Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Look, is Hastings a limited heavy half yes, could we have used him this year yes! Brooks did a lot of kicking towards the end of last year as Hastings had a foot issue. I hate him as much as the next guy but let’s not be silly here.

Regarding taafe hes incredibly similar to Laurie in terms of ability. We need better than the likes of Laurie/taafe/croft aka brooks 2.0 as our starting halves next year, otherwise it’ll be much the same as the past few years.
We have two sides to this:
1. we have Brooks and Doueihi injured. If the Storm had Munster and Hugues injured they would struggle to make the 8, if Manly had DCE and turbo out they would contest us for the spoon. We have two halves injured and that means we suck a lemon.

2. Our planning for those halves SUCKS! Brooks has basically walked out on us because we did not have the Kahuna's to move him on. Doueihi isn't a 5/8 and hasn't settled into a position.

It's so bad people are mentioning sezer like that's a solution to Anything. It's not.

If our halfback next year can:
Find touch on penalty kicks 99% of the time
Run 3 steps forward before passing
Yell at people
Speak
Outrun Wakeham

Then it is a huge upgrade and they will be our best 7 since 2011. Bula and an exciting (albeit "potential") running 6 will mean we don't have worst spine anymore. Still need minimum 3 outside backs.

Sezer is a 5/8 - and in the SL for a reason…
Also had 10 years in the NRL without barely a mention until he played in a GF side opposite a Dally M winner…

Is also marshalling a top tier club in Leeds to the bottom of the Ladder in a second grade comp that has less teams than the NRL. Also not being re-signed by said club even though they don’t appear to have a replacement…

Yeah, he’s awesome - can’t wait!!
What position did he play in 2019?

Sezer is a 5/8 - and in the SL for a reason…
Also had 10 years in the NRL without barely a mention until he played in a GF side opposite a Dally M winner…

Is also marshalling a top tier club in Leeds to the bottom of the Ladder in a second grade comp that has less teams than the NRL. Also not being re-signed by said club even though they don’t appear to have a replacement…

Yeah, he’s awesome - can’t wait!!
All I said was he is better than Luke Brooks as a HB.

I think we are now at the point that we will take anyone who says yes
Munster ,Moses , Pearce ,Johnson , Brooks , Croft ,and now Sezer
We are working our way down the list of whos available
Don't see anything strategic in it ! Just what you can get .
But please The CEO ,The Recruitment manager and The Coach must be in agreement

This is the way I see it as well but the sad thing is I think it's the only approach that we have.

There aren't any great options and we need bums on seats.

1. we have Brooks and Doueihi injured. If the Storm had Munster and Hugues injured they would struggle to make the 8, if Manly had DCE and turbo out they would contest us for the spoon. We have two halves injured and that means we suck a lemon.

The real issue is the class of players. Brooks/Doueihi vs DCE/Turbo or Munster/Hughes. That is what we need to fix. I don't Sezer as the answer but I pray to god the positive comments on here are correct.

I don’t think Benji and Sheens are under any illusion of what Sezer is going to bring. He is not a marquee signing and not intended to be. He is being signed as an upgrade to what we have at the moment.

To be fair to the coaches, what we are seeing is a severe lack of experienced local half back talent.

Is Sezer going to win a comp? Most likely not.
Is he going to win Dally M halfback? Most likely not.

Can he work within a team that has a highly competitive forward pack and provide guidance and more attacking threats than we currently have? I backing the answer to be most likely yes.

I'm not saying Sezer is a good signing, but watching a bit of SL lately it appears to me that it simply isn't a good game for an organising half. It is so free flowing and open, I can see why someone who provides stability to a team can get lost in the game and even at times be a detriment to the team.

So I wouldn't read too much into Leeds wanting to get rid of Sezer. If he can play like Blake Green did when he returned then he will help us.

Sezer is a smarter football player than Brooks , he will be good with Appi leading us , we need a 5/8 that is quick , can play eyes up footy and unpredictable, One solid centre to partner Toa , Ball playing Lock to round it off
Sezer , Taafe , Brad Parker , Lock , And Trindall is we can wedge him out from sharks

Latest posts

Members online

Back