Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Mmmm…..that certainly goes in the face of all the hoopla about keeping Brooks, I don’t disagree with you, but imho I don’t think LB will be playing anywhere but 7.
Thinking Jacko will start at 13 but I’ve been wrong before. All part of the mystery !
Hopefully Sheens is using Brooks as a smoke screen to secure a first grade halfback - he’s a smart guy, no chance he thinks Brooks fits that category

According to Andrew Fifita Sheenius is the hardest and most strict coach he has played under I am a bit worried about a few of the players if they think Madge was hard Sheenius is next level
I’m worried about some of the forum members then 🤣

When Madge lost it in the sheds he yelled enough to break windows.
If sheens yelled they would have to get the defibrillator out 🤣
I like Sheens, he would simply have to look the player in the eyes as if to say...come on fella, you can do better than that. The player would respond IMO.
We shall see I guess.
You didn’t take any notice of Beau Ryan or Fitzys career?

I'm sad to see him go and wish him all the best. He deserves a change of fortune. I always thought he'd be our long term hooker. The Dragons have done well and we also have done well not to have to contribute to his contract.
Second this.

Just a real good clubman, disappointed his career didn't go where it could've with us - really do wish he goes injury free and gets consistent game time at the Dragons to give him every opportunity to reach his potential.

i wish Liddle all success at St George.

The lack of signings since Sheens was announced the Coach is a worry.

Fingers crossed there are signings in the background ready to be confirmed shortly.

With Liddle gone and the two known additions for 2023 how many top 30 spots need to be filled?

I hope Shaun Blore is the saviour some WT Forum members think he is in 2023 and not another Matt Groat or Ben Murdoch-Masila.

Brooks on $1.1 mill final year backended contract either we pay all of it and he plays for us or we pay about 60% and he plays for knights
Pretty sure Tim wants to keep him .So think they will offer newcontract
2023 - 2025 $2.3 mill
Same as his $1.1 MILL 2023
600k 2024
600 k 2025
So they can say new contract 3 years $2.3 mill or 767k per year
Its sounds better
But what do they think 9 years not enough to perform as great half but
Its the 10th year will be the breakthrough year !

Back