Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Conspiracy theory time: If we have signed Frizell then perhaps stand by for Papali'i to be released from his contract. He might not be saying anything about it cos the Tigers don't want to announce it until Frizell is delivered to soften the blow.

We need two edge backrowers. Currently we have Kautoga and Blore who are completely unproven. I honestly can't see the Tigers releasing IP period.

This was on FoxSports, don't know how accurate it is.

In 2022 they have got Tedesco on $1.1m, Luke Keary on $850,000, Joseph Manu ($720k), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ($700k), Angus Crichton ($700k), Sio Siua Taukeiaho ($625k) and Victor Radley ($510k) for a total of $5,205,000.
“The cap in 2021 is only $9.4 million so there is a lot of under paid players there.
“The problem for the Roosters is next year they have got to chuck Brandon Smith into that and you have also got to throw Joseph Suaalii into that who is on $700,000 next year.”
Rothfield went on to add that young halfback Sam Walker is also off-contract next year and the Roosters could be in an uphill battle to keep him.

If it is accurate, they have 23 players left for just over $4m, which is less than $200,000 per player. that includes Tupouniua (International), Collins (state of Origin) , Suaalli, Sam Walker, Connor Watson, Lodge (who reportedly was on $700,000 at Brisbane and NZ) and Nat Butcher.

Amazing the amount of players who play for the Roosters on less money offered elsewhere.
I know for a fact that Bronson Xerri contact offer from the Rooster's was for $750K ayear he had it in from of him and was bragging about it in front of all his mates and showing them the offer

I wonder how much Manu is really on

Conspiracy theory time: If we have signed Frizell then perhaps stand by for Papali'i to be released from his contract. He might not be saying "I'll be there" cos the Tigers don't want to announce his release until Frizell is delivered to soften the blow.
He has at least one more game to play for the Eels, what do you expect him to say “ wish I could join Tigers straight away “ ?
Give him a chance to respect his current team the come to tigers
he has not said he isn’t coming

Conspiracy theory time: If we have signed Frizell then perhaps stand by for Papali'i to be released from his contract. He might not be saying "I'll be there" cos the Tigers don't want to announce his release until Frizell is delivered to soften the blow.
Stop poking this crap out there. It's done. He's coming. No question about it.

Frizell is leaving the Knights, where he goes is still unknown (officially anyway) but I think the Dragons are trying to get him back, especially with Sua leaving

Frizell is leaving the Knights, where he goes is still unknown (officially anyway) but I think the Dragons are trying to get him back, especially with Sua leaving
I don't think he will go back to the dragon's he was not happy when he left he has a house at Woolooware so could walk to shark park in around 10 minutes but before he left the dragons he use to get coffee in the morning at the same place I did and I asked him a few times about joining the Tiger's from the few chats I had with him I don't think it was out of the question

Very humble man

I don't think he will go back to the dragon's he was not happy when he left he has a house at Woolooware so could walk to shark park in around 10 minutes but before he left the dragons he use to get coffee in the morning at the same place I did and I asked him a few times about joining the Tiger's from the few chats I had with him I don't think it was out of the question

Very humble man
Your shout then mate, make it happen!

That was all Madge. Sheens might have been here but he wasn't the one who signed them.

We should be clear on Sheens input so far:-

1. Sacked Madge.
2. Let Luc go early.
3. Loan out Nofo and Gildart.

--> These actions were significant contributing factors to us getting the spoon.

4. Sign himself and Benji as long term coaches.
5. Re-Sign To'a, Kepaoa, Joe O and Naden.
6. Re-signed some juniors and upgaded some juniors to development or other contracts.

--> Number 4 might work out for us. I think number 5 is actually pretty good. Number 6 is pretty good as well. These are though easier options compared to recruiting outside talent.

Overall Sheens to me has been a complete failure but it can all turn around next season.
I don't think Luciano,gildart or nofa change us getting the spoon. Madge getting sacked mid season is the main reason but it was the difference between coming 12-15 or getting the spoon

Correct, it becomes obvious that our administration hides its incompetence and mediocracy behind "we cannot do anything, we cannot behave like the Storm/Roosters/Panthers"???
If they cannot do anything they shall go into politics, and leave the administration of the club to the people that can!
Should be called Wests pussies with this leadership crew

I am on board with the whole Sheen / Benji / Robbie coaching idea and hope it all works out.

But am I correct in saying the ONLY signing Sheen's has made is Naden ?? Papa and Api were done prior I believe.

With all this excitement around Sheen's / Benji and we are yet to sign a player and IMO is a massive concern.. I will sit back and trust the process but generally when a new coach is announced etc.. they makes signings pretty quickly as players want to be apart of the change. I thought Benji had some pull according to other players / commentators in the game.
So either they have a few lined up but are keeping it rather quite or we are praying we get lucky..
There aren’t any real difference makers available. That’s the main problem. See how they go for 2024.

Agree that not much is going to happen for '23, but Marshall will attract established players for '24.
What's in doubt is if he can actually coach them to win some games.
I don't understand how/why Marshall will be able to attract players? I think any connections to players he may be able to call upon are massively overstated. More importantly players still have managers advising them and i doubt many would be encouraging their clients to go to wooden spoon club with an untried coach.

Back