1-2 new members of the board who command public respect. And if there is evidence showing they are the major part of the problem, at least the other Board members can act.
They will go to the Dolphins

Cogger looks good in a gun Penrith squad, week in and out he is questionable.

Also how good is our recruitment team where we don’t pick him up from basically bush footy on a minimum and are interested in him after 2 first grade games. However we choose to sign Wakeham who’s useless
Wakeham isn't useless.

Wakeham is a organising half who lacks flare and really is only a good backup half option.

Latest posts

Members online

Back