Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@tigerwest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490655) said:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-redcliffe-dolphins-expansion-team-announcement-17th-team-peter-vlandys-firehawks-jets/news-story/fda175f0788ad3a155ba949d7d776202

Dolphins get the nod?

NRL get it wrong YET again ...nfi

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490653) said:
@tigertuff said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490650) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490646) said:
@tigertuff said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490594) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490584) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490582) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490581) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490571) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490569) said:
@jai_donaldson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490530) said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CU19GT0h-7E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Buzz on the drink again maybe?

What does it say? I don't have instagram so can't access the link.

Buzz just polarising popular opinion nothing exciting.

I fail to see how any player can afford to point the finger if this rubbish is true.

The story on Fox says that several players were dumbfounded that Brooks won the award and not Douehi. Can't say that I blame them for being considered confused by that decision

You need to learn how to defend before you can be considered for a top award.

What about a halfback who can't pass, kick, direct or talk?

Isn't Douehi in the halves also. Maybe he should pick up a bit of that slack. I love how its always Brooks' fault in a 17 man team.

Funny that. When Douehi was in the halves and getting the ball when he wanted it, taking on some of the kicking duties and 'picking up the slack' as you put it. Whilst getting good reviews from the pundits, what did Madge do? Shifted him to centre coz his little boy Brooks didn't like it.

What the. Are you suggesting Douehi was moved to the centres because Brooks didnt like it. Are we going to blame him for that now too. Surely your having a lend.

Doueihi and LL were probably our weakest in defence all year. Considering we are a team where defence was our biggest weakness, the praising of Doueihi to the extent he receives on the forum is way over the top. After two knee reconstructions, I'd suggest his future is in the forwards and he will need to improve his workrate and defence.

It’s a

I fail to see how any player can afford to point the finger if this rubbish is true.

The story on Fox says that several players were dumbfounded that Brooks won the award and not Douehi. Can't say that I blame them for being considered confused by that decision

Isn't Douehi in the halves also. Maybe he should pick up a bit of that slack. I love how its always Brooks' fault in a 17 man team.

Funny that. When Douehi was in the halves and getting the ball when he wanted it, taking on some of the kicking duties and 'picking up the slack' as you put it. Whilst getting good reviews from the pundits, what did Madge do? Shifted him to centre coz his little boy Brooks didn't like it.

What the. Are you suggesting Douehi was moved to the centres because Brooks didnt like it. Are we going to blame him for that now too. Surely your having a lend.

Doueihi and LL were probably our weakest in defence all year. Considering we are a team where defence was our biggest weakness, the praising of Doueihi to the extent he receives on the forum is way over the top. After two knee reconstructions, I'd suggest his future is in the forwards and he will need to improve his workrate and in the defence.

It’s a good point. AD is a big bodily in the backs and as he ages he will bulk. I think his time in the halves may be limited. I think part of his defensive limitation is mobility.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490656) said:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-redcliffe-dolphins-expansion-team-announcement-17th-team-peter-vlandys-firehawks-jets/news-story/fda175f0788ad3a155ba949d7d776202

Dolphins get the nod?

NRL get it wrong YET again ...nfi

Am I to assume you didn’t like the pick (if successful)?

Can I start it off?

Bump them.
Punt them.

Doueihi and LL were probably our weakest in defence all year. Considering we are a team where defence was our biggest weakness, the praising of Doueihi to the extent he receives on the forum is way over the top. After two knee reconstructions, I'd suggest his future is in the forwards and he will need to improve his workrate and defence.

AD is our only attacking threat. Moving him to the forwards negates that and we get what was served up by Brooks last round

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490660) said:

AD is our only attacking threat. Moving him to the forwards negates that and we get what was served up by Brooks last round

Since junior days, I've always believed Doueihi is the Paul Langmack style of lock forward. Langmack was a great link between the forwards and backs and basically a very clever second 5/8. I'd like to see Doueihi in this role.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490661) said:

Since junior days, I've always believed Doueihi is the Paul Langmack style of lock forward. Langmack was a great link between the forwards and backs and basically a very clever second 5/8. I'd like to see Doueihi in this role.

Douehi ball skills aren't in the same city as Langmack's were

They say Adam Elliott baulking at coming to Tigers , i wonder if that means he will land here for sure

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490662) said:

How was his skills at the same age.

@aceshigh said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490663) said:
They say Adam Elliott baulking at coming to Tigers , i wonder if that means he will land here for sure

Proof beggars can be choosers.

Agree totally especially LL. How he continues to make run on side is beyond me. He always gives us 5 or 6 good runs a game but his defence has been a blight on our side for the last 2 years. Douehi offers us some great stuff but his arm grabbing in defence lets him down and has done since he came into grade, even at Souths. I am happy to persist with Douehi at 6 as long as he tightens up his defence. His future may be in the forwards though as you suggest - time will tell.

Langmack could tackle though

AD can't

Dolphins get the nod?

How is this breaking news. It’s been indicated multiple times in the past 2 weeks

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490662) said:

Langmack was a great and clever player. It is a blight on the game today that we lack players of his ability.

@le-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490674) said:
Any signing suggestions or rumours guys?

Yeah looking at a 3 year contract offer to deez

@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490626) said:

Ah, so now it's Doueihi contributing to Brooks being less than adequate as an organising and controlling halfback. Geez, just keep making the excuses and drinking the coolaid. Was Brooks shoved from pillar to post by Maguire in team selections? No, it was Doueihi to accommodate Brooks. I like Brooks but after 9 odd years let's call the waiting over and try him somewhere else. I'd love him to be a 1 club player for us, but surely it has to now be another position in the squad than halfback. As many have suggest #9 or #14 or #6.

Lol if he struggles at 7 all these years don't think he's miraculously gonna kill it in another position.

Yes Doueihi was the flavour of the season but reality is he was very poor at times too, just like the team.

Agree Brooks has had his time but its all in or all out with him.

Again , name one Year Brooks has had a good team around him he's a reflection of how shit the club is but people want to blame it all on him

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490644) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490616) said:

People believe what the media tell them to believe

I believe what I see. And that is Brooks is not an NRL standard halfback and is a massive liability to the team

And the rest of the team?

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490678) said:
@2005magic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490626) said:

Ah, so now it's Doueihi contributing to Brooks being less than adequate as an organising and controlling halfback. Geez, just keep making the excuses and drinking the coolaid. Was Brooks shoved from pillar to post by Maguire in team selections? No, it was Doueihi to accommodate Brooks. I like Brooks but after 9 odd years let's call the waiting over and try him somewhere else. I'd love him to be a 1 club player for us, but surely it has to now be another position in the squad than halfback. As many have suggest #9 or #14 or #6.

Lol if he struggles at 7 all these years don't think he's miraculously gonna kill it in another position.

Yes Doueihi was the flavour of the season but reality is he was very poor at times too, just like the team.

Agree Brooks has had his time but its all in or all out with him.

Again , name one Year Brooks has had a good team around him he's a reflection of how shit the club is but people want to blame it all on him

I felt like his worst games this season was when the forward pack actually did their job…

Last paragraph sounds like making excuses for him, like we’ve done for the last 5-6 years. Can’t wait for that rhetoric for another 5 years !

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490679) said:

I believe what I see. And that is Brooks is not an NRL standard halfback and is a massive liability to the team

It really isn’t hard to see the difference between Cleary, Reynolds, DCE, or Moses compared to Brooks.
Those type of players win their teams games and are always putting the pressure on with a solid kicking game early vision and they take friggin chances at the line.
Brooks doesn’t do that ever.
He’s just not going to win us a comp!
We’ve have changed every player in every position in the last 7 years except brooks.
How long do you want to go with out competing for the shield?

@balmainian said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490684) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490679) said:

It really isn’t hard to see the differenc
e between Cleary, Reynolds, DCE, or Moses compared to Brooks.
Those type of players win their teams games and are always putting the pressure on with a solid kicking game early vision and they take friggin chances at the line.
Brooks doesn’t do that ever.
He’s just not going to win us a comp!
We’ve have changed every player in every position in the last 7 years except brooks.
How long do you want to go with out competing for the shield?

Nathan maybe.

Others also need a good team around them.

Dce and Manly were nothing without turbo this year.

Moses would struggle with a few key players down

Reynolds did nothing in the GF, let's see how he goes in Brisbane

Even Nathan look how good they are 1 to 17 and still struggle for points.

A Andrew John's type half doesn't really exist anymore.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back