Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You mean you can't refute what I said because you clearly haven't watched much of Lodge based on your absurd comments. No, I just have little patience for people who spew nonsense and get defensive when that nonsense gets questioned. So because a rookie prop didn't lead the team into the finals, he was average? I think that says it all about your capacity to judge rugby league talent.
Spew nonsense ha. You still don’t get it but that’s ok. I didn’t just say he was average I also said he is still average. Shows it most games. That is my opinion of him as a footballer you can have a different opinion, unlike you I enjoy the different opinions on here, so no I’m not getting defensive. Average footballer, even worse as a person. But go ahead and be a condescending know it all and call me absurd, nonsensical and defensive, shows character. Still a No to lodge for me coz he is currently average and we should be aiming for better.

Not next year with Hastings and Koroisau steering the ship and Papali'i leading the pack. We'll be better than that dross. They may yet get some marquee signings though, I'd imagine they'd have plenty of cap space left from the look of that lineup...
As long as those 3 have 14 guys backing them up each week I’d agree but you, I and the world knows, that number will be closer to 6…

Not next year with Hastings and Koroisau steering the ship and Papali'i leading the pack. We'll be better than that dross. They may yet get some marquee signings though, I'd imagine they'd have plenty of cap space left from the look of that lineup...
I don’t want to be down on ur post , but ur saying that with two new players we will be better than that team , ur dreaming there forward pack would eat us , I know there all getting on but there still going better than anything we got . As for there cap they have overs for a lot of there players , so I doubt they have much left . Sorry to shoot u down but really ????

Doubt few if any players will leave the Sharks to follow Morris unless they are discards. It seems like a very settled club, camped around the 8 consistently and gives the juniors some belief that their is scope to succeed
We really need to stop pretending that a change of coach will suddenly attract the type of talent that was not interested before. Discards and mercenaries - until who ever is in charge of recruitment and retention works out which of our own we need to keep and give them something to play for.

You speak to well for this forum Lauren. Could you please dumb your posts down for the majority on hear. Myself included.
Oh please!

I don’t want to be down on ur post , but ur saying that with two new players we will be better than that team , ur dreaming there forward pack would eat us , I know there all getting on but there still going better than anything we got . As for there cap they have overs for a lot of there players , so I doubt they have much left . Sorry to shoot u down but really ????
34 year old Jesse Bromwich who is on the slide and 33 year old Mark Nicholls are their starting props with ~90kg Ray Stone as starting lock. It's hardly a great pack. Kaufusi and Kenny Bromwich will both be on the wrong side of 30 next season too.

free agent market has been incredibly tough and they probably needed 2 years before coming into the comp. Isaiya Katoa is easily their best buy. he is going to be sensational. Tom Gilbert is a great buy for mine as well.

outside backs are pretty poor but I don't think they'll struggle for too long. Stephen Crichton, Munster and Walsh all there for the taking come November 1 and I reckon they'll manage to poach at least one of them.

Bit smaller than I'd hoped - Both held their own....
Hopefully we can hold onto them.
I thought Matamua was extremely impressive. Good size, good leg speed, played the middle link man role well (passes out the back were spot on), and I saw him show a step, fend and offload all in the one play. All of this was combined with a high work rate in attack and defence. IMO he’s shaping up as the perfect 13 in our team from 2024 once Joffa’s contract ends after the 2023 season (he may well get a taste of first grade in 2023). I watched him play the Sharks in Flegg at Shark Park this year. The team got smashed that day (38 to 6?) and he had 4 knock ons by my count but what really impressed me that day was his work rate. He was in everything. I saw him take 2 hit ups in a set on multiple occasions.

I thought Tumeth was solid without being spectacular. Happy not to pass judgement on him until he gets a bit of match fitness back. You can tell he’s a real goer though, an attribute we need in bucket loads.

We need better than Hastings….And Brooks of course. Can’t forget him otherwise some will think you love the guy.

Latest posts

Back