Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So we should give a guy who's battled off field issues all his career, and still is, to guide our indigenous players? We couldn't pick a worse player for that role. Not sure what happened to Tahu, but we need someone who's performed consistently well in the NRL for this role.
With support he made it back into the NRL. That in itself is pretty impressive and should be inspiring to another youngster. Off the field IMO the media have targeted him unfairly since he’s been with us because he’s an easy target.

I feel James would be a good leader as he would still be around the club the players , he has come out the other side But some times when these guys retire the demons come calling again as they move away from a structured set up , but as I read earlier where is Tahu is he still with us , can James team up with him , could be a good move

I feel James would be a good leader as he would still be around the club the players , he has come out the other side But some times when these guys retire the demons come calling again as they move away from a structured set up , but as I read earlier where is Tahu is he still with us , can James team up with him , could be a good move
Im still hopeful he recovers from his back injury and gets back on the field

What are you talking about ?
Yea troubled upbringing kid who hates the world , is going to listen to a guy who wouldn’t know the first thing about overcoming your demons.

He’s literally the guy you want to reach them . Someone they can see has been through it . And has come out the other side .
But has he overcome it? There's a reason Souths sacked him. Is he now totally professional off the field?

Yes you need someone who's ridden the highs and lows of the game, and understands the culture. There's still reports of him being wayward and doing things he shouldn't be. Can we get Widders, Prince or someone of that ilk?

Yea troubled upbringing kid who hates the world , is going to listen to a guy who wouldn’t know the first thing about overcoming your demons.

He’s literally the guy you want to reach them . Someone they can see has been through it . And has come out the other side .
I really do hope he’s come through it…
Certainly didn’t play like he has last year.

Jeepers Creepers, i hope we have a few 1st grade players coming over next year, as i feel otherwise we are in for another loooooooog season, as our young brigade are years off, if they stick around or even make 1st Grade.

Maybe with the Magic round next week we might hear something about signings.. Good place to "Meet n Greet" ...
Well we should at least know about Nikora as there was a deadline on him I think I read.

But has he overcome it? There's a reason Souths sacked him. Is he now totally professional off the field?

Yes you need someone who's ridden the highs and lows of the game, and understands the culture. There's still reports of him being wayward and doing things he shouldn't be. Can we get Widders, Prince or someone of that ilk?
Are you saying there are other issues/reports besides the recent pokies "drama"? Can you please enlarge because I must have missed them.

Plenty of mentors like this in youth work. They'll always be fighting those demons but it's the fact they know how to fight - and win - thoae battles.

I really do hope he’s come through it…
Certainly didn’t play like he has last year.
What has on field form have to do with overcoming child abuse , and keeping the black dog in the backyard ?
Seriously you’ve no idea ! Just stop commenting because you clearly lack any empathy or knowledge of what not just an aboriginal kid might go through , but many many many lower socio economic realities .
It’s about more than footy and wins . It’s about an environment for these clearly talented kids , to transcend their beyond diabolical upbringings .
But hey as long as we make the 8 right ?

What has on field form have to do with overcoming child abuse , and keeping the black dog in the backyard ?
Seriously you’ve no idea ! Just stop commenting because you clearly lack any empathy or knowledge of what not just an aboriginal kid might go through , but many many many lower socio economic realities .
It’s about more than footy and wins . It’s about an environment for these clearly talented kids , to transcend their beyond diabolical upbringings .
I’m not talking about his issues - I’m talking about the methods in which he’s been known to deal with them…
And they, affect on field form…

I Know plenty about everything you’ve listed above - for all you know, I could have come up the same.

Happy to be sympathetic, but Jimmy wasn’t bought to the club as a social worker - he’s here to win matches…
And yes - get us in the 8

Bugger that stick them on a construction site and see if they’ll work hard. I support a footy club not a daycare centre.

I’m not talking about his issues - I’m talking about the methods in which he’s been known to deal with them…
And they, affect on field form…

I Know plenty about everything you’ve listed above - for all you know, I could have come up the same.

Happy to be sympathetic, but Jimmy wasn’t bought to the club as a social worker - he’s here to win matches…
And yes - get us in the 8
The way I see it, he was brought into the tigers family which is way bigger than just footy. He’s arguably our 1st picked centre if he wasn’t injured and he’s on just above minimum wage. You could do worse by let’s say signing the “best” centre in the world.

Latest posts

Back