Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hass is a generational talent and would be very pleased if we get him don’t get me wrong

However, Hass seems to want around 1.1-1.2 million a season

Lodge got paid out for 700k this year and next, we could easily get him on for a contract on around 450-500k due to this

Both Lodge (475k) and Crithcon (725k) will cost the same and would much improve our squad imo

Let the Dolphins over pay

Blore is great on defence. Bad at running lines but hey, defence is way more important in that position.
While I agree, Blore is a better player than Kelma, for the longest time I have asserted that the top teams dont attack via their props, they attack via their second rowers. 80 mins of Blore wont lift a trophy.

It was to our detriment in the Farah years, that as good as he was, he played entirely too skinny, too many props running per set. The big teams, played props until fast PTB, then widened their attack.

Healthy this year, Blore, Kelma and Luciano would have been our best second row since Dwyer and Ellis... not all backrowers can be 80 min players. We dont have the results to buy superstuds (Lord knows how we snagged Papalii) offering a trophy, though we can recognise that there are plenty of 60min backrowers of quality and carry one on the bench to offset their stamina, also providing alternate angles as the game progresses.

There are options. The interesting part is Sheens experimental philosophy meshing with Madge's rigid formula. Meeting in the middle may see us have more progress.

Hass is a generational talent and would be very pleased if we get him don’t get me wrong

However, Hass seems to want around 1.1-1.2 million a season

Lodge got paid out for 700k this year and next, we could easily get him on for a contract on around 450-500k due to this

Both Lodge (475k) and Crithcon (725k) will cost the same and would much improve our squad imo

Let the Dolphins over pay
I like your idea. Let's hope the Wests tigers management is on the same idea.

The way I see it Haas will go one of three ways

He will sign with us

He will sign with Roosters which opens Crichton to come to us

He signs a marquee deal with Redcliffe (most likely giving the messaging coming out) but with this option he could play for a team the rest of this season which could be us as it would only be around 500k.

The way I see it Haas will go one of three ways

He will sign with us

He will sign with Roosters which opens Crichton to come to us

He signs a marquee deal with Redcliffe (most likely giving the messaging coming out) but with this option he could play for a team the rest of this season which could be us as it would only be around 500k.
Reckon you've got it right with the second one.

Is it possible? The club has enough $ to invest and make it possible.

Is it possible - Nope.
We would get outbid or a better team would come close to what we could offer even if we offered him 1Mil. I also would be very very nervous about putting 10% of our cap into a Prop.

Musgrove isn't on chump change, we have Stefano upgraded as well.
That's a huge amount invested in the Prop rotation.

Would absolutely love him here but just can't see it happening.

Latest posts

Back