@russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1438087) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437711) said:
@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437710) said:
@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437707) said:
@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437705) said:
@isaaktigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437686) said:
@tigervinnie said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437667) said:
@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437659) said:
Interesting to note that not only is Brandon Smith off contract at the end of 2022 but Harry Grant actually has a Mutuak option for 2023 so if effectively off contract at the end of 2022 at this stage as well. I say go all in for Harry

last year showed having Grant in our team isn't priority and I would extend that to Smith as well.

We had Grant and still missed the finals terribly, we have far more important areas to fill before throwing marquee money at Hooker.

Without Grant we’d be last.

But seriously, I’d throw 1Milly at Grant. Even 1.1..

The influence and everything he had on the whole of Wests Tigers, I actually never felt or seen that effect a player can do to a team.

What do you do with the two capable hookers we presently have?

The 19 yr old nsw cup player or the injury riddled bloke who missed 8 tackles vs the Warriors and left dummy half empty and tjrows a bunch of average passes. You give them to someone else snd take the Origin star

Too bad the tigers have re-signed Liddle.

Only for 2 years and Grant would not leave the Storm until 2023 anyway.
You could offload Liddle pretty easy I reason and Simpkin could be a super sub / back up.

Or you could get rid of Simpkin and keep the better hooker at only 24.

The bloke with terrible service that can’t keep up during games? No thanks. Liddle had his chance this year. Time for Simpkin to step in.

Liddle has had more than enough chances this year, I would bring Simpkin back next week

I totally disagree. Jacob Liddle has been one of the better performers week-in and week-out for the Tigers this year. You are seeing things in Simpkin that I sure as hell haven't seen in the opportiunities he's had in the top grade or his game in the NSW Cup.

Liddle was horrendous. What are you watching. The bloke can't pass. Which is basically the number 1 requirement for a hooker. Not to mention his defence is weak

I have to agree with you... He starts ok but once he is gets tried his passing is just terrible. Today he passed one behind the players to no one and we lost like 15 metres and that's happened a few times recently. I would like to give Simpkin a go and even have Liddle on the bench as they could work together if needed on the field.
Pointless having Simpkin there and just training and no game time as that just slows down his development.

We so poor close to the line not sure if liddle or Brooks fault,

Blore still seems a bit lost with line running, they seem to be too on top of each other. Not sure what the issue is,

For me you just don't see Liddle organising the team. I know its a pipe dream but last year we had Grant and he just ran the show. Even watching the Storm he knows when to pass or run and his passes are crisp.. Agree we just look lost in attack on there line and really miss Laurie today

100 percent he is pretty poor, wonder why simpkin not getting another go, would like to know madge reasoning

It blows my mind as we are not making finals this year anyway.. The only reason would be him thinking Liddle is a better chance of winning games to keep his job but that goes against the development approach we currently have.

Yeah I can understand madge trying to save his job but maybe simpkin can link everyone better but I think your on the money it's just a safer bet for job security

It's going to be demoralising losing to the cowboys who we are on top of the ladder atm.

But in fairness we are probably the 3rd worst team.

The funny thing is the cowboys have lost like 8 in a row and if that was us it would be front page on all papers... We all know we are a team that helps other break there drought.. Just like the Tommy R game this year v them..

Here's hoping that Tim Sheens has the list of off-contract
players and is doing his homework.
Cause we need afew changes in afew positions.
What we have in some positions at the moment isnt NRL standard.

@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439630) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439626) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439620) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439615) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439610) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439607) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439597) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439583) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439440) said:
@851 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439379) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1438090) said:
Interesting to note that not only is Brandon Smith off contract at the end of 2022 but Harry Grant actually has a Mutuak option for 2023 so if effectively off contract at the end of 2022 at this stage as well. I say go all in for Harry

last year showed having Grant in our team isn't priority and I would extend that to Smith as well.

We had Grant and still missed the finals terribly, we have far more important areas to fill before throwing marquee money at Hooker.

The influence and everything he had on the whole of Wests Tigers, I actually never felt or seen that effect a player can do to a team.

The 19 yr old nsw cup player or the injury riddled bloke who missed 8 tackles vs the Warriors and left dummy half empty and tjrows a bunch of average passes. You give them to someone else snd take the Origin star

You could offload Liddle pretty easy I reason and Simpkin could be a super sub / back up.

The bloke with terrible service that can’t keep up during games? No thanks. Liddle had his chance this year. Time for Simpkin to step in.

Liddle has had more than enough chances this year, I would bring Simpkin back next week

I totally disagree. Jacob Liddle has been one of the better performers week-in and week-out for the Tigers this year. You are seeing things in Simpkin that I sure as hell haven't seen in the opportiunities he's had in the top grade or his game in the NSW Cup.

Liddle was horrendous. What are you watching. The bloke can't pass. Which is basically the number 1 requirement for a hooker. Not to mention his defence is weak

I have to agree with you... He starts ok but once he is gets tried his passing is just terrible. Today he passed one behind the players to no one and we lost like 15 metres and that's happened a few times recently. I would like to give Simpkin a go and even have Liddle on the bench as they could work together if needed on the field.
Pointless having Simpkin there and just training and no game time as that just slows down his development.

Blore still seems a bit lost with line running, they seem to be too on top of each other. Not sure what the issue is,

For me you just don't see Liddle organising the team. I know its a pipe dream but last year we had Grant and he just ran the show. Even watching the Storm he knows when to pass or run and his passes are crisp.. Agree we just look lost in attack on there line and really miss Laurie today

100 percent he is pretty poor, wonder why simpkin not getting another go, would like to know madge reasoning

It blows my mind as we are not making finals this year anyway.. The only reason would be him thinking Liddle is a better chance of winning games to keep his job but that goes against the development approach we currently have.

Yeah I can understand madge trying to save his job but maybe simpkin can link everyone better but I think your on the money it's just a safer bet for job security

It's going to be demoralising losing to the cowboys who we are on top of the ladder atm.

The funny thing is the cowboys have lost like 8 in a row and if that was us it would be front page on all papers... We all know we are a team that helps other break there drought.. Just like the Tommy R game this year v them..

Cowboys had lost their opening 4 rounds before they blew us off the park in round 5 at Leichhardt oval. We played them into form then and they went on a winning streak for a month or so

This is very true and we don’t have the players the cowboys have. Taumololo, Fedlt, Holmes, Hess? Hammer, McLean, Granville, Molo. When fit they have 5 current origin players and an International in Taumololo.

I found it bizarre with Laurie out and Mbye at fullback we carry Cini on the bench so Moses can move to dummy half cause Liddle can’t run out a game. Why not carry Simpkin and leave Moses where he is.

@coastie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439641) said:

I found it bizarre with Laurie out and Mbye at fullback we carry Cini on the bench so Moses can move to dummy half cause Liddle can’t run out a game. Why not carry Simpkin and leave Moses where he is.

Sheenius.... I hope not anyway

I don’t think Maguire had faith with Mbye at the back with recent form. He’s phoned it in tbh.
I suppose this is what happens when you have no depth and injuries. It’s the only explanation I can think of as I’d prefer we carry Simpkin.

I think it was just as cover for the backs. Had someone gone down without cini on the bench, Blore or Leilua would have had to go centre...

@birchgrovetigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439650) said:

I think it was just as cover for the backs. Had someone gone down without cini on the bench, Blore or Leilua would have had to go centre...

If we had the luxury of a hooker that could complete 80mins a versatile back option makes a bit more sense but us doing it to cover a hooker which is what it was is a head scratcher

Why does it blow your mind they we may not make the finals this year, after the big cleanout last year, introducing a team where more than half the team have never played together. Just have a look at the top sides, they basically all have kept the majority of their playing roster together for last 4 years. The team needs better cohesion, in attack and defence, that comes with the experience of playing together. Our time will come, just need to be patient.

@tigertownsfs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439637) said:

Cowboys had lost their opening 4 rounds before they blew us off the park in round 5 at Leichhardt oval. We played them into form then and they went on a winning streak for a month or so

WT'S play most teams into form

@rex2ce said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439593) said:
@needaname said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439517) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439507) said:
@tyga said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439500) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439497) said:
@tyga said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439485) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439471) said:
@davey_farrell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439457) said:
kills me to say this i thought we looked better when Mbye went to dummy half, i thought his passing was crisper then Liddle, i am unfortunately seeing nothing in Liddle. His passing was aweful today, he is going backwards

Quite a lot of our players have regressed in their standard of play. How long can WTs afford to stick with Maguire?

Depends on how you look at it Utoikamanu, Laurie, Blore, Maumalo, Luciano, Douihei, Twal, Mikalele, Ofehengaue are players who play for Madge.

The group that doesn’t Mbye, Brooks, BJ, Liddle, Nofa.

Which group is the club trying to move on? That will tell you what will happen with Madge.
The players regressing under madge are the players that have to be moved on not the coach.

The narrative is wrong it’s being pushed by media and people are jumping on it without realising the issue it’s our senior players.

Our playing group is better than what our performances and place on the ladder suggest.

The issue is with Maguire and he should be sacked asap.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said.

This is the same playing group that Maguire has to a large extent signed or re-signed. You involve yourself in a blame shifting exercise. Put Maguire on the market and no club would want him. Put Brooks and Liddle on the market and plenty of clubs would be interested.

I wonder how many supporting Maguire actually have a vested interest in doing so - you know snouts - trough?

I disagree, I reckon if we kick Maguire to the curb he will be the next coach for the Storm.

In 5 years time maybe, Bellyache has re signed

He has. The caveat is though he hasn’t signed a coaching contract for 5 years.
It is a coaching / coaching director role where he can decide at the point he is ready to change roles.
He may go all 5 but I don’t think it’s likely.

Exactly right, I remember at Leichhardt, and JT put Lovett in the Centres, after an injury to one of the backs, early on we were leading, we then got massacred.

@tigers_tale said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439669) said:

Exactly right, I remember at Leichhardt, and JT put Lovett in the Centres, after an injury to one of the backs, early on we were leading, we then got massacred.

That's a memory I would rather forget.

Covid and the cancellation of the lower grades has hurt the teams that have little depth like us. Because the guys who might come into the 17 due to injuries aren't getting game time then it really limits what Madge can do with selections.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1438278) said:
@watersider said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1437352) said:
Didn’t play Jeff lima in first grade

Well technically he did, he handed Jeff Lima his debut, 2 matches off the bench in 2004. We did win the comp without starting Jeff Lima and we signed Keith Galloway for 2006.

And he didn't choose Groat over Fifita, he traded Fifita in order to get Cronulla to take on Bryce Gibbs (Cronulla demanded Fifita as part of the trade). So it was a grave error, but not an error related to Groat.

He started him but I don't think he rated that sort of hard running dynamic prop, because he couldn't get Fifita to work for him either. We won the premiership in 2005, then we struggled because of a small forward pack which Sheens wasn't really able to address until Gareth Ellis. So we obviously did fine without Lima in 2005, but he was a gun in lower grades, looked good in the games he played in 1sts and then obviously wasn't rated by Sheens and did very well elsewhere while we struggled with a low impact undersized forward pack.

Surely even someone like Russell can see that Liddle is struggling, has shown he's currently completely incapable of playing 80 mins, can barely finish the first half without looking gassed and erratic.
His decision making has been poor, his passing poor and he hasn't even taken a scoot in a month.
Play Cini at fullback, Simpkin on the bench and bring him on after 30. Really don't give a crap if Mbye plays, he's leaving.

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439741) said:
Surely even someone like Russell can see that Liddle is struggling, has shown he's currently completely incapable of playing 80 mins, can barely finish the first half without looking gassed and erratic.
His decision making has been poor, his passing poor and he hasn't even taken a scoot in a month.
Play Cini at fullback, Simpkin on the bench and bring him on after 30. Really don't give a crap if Mbye plays, he's leaving.

Personally I think liddles confidence is ruined. Surely the coach can see what we all see. We have a serious issue with hooker. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched liddle last few games. Sadly simpkin isn't ready yet

It's as obvious as the nose on your face , that the sides confidence is shattered. This WestsTigers TV coverage is a sham, and only puts the side under more pressure. Something is seriously wrong at this club.

@sleeve said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1439772) said:
It's as obvious as the nose on your face , that the sides confidence is shattered. This WestsTigers TV coverage is a sham, and only puts the side under more pressure. Something is seriously wrong at this club.

Something has been seriously wrong at this club for a decade.

Back