Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No surprises with Tim, cards close to chest as per usual.

I’m not sure about anyone else but I’m still reeling over the number of injured players in the game this year and wondering whether the rules are contributing to it.

On the one hand, we are seeing cleaner games but on the other, the hospitals are jam packed.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the players as a group so fit, but that’s not saving too many.

Im not one of these best player is essential people as it’s a team sport, but something has to give.

It’s funny how we stutter along as well, I’m hanging for a block of good games, some consistency. I guess Madge is too. The peaks have been outstanding but then the crumple.

If we can beat the eels, a very good, patient and disciplined side, we should be flying higher.

And as for giving away a binning to stop a certain try, there’s many cases where it’s not worth it. Players should think about that more carefully. I know it’s hard out there, but we’ve all seen the odd player geek out and make a match winning decision.

Brent’s first game was very exciting, he’s looking quite good.

If you listen to the way he speaks - The devil is in the detail....
There's a lot of They should, They could, They probably, I think, They'd wonder...
It's utter horseshit.
He admits it's an opinion piece - Then goes on to say his opinion means nothing.

Same as when Brent Read says, Tigers have the bye coming up and Will "probably" have a discussion around the coach then - And maybe decide to go in a different direction.

It's never "They've scheduled a meeting for the bye round" Nothing they say is definitive... Or substantial - It's all pure speculation, Or an opinion on what they think we should do.

They're all out there trying to control the narrative of the game....
All week they're all talking about how poor a run Souths and Storm are having with a couple injuries... We've had them all year and they're only just mentioning it in the last 2 weeks.

They're grubs - Who talk shit - We're easy targets and we sell the stories they peddle.
Include Buzz in that too, when he says..whether they like to admit it or not, The Wests Tigers are looking for another coach.
Their job at Fox is to talk up footy and activate interest by pressing buttons.

In the NFL players restructure deals to suit their club. Brooks would win a lot over by doing so.
No he wouldn’t….
Brooks won his dally m on 550k a season, Moses took Parra to the spoon on 750k.
Truth is - the only time we read about numbers (no matter how close they are) is when someone decides they’re too much.
No one knows how Brooks deal has been structured and now we’re at the back end it’s inflated.
He may have had to take a hair cut earlier in the deal to help overpay everyone else…

That said, I’d be looking to extend him and re-work the numbers to get him in line with market value…
If he doesn’t want that - then it’s only another year. No different to all the guys we’ve been paying up till now to have NO input on the field.

Last edited:
No he wouldn’t….
Brooks won his dally m on 550k a season, Moses took Parra to the spoon on 750k.
Truth is - the only time we read about numbers (no matter how close they are) is when someone decides they’re too much.
No one knows how Brooks deal has been structured and now we’re at the back end it’s inflated.
He may have had to take a hair cut earlier in the deal to help overpay everyone else…

That said, I’d be looking to extend him and re-work the numbers to get him in line with market value…
If he doesn’t want that - then it’s only another year. No different to all the guys we’ve been paying up till now to have input on the field.

It won’t matter what Brooks is paid he will still get hammered by the same people. Even if we were to win the GF he will.

JTJ is paid peanuts, our lowest paid player and was getting bagged. People actually were happy with a false report he could be medically retired.

I’m surprised Lodge has not found a new club even for the remainder of this year , this will be 2 weeks no footy for him , should be ready to go whoever grabs him , also gone quiet on Tigers signings or possible signings any info out there , are we a chance at lodge

No surprises with Tim, cards close to chest as per usual.

I’m not sure about anyone else but I’m still reeling over the number of injured players in the game this year and wondering whether the rules are contributing to it.

On the one hand, we are seeing cleaner games but on the other, the hospitals are jam packed.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the players as a group so fit, but that’s not saving too many.

Im not one of these best player is essential people as it’s a team sport, but something has to give.

It’s funny how we stutter along as well, I’m hanging for a block of good games, some consistency. I guess Madge is too. The peaks have been outstanding but then the crumple.

If we can beat the eels, a very good, patient and disciplined side, we should be flying higher.

And as for giving away a binning to stop a certain try, there’s many cases where it’s not worth it. Players should think about that more carefully. I know it’s hard out there, but we’ve all seen the odd player geek out and make a match winning decision.

Brent’s first game was very exciting, he’s looking quite good.
My theory behind the injury crisis.

The game has changed, and in order to succeed, the fitness and athleticism required to win a game has gone up a notch. There are a lot of young players in the NRL at the moment who are struggling to keep up week-to-week. Injury risk is increased as the body is pushed closer to its limit. Players will continue to get injured until their bodies are conditioned to the pace of the game.

On injuries and especially knee reconstructions my brother in law was a physio for two Sydney first grade rugby league clubs. The advice he provides about how difficult it is to come back from a knee reco fills me with admiration for the players that go through the rehab, especially twice. That is why Doueihi needs to be nursed along without unrealistic expectations.

Latest posts

Members online

Back