Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Zane Musgrove signed till 2024 is he going to come good this year and bend the line or what?
Will Peachey be in the starting line up at lock?

@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517622) said:
@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517621) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517602) said:
@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517543) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517510) said:
@aj1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517507) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517449) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517444) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517435) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517432) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517429) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517424) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517420) said:
@tigerlily said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517409) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517394) said:
Junior Paulo's management informed interested parties last night that he's staying at Parramatta.
No formal offer from the Tigers was presented.

So we still might be in with a chance if WTs did indeed make contact with Paulo and his management regarding coming.

No offence TP but your information of late is more miss then hit.

A discussion was had with his management, nothing more, no touring of the facility.
He's staying at the Eels.

Thanks Pom. I believe you 1 billion percent. Some info that an eels player with an islander surname did tour? Could it be Oregon? Ask your source

Can honestly say nothing about this has come across to me, Oregon was actually a target before he last signed with Eels.

If that’s all there was was just a discussion does that mean they are still hoping to land Thompson?

Club want's Thompson but Bulldogs are firm on the amount the are willing to chip in, would assume with there current cap situation they have this figure in mind for a reason but they will only cover at most 150k of his salary at the point in time.

Thanks @THE_POM for the update we do need another Prop to help Stefano upfront hopefully we land one soon

Think an semi-experienced hard runner is what the club needs to replace Tamou for 2023.

A mannequin on the sidelines wearing an oversized jacket could replace Tamou in 2022

Man I was watching 2015 gf Tamou just needs get those quick play the balls happening again hopefully sheens helps capture previous years form wouldn't write him of yet

2015 is nearly seven years ago. Natural slowdown occurs. Tamou is a typical Wests Tigers bad years signing.

Except he's not on massive wages like some of those bad years signings of the past, that's what people are forgetting a bit with Tamou, he's not breaking the bank

He's not breaking a sweat either

Or the opposition defensive line

He isn't a problem though in relation to the salary cap. So long as he trains hard and does his job whatever grade that is in. The problem is making him captain and therefore a sure pick in the top team. I view him coming into the team when we get injuries/suspensions and doing a great job in that context.

@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517624) said:
Junior Paulo's management informed interested parties last night that he's staying at Parramatta.

So we still might be in with a chance if WTs did indeed make contact with Paulo and his management regarding coming.

A discussion was had with his management, nothing more, no touring of the facility.

Thanks Pom. I believe you 1 billion percent. Some info that an eels player with an islander surname did tour? Could it be Oregon? Ask your source

Can honestly say nothing about this has come across to me, Oregon was actually a target before he last signed with Eels.

If that’s all there was was just a discussion does that mean they are still hoping to land Thompson?

Club want's Thompson but Bulldogs are firm on the amount the are willing to chip in, would assume with there current cap situation they have this figure in mind for a reason but they will only cover at most 150k of his salary at the point in time.

Thanks @THE_POM for the update we do need another Prop to help Stefano upfront hopefully we land one soon

Think an semi-experienced hard runner is what the club needs to replace Tamou for 2023.

A mannequin on the sidelines wearing an oversized jacket could replace Tamou in 2022

Man I was watching 2015 gf Tamou just needs get those quick play the balls happening again hopefully sheens helps capture previous years form wouldn't write him of yet

2015 is nearly seven years ago. Natural slowdown occurs. Tamou is a typical Wests Tigers bad years signing.

Except he's not on massive wages like some of those bad years signings of the past, that's what people are forgetting a bit with Tamou, he's not breaking the bank

He isn't a problem though in relation to the salary cap. So long as he trains hard and does his job whatever grade that is in. The problem is making him captain and therefore a sure pick in the top team. I view him coming into the team when we get injuries/suspensions and doing a great job in that context.

I am not concerned about what he earns but about his lack of impact.He needs to improve to be part of the 17 because what he is contibuting atm he could do just as effectively in reggies

@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517625) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517624) said:

I am not concerned about what he earns but about his lack of impact.He needs to improve to be part of the 17 because what he is contibuting atm he could do just as effectively in reggies

I wouldn't pick him in my top team. Maybe he will have a huge season but I just think we have better options.

@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517615) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517614) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517606) said:
@blackwhitegold said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517537) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517425) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517401) said:

Any wests tigers Signing news upcoming?

Cowboys & Tigers continued discussions end of last week about Luciano's potential immediate move but Cowboys unwilling to budge on player swaps.
Sheens hopeful Nanai will sign for 2023 & then is would be a formality of those 2 trading places, but Cowboys would need to take all of Luciano's salary for 2022.
Gives the club more money to spend, don't expect this to be resolved till after Christmas.

@THE_POM do you know if Dudley Dotoi is still training with the squad? There was a comment a couple of weeks back that he may have returned or wants to return to NQ. I think having Dotoi here may help with getting Nanai over the line as they are friends from school.

Dudley is training with the North Queensland Cutteers.

Didn't know he left. Was he that tall indigenous kid who had big wraps on him?
Why did we release him?

Home sick

Shame.

Cowboys & Tigers continued discussions end of last week about Luciano's potential immediate move but Cowboys unwilling to budge on player swaps.
Sheens hopeful Nanai will sign for 2023 & then is would be a formality of those 2 trading places, but Cowboys would need to take all of Luciano's salary for 2022.
Gives the club more money to spend, don't expect this to be resolved till after Christmas.

@THE_POM do you know if Dudley Dotoi is still training with the squad? There was a comment a couple of weeks back that he may have returned or wants to return to NQ. I think having Dotoi here may help with getting Nanai over the line as they are friends from school.

Really, that's pretty poor form from the kid. He gets signed on a deal with a pathway to NRL and he gives up after a couple of weeks? That's exceptionally weak unless there was extenuating circumstances with the health of a close family member etc.

Why were we looking to sign someone so fragile? Kid should be embarrassed with his behaviour if he's left already.

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517636) said:

Really, that's pretty poor form from the kid. He gets signed on a deal with a pathway to NRL and he gives up after a couple of weeks? That's exceptionally weak unless there was extenuating circumstances with the health of a close family member etc.

Why were we looking to sign someone so fragile? Kid should be embarrassed with his behaviour if he's left already.

I agree but you know people are just so different, some can and some can't but like you said he was given a chance that other kids would be jealous of... oh well, hopefully he has a change of mind/heart (hope it's not too late if he ever changes) and don't waste this opportunity given to him.. sad really

Huge difference in the game over those six years and similarly between the then approaching 27yo in a male's prime and the now 33yo going around again.

If the game had not changed so much he could probably compete a lot better like the older props could for so many years, but it is lighting fast compared to then with most play the balls being quick.

Would much rather Tamou's dollars were spent on another stuck in a good stable of middles and hopefully the one from Newcastle or another can be our next Tapau.

@4jtigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517638) said:

I agree but you know people are just so different, some can and some can't but like you said he was given a chance that other kids would be jealous of... oh well, hopefully he has a change of mind/heart (hope it's not too late if he ever changes) and don't waste this opportunity given to him.. sad really

He's an aussie schoolboy, with a heap of talent. We signed him rather than other young outside backs. If he bails on us after a fortnight it weakens our squad and depth. But also better to know now than to invest more time and money into someone who needs to live with his family all his life. If that's his priority, that's cool, good luck to him and we move on

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517423) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517413) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517412) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517407) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517405) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517395) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517391) said:
@tiedye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517378) said:
Missing boys here @cochise @hobbo1 @happy_tiger

Come back dudes.

Don’t forget Willow

Their posting happily together on their own forum now.

Yeah. Just sooks

Dude, it was sook behaviour from posters that got them canned to begin with. Pot meet kettle.

Oh well mate. Don’t like it, go on there forum.

Who are you to tell me where to go? I’ve been here over 11 years, you’ve been here a couple months. Sit down and know your place.

Whilst I can understand the frustration of being a collective target of late, I am sure that you are also aware that you contribute by often being more forthright than most others. Still, your ultimate sentence has no place here other than fermenting discord and particularly so in the case of virginal members (and not saying the quoted is).

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517616) said:

He is currently captain but usually doesn't play for any more than half the match time.

Captain involves alot more than just on field though. Heaps of extra media and sponsorship commitments and extra meetings etc

Dudley is a sook! His family is from Bowen and they have had problems with him at the Blackhawks. He has history of going walkabout

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517427) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517423) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517413) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517412) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517407) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517405) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517395) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517391) said:
@tiedye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517378) said:
Missing boys here @cochise @hobbo1 @happy_tiger

Come back dudes.

Don’t forget Willow

Their posting happily together on their own forum now.

Yeah. Just sooks

Dude, it was sook behaviour from posters that got them canned to begin with. Pot meet kettle.

Oh well mate. Don’t like it, go on there forum.

Who are you to tell me where to go? I’ve been here over 11 years, you’ve been here a couple months. Sit down and know your place.

Bow down to you? I’ve seen what you look like mate. Aren’t you a special little boy

Similar to my reply to gunners on the same matter, the last two sentences of this post I expect are out of line with the vast majority of this forum's wants.

Can anyone tell me if James Roberts is still with the club & if so will he be in NSW Cup or in the NRL squad

@marlowj94 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517623) said:
Zane Musgrove signed till 2024 is he going to come good this year and bend the line or what?
Will Peachey be in the starting line up at lock?

Musgrove might yet be the front row partner Stef needs, if we can keep him fit .

Apparently couldn’t adjust to living in Sydney, and myself coming from the bush I can understand that.
I’ve always said that the best part of Sydney is seeing it in the rear view mirror.

@tigerlouis said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517651) said:
Can anyone tell me if James Roberts is still with the club & if so will he be in NSW Cup or in the NRL squad

He'll be in NSW Cup, maybe

Unfortunately his younger brother has signed with Redcliffe for 2023, a real young gun. Now that he's gone there's no point keeping Roberts

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517552) said:
@tigertye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517547) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517508) said:
@tigertye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517486) said:
@THE_POM any word we’re making a decent play for Luki as well? Nanai and Luki are both going to be weapons and surprised we’re not making a play for both.

Hey mate I think he mentioned we might get nani for 23 which could prompt a away for luch but nothing happening by Christmas. Luki seems like a no go

Yeah I noticed his comment about Nanai. I just don’t know why we don’t go hard for both of them as I think Luki is only on a development deal and off contract for ‘23 also. Luki looks like a absolute superstar in the making.

I'd be very pleased to acquire one of the two. Both are very good prospects and fit the profile (high ceiling) that WTS is obviously recruiting. Re-signing Utoikamanu, recruiting Papali'i and possibly Nanai rounds out an outstanding recruitment campaign. A fast outside back **that can cover at fullback** would be a bonus.

I inserted a few bolded words in your last sentence and what I would really like is signings that would allow the choice of where go play and how to utilise Papali'i in 23.

Seems that Tuilagi is considered well in the mix with POM suggesting an extension is on offer.

@formerguest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517660) said:
@THE_POM any word we’re making a decent play for Luki as well? Nanai and Luki are both going to be weapons and surprised we’re not making a play for both.

Hey mate I think he mentioned we might get nani for 23 which could prompt a away for luch but nothing happening by Christmas. Luki seems like a no go

Yeah I noticed his comment about Nanai. I just don’t know why we don’t go hard for both of them as I think Luki is only on a development deal and off contract for ‘23 also. Luki looks like a absolute superstar in the making.

I'd be very pleased to acquire one of the two. Both are very good prospects and fit the profile (high ceiling) that WTS is obviously recruiting. Re-signing Utoikamanu, recruiting Papali'i and possibly Nanai rounds out an outstanding recruitment campaign. A fast outside back **that can cover at fullback** would be a bonus.

I inserted a few bolded words in your last sentence and what I would really like is signings that would allow the choice of where go play and how to utilise Papali'i in 23.

Seems that Tuilagi is considered well in the mix with POM suggesting an extension is on offer.

For that fast outside back that can cover fullback, I'd be speaking with Sam Ayoub and the Raiders about releasing Harley Smith-Shields from his deal. Has played centre, wing & fullback, an up-and-comer, who would have more chance at playing NRL at the Tigers than Raiders now with Cotric signing.

Otherwise Bevan French to the dismay of others on this forum. Or Madge looks at Hastings/Douehi/Nofa/Peachey as backup fullback options until they feel Dillon is ready.

@blackwhitegold said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517667) said:
@formerguest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517660) said:

For that fast outside back that can cover fullback, I'd be speaking with Sam Ayoub and the Raiders about releasing Harley Smith-Shields from his deal. Has played centre, wing & fullback, an up-and-comer, who would have more chance at playing NRL at the Tigers than Raiders now with Cotric signing.

Otherwise Bevan French to the dismay of others on this forum. Or Madge looks at Hastings/Douehi/Nofa/Peachey as backup fullback options until they feel Dillon is ready.

Said the same thing a few days ago in the Cotric thread. The kid is going to have a uphill battle to get a gig in the Raiders backline

Back